Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
@Big McLargehuge brought it up in another thread, but there's almost no room for error in the schedule. If you think a change is necessary, how long would you wait before pulling the switch on Sullivan?

It depends on how they're losing.

Firing the coach won't do anything if they're losing because of flaws on the roster. However, if they're losing like they were last night, which generally looked lifeless and lacking intensity, that's another thing.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It depends on how they're losing.

Firing the coach won't do anything if they're losing because of flaws on the roster. However, if they're losing like they were last night, which generally looked lifeless and lacking intensity, that's another thing.

It would be a tough call, especially in the early going. The roster is definitely flawed. However, it can perform better than it did last night.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It would be a tough call, especially in the early going. The roster is definitely flawed. However, it can perform better than it did last night.

That’s a tough one because the loss was basically all on the players. You can’t fire all the players, easier to fire the coach.

The roster is good enough except for depth when a top 6 is out still good enough to make playoffs

Reactions: BHD

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Big McLargehuge brought it up in another thread, but there's almost no room for error in the schedule. If you think a change is necessary, how long would you wait before pulling the switch on Sullivan?

You have to get Kapanen back and get through Jan. to see where the team is at player wise. Adjust, and if it insn't working in the next 2/3 weeks I can see where dumping Sully and promoting Reirden is a possibility.

Personally, I think the team is weak player wise up front. They have size here and there, but most of that size is under strengthen mass wise. Look through the lineup and look at players height and then their weight. The team can be easily pushed around.

Just a team of very fast lightweights. I would say at forward there's only a handful who can out muscle their way in a 50/50 battle along the boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t think they fire him in season unless it’s like bottom of the division bad after a significant portion of games.

It’s too short of a year to where it’s easier to just wait, Sullivan is too well liked by his GM, and I doubt the Pens are gonna pay him not to coach in this economic environment.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t think they fire him in season unless it’s like bottom of the division bad after a significant portion of games.

It’s too short of a year to where it’s easier to just wait, Sullivan is too well liked by his GM, and I doubt the Pens are gonna pay him not to coach in this economic environment.

If we lost our first four or five games or so like we just did, I don't see how you can keep him after the embarrassment of last playoffs.

Kapanen is a loss, but we are going to be missing players frequently throughout this year. If Sullivan can't make that work and work quickly we basically are 12 points out already. Every game in division this year is 4 points.

Last edited:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
There are 112 points available to every team this season. Losing 2 on opening night isn't going to break a season. Relax, 21% of the players playing last night were new to the team and the system.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If we lost our first four or five games or so like we just did, I don't see how you can keep him after the embarrassment of last playoffs.

Kapanen is a loss, but we are going to be missing players frequently throughout this year. If Sullivan can't make that work and work quickly we basically are 12 points out already. Every game in division this year is 4 points.
They would have only gotten Kapanen in for a game at that point.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
ErpkDYRW4AAKh9X

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Shame you can’t splice and then link everything Pierre says during any given game in this aptly named thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad