Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
My dad was at that LA game, he sat a few rows in front of Rob Zombie of all people. He called me after the game, told me he saw history made and the hoped I was watching too. I was 14 years old at the time. That shit had me over the moon

Crazy that was half a lifetime ago for you lol

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Crazy that was half a lifetime ago for you lol

Lol just about, being that i'm 25 now. I feel almost as lucky watching Sid and Malkin while growing up, as those who saw Mario when they were 14. I'm jealous that my dad has seen all 5 cup wins for the pens. Two back to backs. Crazy that so many fans around the league hardly get to see their team win 1 cup in their lifetime

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Over the years we've criticised upper management and the organization as a whole. Decisions they make we don't understand. But for once I'd like to acknowledge them for being a first class organization that tries to take care of. (And care about) their own, past and present even if it's not (or we think it's not) perfect. Be grateful.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Over the years we've criticised upper management and the organization as a whole. Decisions they make we don't understand. But for once I'd like to acknowledge them for being a first class organization that tries to take care of. (And care about) their own, past and present even if it's not (or we think it's not) perfect. Be grateful.
Whats this in regards to? Did the Pens actually do something good that none of us know about?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Whats this in regards to? Did the Pens actually do something good that none of us know about?

I wonder what would have happened if they drafted that ARI draft idiot... For any sake of argument, operate under the impression that their background check didn't reveal it until recently.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder what would have happened if they drafted that ARI draft idiot... For any sake of argument, operate under the impression that their background check didn't reveal it until recently.
The sad part is he would be right in line with a penguins signed player given their history.

Billy Tibbetts - Let's not forget Mario Lemieux thought HIS story was a good redemption arc. Yeah...
Harry Zolnierczyk
Casey DeSmith
Steve Downie - Eerily similar to Miller in his youth aka a racist.

Those are Mitch Miller type pals.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I see you guys had Dominik Kahun in 2019-20. Any wood good a report on him? Is he top 9?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I see you guys had Dominik Kahun in 2019-20. Any wood good a report on him? Is he top 9?

Good player. I really like him and you guys got a bargain. He used to play with Leon. His GF% (which is awesome) might be unsustainable but actual always trumps “expected”. 4th club may be a concern in such a short career but Buffalo was never going to let him go to arbitration as he would have done really well there.

Reactions: Al Smith

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Good player. I really like him and you guys got a bargain. He used to play with Leon. His GF% (which is awesome) might be unsustainable but actual always trumps “expected”. 4th club may be a concern in such a short career but Buffalo was never going to let him go to arbitration as he would have done really well there.

Thanks for the report

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

What’s all this analytics malarkey? He didn’t play “the right way“ here. That’s all the analysis anyone needs to know.

Reactions: vodeni

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Top 9, yes assuming he meshes with your top 9 centers and wings...cliche yes but that was his "issue" here. He wasn't bad and he was quite good at times. But he didn't mesh with Sid or Malkin and they opted to go a different direction. At <$1mil, he's a great value player to have.

He's a pretty middle of the road player. With him to be truly impactful, he needs to find good chemistry with someone. He's not a speedster, not overly skillful, not the best playmaker, decent shooter but not a sniper. Good at all, great at none...but he's still a capable player.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Is there some conspiracy in Pittsburgh and WBS to make the worst looking jerseys? I mean, this one is probably the best I've seen out of the recent monstrosities but it's like they are intentionally spoon feeding fans shit designs...and I can't figure out why? Am I crazy? Maybe it's just targeted at me. It's working...jerks.

Always though WBS had great looking jerseys. The addition of the red and hints of green make it look great. I'll never forget losing an ebay auction in 2006 or 2007 for one of their St. Pat's Days jerseys. Never forgive. Never forget.

Reactions: Al Smith

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Idk i think it is way better than the roided out penguin with red gloves, that looks like it is from a cartoon on channel 13, that you only watched at your grandmas bc she didn’t get nickelodeon.

It looks incomplete to me though. Needs more details on the sleeves and finishing touches.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The sad part is he would be right in line with a penguins signed player given their history.

Billy Tibbetts - Let's not forget Mario Lemieux thought HIS story was a good redemption arc. Yeah...
Harry Zolnierczyk
Casey DeSmith
Steve Downie - Eerily similar to Miller in his youth aka a racist.

Those are Mitch Miller type pals.

Woah, did that one ever get hushed up at the time. Man. Dude is a hockey Tekashi6x9.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Idk i think it is way better than the roided out penguin with red gloves, that looks like it is from a cartoon on channel 13, that you only watched at your grandmas bc she didn’t get nickelodeon.

It looks incomplete to me though. Needs more details on the sleeves and finishing touches.

Now see, I really like WBS's design. I like that hint of red and even more when there's a hint of green.

Love this:
5c8b3247280f1.jpg

Woah, did that one ever get hushed up at the time. Man. Dude is a hockey Tekashi6x9.

I had to go back and google the stuff about him...I was like "ohhh yeahhhhhhhh...I member". Seems like ages ago. I swear, before 2016 seems like a decade ago.

Reactions: Khelandros

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That first white jersey leak was a kick in the balls, then this one is like they set your balls on fire while you writhe in pain.

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO US PENGUINS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad