Confirmed with Link: Pens and Coyotes make a trade

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Dumb and pointless trade is dumb and pointless. Although at least the Penguins get a higher pick? I think this trade just gives the Penguins another AHL goalie, it just sucks the Penguins gave up Archibald to get that.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Haha I was about to say the fourth line looked better with Archie.

Good for Archie to get out of here.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
hmmm.... what is our contract situation at? clear up room for something else?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So our fourth line finally shows life with Archibald in, so we trade him for a backup goalie? And that's supposed to fix what's wrong with this team?

He wasn't traded for a backup goalie, he was traded for a 3rd or 4th string goalie. Truly an odd move unless the Penguins were clearing up a NHL roster spot.

Well I mean obviously this means that Jarry is part of the eventual trade that saves the season.

What are you talking about? Leighton isn't a NHL goalie.

Reactions: Shady Machine

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yea color me royally PISSED. I was a huge Archi fan and thought he got jerked around, this after he gets an NHL contract

WTF is going on?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So our fourth line finally shows life with Archibald in, so we trade him for a backup goalie? And that's supposed to fix what's wrong with this team?
Yep. This is the antithesis of everything JR had done with this team so far. Even the Reaves trade (you don't have to agree with the logic or assessment of Reaves as a player, but there was a clear motive and in their opinion it improved the team).

This is literally trading a potentially useful bottom 6er for a backup goalie which isn't even really THAT big of a concern

Bombulie says Leighton is reporting to WBS!! HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA BE IN THE NHL. Good God JR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad