Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I'm down. Think 48 game season benefits us from a psychological and health standpoint.

I've been saying 48 games from the start, the fact that the NHL thought they could pull off 82 is just showing how delusional these wankers are.

Teams are losing money and what not, then create a better package for fans to buy, if you offer me, straight up a package that allows me to stream all the Pens game without coverage issues on a per game basis, I will buy that instead of the garbage NHL ones.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just came to say... what is this i hear of a strike and I see this 48 game stuff....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

why why whyyyyy!!!!!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
as a penguins fan how can you be happy about having half of crosby and malkin's remaining years stolen

Reactions: vodeni

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Of course, when it looked like the NHL would have labor peace for the foreseeable future for the first time in my lifetime, something like a global pandemic comes around. The League is haunted. Bring back the WHA.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Crosby was mad Ruh’s grandma wasn’t 87 years old

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
as a penguins fan how can you be happy about having half of crosby and malkin's remaining years stolen

They always play better Jan-Apr anyway, so, this will be perfect, just delete the first half of the year they suck anyway (or wait...does that mean they will just suck for the entire 48 games now?!?)

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
They always play better Jan-Apr anyway, so, this will be perfect, just delete the first half of the year they suck anyway (or wait...does that mean they will just suck for the entire 48 games now?!?)
Malkin had 38 points in 26 games prior to Jan 1st last year.
Sid did worse but was obviously laboring with injury all season pretty much. In 2018-19 he had 48 points in 36 games before New Years.
He got 100 points in 79 games. So if we say the 40 game mark is his mid-point, he was at 53 points at that juncture. Very close halves.

Just off the top of my head I can think of a few seasons where Sid was hard carrying in the first half apart from that.
Not buyin what you're sellin :P.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Honestly looks like the logo I'd see on the side of an aquarium put on a practice jersey to me.

WBS definitely goes for it on some of their alts. Sometimes they're amazing, sometimes they're awful, sometimes they're just okay. Nothing offensive about that one, but I'd stop well short of wanting something like that for Pittsburgh.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Honestly looks like the logo I'd see on the side of an aquarium put on a practice jersey to me.

WBS definitely goes for it on some of their alts. Sometimes they're amazing, sometimes they're awful, sometimes they're just okay. Nothing offensive about that one, but I'd stop well short of wanting something like that for Pittsburgh.
IMG_9730.jpeg
El1kWwOWkAgF7nY

Because the fake looking Chinese knockoffs they went with look soooooo much better.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Because the fake looking Chinese knockoffs they went with look soooooo much better.

I have no strong feelings about those jerseys in any direction other than being happy that the robopigeon is nowhere to be found.

I'm just never going to be a fan of a Penguins logo that attempts to be realistic/serious. We're the Penguins, put that bugger in equipment he couldn't wear and give him skates and embrace the absurdity. Don't go complete insanity, but have fun with it. I just love our primary logo so much because it's fun without being ridiculous, ties it in to the locality with the golden triangle (the lack of which does not work well with that logo), and is immediately recognizable as a hockey logo for a team named the Penguins without the need to spell it out.

WBS's primary logo is overdue for an update, however. The muscle-bound penguin with a color in the logo found nowhere else in the branding just looks weird and unpleasant.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To be honest, I don't really understand why outdoor events are okay but indoor events aren't. The entire CDC requirement of "a few fans outside is fine, but no fans inside" seems incredibly arbitrary.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love the WBS one :laugh:

The Pens one still looks like a really bad knock off you see in the Strip for $15

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
To be honest, I don't really understand why outdoor events are okay but indoor events aren't. The entire CDC requirement of "a few fans outside is fine, but no fans inside" seems incredibly arbitrary.

Yeah. They need to figure out how to monetize something other than butts in seats

Maybe now NHL should go all in with fantasy betting WAY more than they have

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I found this interesting... in the recently released PPP loan data, I did a search and found that Lemieux Group, LP received $4,821,785.00 PPP loan. Do with that info as you will

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I found this interesting... in the recently released PPP loan data, I did a search and found that Lemieux Group, LP received $4,821,785.00 PPP loan. Do with that info as you will

giphy.gif

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
It's almost like they have arena workers that are not working right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad