Confirmed with Link: Pens and Coyotes make a trade

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are you able to tell us who?

And why didn't they tell anybody else?

Basically this individual has the freedom to post if he/she wants to. I'll reach out going forward to see if he/she wants me to post these rumors. I can attest the user said yesterday that Cole is off the block and Archi is about to be dealt.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Basically this individual has the freedom to post if he/she wants to. I'll reach out going forward to see if he/she wants me to post these rumors. I can attest the user said yesterday that Cole is off the block and Archi is about to be dealt.

"Cole is off the block"

This Oleksiak trade is extremely confusing if Cole isn't being moved.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
With so many goalies in the org and Gusty coming over next season, I sorta get it.

Archibald is not changing the tone of this roster. If anything, that gives us a space to make a call up for DiPauli or ideally Sprong.

4th gets Oleksiak so...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

If its not Cole it has to be Dumo or Maatta.

The pens have to many left handed def right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm so glad the nuclear option was deployed by JR. These trades will revolutionize our pathetic effort and PDO. Thanks JR.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not sure what I'm more surprised by, the trades today, or the fact that apparently Cole is off the block. After seeing him take penalty after penalty recently, I was warming up to the idea.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
"Cole is off the block"

This Oleksiak trade is extremely confusing if Cole isn't being moved.

Maybe it’s Hunwick on the block. Ruh to take his spot and we get a RHD depth guy at the deadline. Oleksiak to take Cole’s spot next year.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Jarry going in bigger trade. Leighton is the new backup?

That's my first thought. That or Rutherford really wanted to send him back to the minors to get regular playing time. Sucks that we lost Archie after the game he had lastnight... but it's not like we don't have others like him in the minors (DiPauli for example). The deal also gave us the 4th used to get the big D out of DAL, who could be a potential Cole replacement.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Guys and gals, Leighton is NOT an NHL quality back up. He's goalie depth for WBS and NHL insurance if Murray goes down again. He can play the odd game, but the guy has played 7 NHL games since the '09-'10 season.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Guys and gals, Leighton is NOT an NHL quality back up. He's goalie depth for WBS and NHL insurance if Murray goes down again. He can play the odd game, but the guy has played 7 NHL games since the '09-'10 season.
Jarry is a better backup as a rookie then Leightons whole career. If he was our backup i'd guess JR threw in the towel. It would be Niemi all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad