Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Dear ol dad just got back from visiting family in the 'Burgh and brought me this gem. Ignore the paper weight

127551274_668963803795326_3025282616413265046_n.jpg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The long period of uncertainty of the return to play, followed by us getting dismissed by a minnow in 4 games where half the team didn't give a f***, followed by another long period of uncertainty with vague warnings from some owners saying having this season is a net loss financially...

This is really taking the wind outta my sails man. Just exhausted.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
VGK and Lumbus getting positive tests...

Yeah, my interest in hockey at the moment is so very low.
Agreed. All of that waiting only to get bounced by the 24th best team so quickly. Most other organizations would have left Sully in Toronto, but not our cheap owners.

Follow that up with a rough off season and it makes it tough to be engaged. We finally dumped Johnson and then shed Bjugstad’s bloated contract only to sign/acquire below average players. The team cares more about saving money than actually competing this year, which is a bit frustrating.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Couldn't agree more. Thing is, living MD I can't purchase or assemble them in state. However I can legally own them, I just have to purchase them outta state.

Mario's face in that pic was me learning that law

Yeah, certainly a head scratcher. Before the great boat accident of 2018, I had AR SBRs, Rifles, and Pistols. I wanted to be able to carry one with me on my long term travel trips. Can take the pistol AR with the SB PDW brace anywhere I want and conceal it with my license. Can NOT take the SBR AR across state lines without written notification to the ATF. I read the law...I look at the two side by side...I read the law...I look at the two side by side...I read the law...I look at the two side by side. The only conclusion I come to is that my choosing the pistol somehow decreases crime 10 states over.

I did switch to a VP9L-OR recently though. And I am much happier now.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Yeah, certainly a head scratcher. Before the great boat accident of 2018, I had AR SBRs, Rifles, and Pistols. I wanted to be able to carry one with me on my long term travel trips. Can take the pistol AR with the SB PDW brace anywhere I want and conceal it with my license. Can NOT take the SBR AR across state lines without written notification to the ATF. I read the law...I look at the two side by side...I read the law...I look at the two side by side...I read the law...I look at the two side by side. The only conclusion I come to is that my choosing the pistol somehow decreases crime 10 states over.

I did switch to a VP9L-OR recently though. And I am much happier now.

Ah yes the great boating accident, we all have one from time to time. I would acquire myself an SBR but i'm not sure I can get the paperwork through before I ship for basic. For now I have (in minecraft) some other goodies that i've been debating sharing in the OT thread. Lol and the ATf today is trying to crack down on SBR tactical braces, its quite bothersome.

Almost as bothersome as this season not happening yet. I just want to know whether their will be games or not so i'm not left hoping

Reactions: SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ah yes the great boating accident, we all have one from time to time. I would acquire myself an SBR but i'm not sure I can get the paperwork through before I ship for basic. For now I have (in minecraft) some other goodies that i've been debating sharing in the OT thread. Lol and the ATf today is trying to crack down on SBR tactical braces, its quite bothersome.

Almost as bothersome as this season not happening yet. I just want to know whether their will be games or not so i'm not left hoping

Tough call on what to do before basic (Navy, I hope). I purchased a P30L while on leave one year and it was tough to leave it at home. That said, if you can swing it, I never tell someone not to buy.

The brace thing is a farce. Tough to write letters back and forth the way they have and then decide that it's all illegal effectively making thousands of overnight felons. That said, a coupe senators have sent them letters telling them to knock it off so who knows. E-forms seem to being going quick but if I was doing it tomorrow, I would go brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad