Confirmed with Link: Pens and Coyotes make a trade

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I really liked what Archibald showed last night, and I've been saying for some time now that Archibald together with Reaves would work much better than three big, slow guys together. It was proven last night. That said, you cannot fault JR for moving him on. He needs roster spots. He is better off not losing anybody to waivers right now, so if his coach refuses to play the guy (a guy who seems to fit the mold of exactly what the coach wants from his forwards) you cannot fault JR for dealing him in a transaction for something we needed (depth G, though that was way down the list). It also gives Archibald a chance to play regularly, which is also a good thing for him.

The draft pick upgrade allowed us to trade for Oleksiak, so it works for me.

Reactions: td_ice

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
No, because Reaves serves a purpose. Even if that purpose is only to placate Crosby and Malkin, he still serves a purpose.

I mean, that's probably true if you think like this but now we also have Oleksiak (who might even be on the ice when something is happening). How many face punchers do Sid and Geno actually need?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Coyote fan checking in. What's the take on Archibald? Seems to well liked by fans. 4th liner? Know he's undersized. Grit to his game? Guessing Tocc must have liked him.

Right now, he's a 11-13 forward. However he is young(ish) and could potentially become a middle 6 guy - but I wouldn't hold your breath. He's undersized, but is gritty, and has amazing speed. To me, he's an ideal 4th line winger with limited upside. But as a 4th liner he's ideal. He's young, fast, gritty, not bad defensively, and cheap.

I think you guys will like him - especially as you gave up nothing to acquire him.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Count me in as another one who would've rather see Archibald kept and someone else moved. In the world where we're just talking about talent lost, sure, its fine. But when he's playing his heart out while alot of the team is kind of dogging it, that's not a guy I want to lose until everyone is back to their old selves.

I really hope this is just a precursor to a larger deal because Laughton is ****ing terrible.

He’s played in 7 games since 2010. This is just unnecessary.

Rutherford sucks

Leighton. Not Laughton. If you want the Pens to trade for Laughton, fire up your xbox and nab him and bonino and sign Duchene with the cap turned off.

Spoiler alert: here in the real world it is a precursor to another move.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I expect Archi being traded is to call up Di Pauli for that spot. At least I hope so. Much better speed then Kuhn

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I expect Archi being traded is to call up Di Pauli for that spot. At least I hope so. Much better speed then Kuhn
I see as it opening up the roster to 13 foward spots and 8 spots. And then trading Cole for foward and making it the normal 14/7 split.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Basically this individual has the freedom to post if he/she wants to. I'll reach out going forward to see if he/she wants me to post these rumors. I can attest the user said yesterday that Cole is off the block and Archi is about to be dealt.

I can confirm everything Cole has said here. :thumbu:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I see as it opening up the roster to 13 foward spots and 8 spots. And then trading Cole for foward and making it the normal 14/7 split.

Cole said that he was informed by our insider (yesterday/lastnight?) that Ian Cole is off the block and Archie was about to be traded... if that's true, then it's unlikely I.Cole is moved in short order... which leaves the question: Who is getting moved? I struggle to see this as simply a depth move as we have lots of internal candidates that could fill that role.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Cole said that he was informed by our insider (yesterday/lastnight?) that Ian Cole is off the block and Archie was about to be traded... if that's true, then it's unlikely I.Cole is moved in short order... which leaves the question: Who is getting moved? I struggle to see this as simply a depth move as we have lots of internal candidates that could fill that role.

Conventional wisdom suggests Oleksiak is more depth on D and you can never have too much depth on D. That said, Cole was already rumored available, and now off the block, and JR is not a conventional GM so I would expect more shake ups on D.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Our insider last night said they kissed and made up, which jibes with something I'd heard before Cole got into the lineup (he, JR, and Sully had a sit down).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Imagine if Letang is traded. My bet is Dumoulin is.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Malkinstheman

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Conventional wisdom suggests Oleksiak is more depth on D and you can never have too much depth on D. That said, Cole was already rumored available, and now off the block, and JR is not a conventional GM so I would expect more shake ups on D.

He could do a 180 on Cole. You can never discount it, because 'all good' or no, JR will move all but maybe 5 people for the right return (value of asset AND the specific asset). But, there's zero indication of it right now . . .

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So basically another D man will be traded...Maatta, Dumo or Letang? I really don't think Oleksiak is going to be an upgrade on any of those, especially as a PMD. I really hope if any of these guys are traded, we are getting a better D man as part of the return

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So basically another D man will be traded...Maatta, Dumo or Letang? I really don't think Oleksiak is going to be an upgrade on any of those, especially as a PMD. I really hope if any of these guys are traded, we are getting a better D man as part of the return

I don't think Oleksiak's an upgrade on Cole, even if you take into account how badly Cole is playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad