Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrozJawz*

Not feeling good about this game at all.

I envision the Flyers pushing the Pens around early, Sid, Geno, and Letang losing their cool and spending large portions of the game on the PK because of it, Downie having some sort of meltdown and getting a game misconduct, Pens struggling to score goals while Voracek and Giroux light up the scoreboard as Fleury or Greiss flops all over the place...

It's just the way it goes nowadays with this team...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I dunno.
Pens coming off 2 bad ones should be hungry to get a W in this one.
Depends if we are a 1, 2 or 3 line team tomorrow. I know we won't be 4 though.

Flyers are easily a weaker team than the Isles and Rags but they always get up for Pittsburgh.

The Pens will eventually turn that corner and beat Metro teams again.
Might as well start tomorrow.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I ultimately feel like we will get the two points, but certainly not in any kind of cathartic way. Probably a shootout.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
tom_servo, my main man from back in the good ol days!

How's Hipster L. Doofis been? KayKayHoliday66? grunt? kaopectate? Denis Lemieux? BEERMAN? what about Mikey from Pens Chat?

hope all is well.:yo:

What's with you and talking about the old days all the time?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Congrats on the win tomorrow!

The Flyers are now without Nick Shultz & Carlo Colacaiacovo, who were both injured today.

Here's the blueline you'll be facing:

MDZ Schenn
MacDonald Streit
Manning Lauridsen

The only guy who hasn't been a multiple game healthy scratch (on one of the worst D's in the league) or an AHLer this season in that entire group is 37 year old Mark Streit.

Backstopping them will either be Ray Emery or Rob Zepp.

It's going to be an ugly game, Sid & Malkin may well be 1 & 2 in the points race by the time it is finished.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Congrats on the win tomorrow!

The Flyers are now without Nick Shultz & Carlo Colacaiacovo, who were both injured today.

Here's the blueline you'll be facing:

MDZ Schenn
MacDonald Streit
Manning Lauridsen

The only guy who hasn't been a multiple game healthy scratch (on one of the worst D's in the league) or an AHLer this season in that entire group is 37 year old Mark Streit.

Backstopping them will either be Ray Emery or Rob Zepp.

It's going to be an ugly game, Sid & Malkin may well be 1 & 2 in the points race by the time it is finished.

I see you're trying to have some sort of reverse mojo to work for you. I am on to your ruse.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens score 28 seconds into the game to take a 1-0 lead.

Someone throws a check on Crosby 2 seconds later.

Flyers go on to win 9-1.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Flyers go on to win 9-1.

Well, if it were Malkin scoring that goal, then I assume by 'someone' you'd mean Adams.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey

Flyers go on to win 9-1.

I'll go with Giroux scoring on the Flyers first shot. Pens rattled and take a needless penalty. Flyers PP makes it 2-0 and doesn't look back.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
0-0 until late in the third, Sutter scores on a breakaway, Crosby and Malkin combine for two giveaways to let the Flyers up 2-1, Craig Adams ties it on a setup by Bennett, and they win it in a shootout.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Crosby scores an early goal but it gets waived off, then the Flyers quickly score with goalie interference getting ignored. The Pens never quite bounce back from it... someone gets injured. 4-1 with the ENG to capping it off.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Perron gets a hat trick, but nobody else scores and Lecavalier and Lauridsen each score 4 goals.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

I take it that means Colaiacovo was not hurt prior to (yesterday). Never would have seen that coming. At least all is right in the universe again.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
My prediction: If they lose, especially in a bad effort, everybody on this board will stroke themselves because they called it ahead of time.

If they win, especially in a strong effort, everybody will pretend they didn't predict an embarassing loss and will wait for the next game the Penguins lose so they can go on diatribes about how the Penguins suck and will always suck because most posters on this forum have the emotional stability of emo 12 year olds.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Call me crazy, but I have a good feeling about this one. As bad as we've been, Flyers have somehow been worse. 4-3 Pens, Crosby with another big game.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I actually am rooting for the Pens to lose tomorrow.

As I have often said the regular season is meaningless for us. We are not missing the playoffs and are going to win a lot of the remaining games.

However the Flyers currently are 6th from the bottom of the overall standings. Good chance to get a top player or even move into that top two position, which is unacceptable.

Put a dent in that tank of theirs and give them a meaningless (to us, not to them and their tank job) win in January. Logically we should hope for a loss, it screws them which is what I always wish for, and is almost meaningless except for a quickly forgotten annoyance at another loss to a hated team.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
tom_servo, my main man from back in the good ol days!

How's Hipster L. Doofis been? KayKayHoliday66? grunt? kaopectate? Denis Lemieux? BEERMAN? what about Mikey from Pens Chat?

hope all is well.:yo:

Aaah good times heh? When super troll kao left i actually created an account just to bring him back for ol' times sake. My impersonation was so right on (yes?) that i immediately got banned. :sarcasm:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My prediction: If they lose, especially in a bad effort, everybody on this board will stroke themselves because they called it ahead of time.

If they win, especially in a strong effort, everybody will pretend they didn't predict an embarassing loss and will wait for the next game the Penguins lose so they can go on diatribes about how the Penguins suck and will always suck because most posters on this forum have the emotional stability of emo 12 year olds.

Well, no need talking about that now.

It would be like predicting the coach will put Malkin with Comeau and Horny when they return and waste Bennett on L3 (keeping Sid with Kunitz and Perron). And, we know that would never happen, no matter what Johnston told Jason Mackey today. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad