Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Like I said. Flyer's fans want to lose this game, and in the grand scheme of things it is meaningless to us. I actually hope that we enter the playoffs a 5th or 6th seed, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result. Let's try being a lower seed this time.

However because I want to deny Flyer fans happiness and want us to lose, we likely will win.
Wildcard spot is a best-case scenario for us. Atlantic wildcard only, though. Either that or winning the division, but the wildcard would be even better.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Is anyone seriously still complaining about MAF playing in a back-to-back game before Christmas when his backup was injured? :laugh:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
So.....Simmonds and 15 1st round picks for Craig Adams? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Sorry bud, Holmgren's not our GM anymore.

No but seriously, i know that they're injured and saddled with a ton of garbage contracts, but it's the fact that Hextall has done very little to make this team his since he took over as GM that's rubbing people the wrong way. It's that he hasn't moved some of the movable pieces on this team to get back draft picks. It's that he continues to let arguably the most clueless head coach in the NHL make Pejorative Slured decision after Pejorative Slured decision.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Totally forgot that Ebbett was even still up here. MJ should just YOLO and play Ebbett and Farnham. He'd probably get better results.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I thought Ebbett had been waived and sent down. We need a chart for this.

He has been waived, but he doesn't need to be sent down right now. Not sure how many games he can play. 10 games, 30 days?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
My problem with Despres is the same one I have with Bortuzzo. The NYR game was still in reach at the beginning of the second period even after the Rangers made it 3-1 early and what does Despres do but shoots the puck into the stands on a delay of game penalty and then Rangers score on PP and make it 4-1 and the game is effectively over. Bortuzzo always seems to be the one to make the same type of critical mistakes that just kill you, especially with just making simple clears. Even more disheartening is Harrington, who I thought was getting close to being a NHL defenseman but has really looked like you just cannot trust him under any circumstances because he will make the same types of mistakes like being a step behind whoever he is watching that just kill you in a game.
Agreed about Harrington & Bortuzzo. They are not NHL material now, certainly not a PO material. Harrington has been disappointing as hell. 1 win and 5 losses with him in the lineup, with him being a -9, wow. That´s a definition of a liability. Pouliot was criticized for not being ready, but look at Harrington, he was worse. He´s just not playing with passion, just too scared.

Despres shouldn´t be in the same level as these two guys, although him & Borts are both terrible since they were killed in their fights. The difference is that Despres can and will play better than this. This last month is not what we will see from him in the playoffs, I guess. Bortuzzo & Scuderi, though.. this is exactly what they are and what they will be.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Sorry, but given our injuries those lines are not horrid.

I really want to see this team healthy. As I have said this team seems to be an entirely different team with a huge dropoff when key players are out, which is a change from prior years. We are getting closer but still do not have anything close to ideal lines.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Sorry bud, Holmgren's not our GM anymore.

No but seriously, i know that they're injured and saddled with a ton of garbage contracts, but it's the fact that Hextall has done very little to make this team his since he took over as GM that's rubbing people the wrong way. It's that he hasn't moved some of the movable pieces on this team to get back draft picks. It's that he continues to let arguably the most clueless head coach in the NHL make Pejorative Slured decision after Pejorative Slured decision.

Well, there's an certain extremely prominent Coach who looks to be without a contract this summer. Why fire concrete brain now? Every further loss this year is a win for Hextall.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Like I said. Flyer's fans want to lose this game, and in the grand scheme of things it is meaningless to us. I actually hope that we enter the playoffs a 5th or 6th seed, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result. Let's try being a lower seed this time.

However because I want to deny Flyer fans happiness and want us to lose, we likely will win.

Actually, I'd still love to see us destroy you. I think most Flyers fans would. The fact that we'd do it starting 2 AHLers on D and without Mason would make it even sweeter. Winning the games we play against you is pretty much the only on-ice consolation we could possibly get out of this horrid season and it wouldn't substantially alter our draft position. We're a BAAAAAD team. We're picking top 10 for sure, maybe top 5, and with any luck #1 overall regardless if we win tonight's game or not.

Can't you just see it? "With the 1st overall selection in the 2015, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select, from the Erie Otters, Connor McDavid!" ;)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Going by the lines, i say theres a good shot Sill may sit...maybe...with Ebbett or Arco playing on the 3rd line.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Good on Johnston for going to bat to get BFF back into the lineup. For all the complaining about Johnston, my feeling is he sees all the angles. He's sometimes slow and methodical in acting on them, but that's not really the character flaw it's made out to be.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Either we win, and yay we beat the Flyers. Or we lose and they're a bit further from a good pick.

Win-win. :nod:

Farnham in is awesome. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad