Confirmed with Link: Pens and Coyotes make a trade

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yea color me royally PISSED. I was a huge Archi fan and thought he got jerked around, this after he gets an NHL contract

WTF is going on?

Rutherford is a mediocre GM who had a solid core which he only had to tinker with to win a cup. Hornqvist and Schultz were pretty great trades everything else was either stunningly obvious (Kessel) or incredibly lucky (Hags, Lovejoy, etc.)

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
frustrated-kessel.gif

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't know why anybody is complaining, Archi played 3 game this year.

If your not going to play him what's the point of having him on your team?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Or the Penguins needed a 3rd string goalie because DeSmith wasn't enough after Jarry and Murray. People are way overthinking this. It's adding goalie depth, Leighton is not a NHL goalie.

Maguire is pretty terrible too. All it takes is a few injuries and we'd be screwed. Leighton is an upgrade for WBS.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
JR said they needed Goalie Depth, but this doesn't add up for me.

The Good:
4th > 7th obviously, not even worth typing, but here we are
Leighton is better than Maguire, at least now, and likely going forward.

The Bad:
Archie has his best game and they ship him out
Does this really address the goalie depth issue? It just pushes the issue down to Wheeling as opposed to Pit or WBS. There is still a hole, just not as bad of a hole.

It was pretty clear Archie wasn't going to get time here, so like Wilson, it's good to get him somewhere he will at least play I suppose.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Sorry there are people seriously saying that this means Jarry is going to be traded :laugh:

No worries.

This does have the stink of an "initial move leading to dot dot dot" about it though at this point the best it does is shuffle a few pennies around. Maybe the potential move is less about Jarry and more about Casey DeSmith being sent somewhere and this is your new WBS starter.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't know why anybody is complaining, Archi played 3 game this year.

If your not going to play him what's the point of having him on your team?
Because people feel he should be playing over some of the regulars like Kuhnhackl. Plus he’s a decent depth guy when we have injuries. He’s better than our other fourth liners.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
JR said they needed Goalie Depth, but this doesn't add up for me.

The Good:
4th > 7th obviously, not even worth typing, but here we are
Leighton is better than Maguire, at least now, and likely going forward.

The Bad:
Archie has his best game and they ship him out
Does this really address the goalie depth issue? It just pushes the issue down to Wheeling as opposed to Pit or WBS. There is still a hole, just not as bad of a hole.

It was pretty clear Archie wasn't going to get time here, so like Wilson, it's good to get him somewhere he will at least play I suppose.

Intuitively yes.

However, historically there is zero difference between a 4th or 7th round pick's percentage chances of making or contributing to a team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sick, more Reaves.*

*In the lineup, not playing more than 5 minutes a game, doing absolutely nothing, etc.

Ah well, hopefully this is just the first of several moves. This team is in a bad spot and waiting it out isn't gonna change things, I don't think.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
Duchene........................:). maybe JR is planning to get Duchene in thirt center spot after from ottava..:).

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Because it's December and it's dumb to not have NHL ready players insurances in case of injuries?

For whatever reason Sully didn't like him, he wasn't going to play him over anybody.

They could of played Archi last week, but they brought Simon up instead.

It was very obvious Sully didn't like Archi.

Archi deserved a chance to go somewhere and play, the pens were jerking him around.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah my after my initial "wtf" my next thought was potentially getting rid of a contract because JR is working on acquiring another one? Something doesn't add up here.

Their contracts aren’t a problem unless he’d be taking on a bunch and this gets them down one contract. Possibly more veteran G presence for WBS than anything.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Maybe its as simple as having a vet goalie that they could swap back and forth with Jarry so Jarry can get some games in WBS instead of sitting for 2 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad