Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Tough call on what to do before basic (Navy, I hope). I purchased a P30L while on leave one year and it was tough to leave it at home. That said, if you can swing it, I never tell someone not to buy.

The brace thing is a farce. Tough to write letters back and forth the way they have and then decide that it's all illegal effectively making thousands of overnight felons. That said, a coupe senators have sent them letters telling them to knock it off so who knows. E-forms seem to being going quick but if I was doing it tomorrow, I would go brace.

Heh you're gonna laugh because its the Air Force. But i'm trying to go USAF special operations forces, TACP specifically. They attach with Seal and Ranger units and handle the Air Strikes. Right on though hearing about youre service and thank you for it.

I really hope those senators remain loyal to their constituents. The ATF needs to be curtailed or straight up abolished. I really want a Romania Draco with the triangular folding brace. Steel case 7.62 is still affordable and relatively easy to find at the moment. If I can set my ship date for next fall I just mind get one if it comes back into stock

Also to keep on topic with the thread as to not ire the mods.

Is it me or does Sid look lighter, maybe trying to conserve/increase speed?

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
When Sid & co. get mentioned in the same sentence as Le Magnifique, Pfffttt.

upload_2020-11-26_17-59-23.png

Different eras, blah, blah, blah. Even era adjusted stats would be? 5:1, 6:1, maybe 7:1 ? (vs. Sid)

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Mario was doing that kind of stuff without young talent around him, like *cough cough* another person with a rotated number like his.
Yzerman did the same for the Wings, with nobody. Turned Bob Probert into a 29G, 60pt+ player. Probert!

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yzerman did the same for the Wings, with nobody. Turned Bob Probert into a 29G, 60pt+ player. Probert!
Reminds me of what Mario did for Rob Brown.

Rob Brown put up 115pts and 80pts with Mario. Then after that his career high would be 40pts, again with the Pens in the later part of his career, lol. I am an Yzerman fan, so you're good with me mate. But the Gretzkytards annoy me a great deal. They will argue up and down that Kurri, Andersen, Messier, and others were just young players and didn't benefit Gretzky.

But those same tossers will say Crosby at 18, benefit hugely by having a 19-20yr old Malkin.

Edit: The craziest thing I remember about Yzerman was that the Wings actually debated trading him at one point, ridiculous. Yzerman was this high powered offensive player under Demers & Murray, but after Bowman came, boy did that change.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reminds me of what Mario did for Rob Brown.

Rob Brown put up 115pts and 80pts with Mario. Then after that his career high would be 40pts, again with the Pens in the later part of his career, lol. I am an Yzerman fan, so you're good with me mate. But the Gretzkytards annoy me a great deal. They will argue up and down that Kurri, Andersen, Messier, and others were just young players and didn't benefit Gretzky.

But those same tossers will say Crosby at 18, benefit hugely by having a 19-20yr old Malkin.

Edit: The craziest thing I remember about Yzerman was that the Wings actually debated trading him at one point, ridiculous. Yzerman was this high powered offensive player under Demers & Murray, but after Bowman came, boy did that change.
The last rumor of a potential Yzerman trade was ~'96 for Alfredsson. iirc it was Bowman who "leaked/suggested" it. Could've been the master himself trying to change Yzerman into a 2-way beast.

Kevin Stevens, Ray Sheppard, Paul Ysebaert, John Ogrodnick....good players who were elevated by HOF'ers. FFS, Abdelkader scored 20G (Datsyuk deflected a bunch off of him) & scored a 7yr/$4.25m contract...Abdelkader! He flanked Datsyuk & sometimes the dreaded 2-headed monster Datsyuk/Zetterberg, but usually that was Holmstrom.

I know initially Gretzky had way more help than Yzerman & Lemieux, but his greatness can't be ignored either (not suggesting you are).

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
25 miles south of White Rock. Bellingham.

Haven’t trekked done there in a long time. Last time I was there was at Old Country Buffet. Some guy was losing his absolute **** that they ran out off hot fudge at the dessert bar. Not just annoyed, I’m talking full meltdown.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Haven’t trekked done there in a long time. Last time I was there was at Old Country Buffet. Some guy was losing his absolute **** that they ran out off hot fudge at the dessert bar. Not just annoyed, I’m talking full meltdown.
Dear God, that sounds awful (but sadly, believable). The Lynden/Ferndale area is super messed up, but greater Bellingham, at least west of the freeway, is pretty chill. And I've got a boat, camping gear for the San Juans Islands, and crab pots, so if shit gets too crazy, I can get off the grid fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I am familiar of the place. I did live in Seattle and Bellevue for a number of years. Bellingham has that mall, Bellis Fair, yeah?
Yep. Bellis Fair, 70% of the customers are Canadian, or at least were, pre-COVID. It is a pretty sad place, but I guess some folks like to shop. There is a hell of a lot more to B'ham than Bellis Fair, I assure you. Killer in-bounds and backcountry skiing, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, boating, etc. I was knee deep in powder last week on opening day (65 inch base) at Baker. Once the COVID shit is over, come south, you can be my guest at a Kraken game (not the Penguins, my son has dibs on that) drinks are on you.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yep. Bellis Fair, 70% of the customers are Canadian, or at least were, pre-COVID. It is a pretty sad place, but I guess some folks like to shop. There is a hell of a lot more to B'ham than Bellis Fair, I assure you. Killer in-bounds and backcountry skiing, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, boating, etc. I was knee deep in powder last week on opening day (65 inch base) at Baker. Once the COVID shit is over, come south, you can be my guest at a Kraken game (not the Penguins, my son has dibs on that) drinks are on you.
I did take advantage of kayaking and hiking when I was in Seattle for a time. I really enjoyed it, Baker is fantastic.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad