Penguins Off Season Thread - Useless Information Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's almost like they have arena workers that are not working right now.
To be clear, I'm certainly in favor of teams utilizing resources that are as intentionally as broad as the PPP. Just throwing this info out there since I found it interesting.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Even teams defense vs the odds? Woof. The bottom pairing there brought up two points: first is Schultz over Orpik. In a vacuum peak Schultz is gonna be worth more, but when the partner is Niskanen? Give me prime Orpik beside him.

And there was a throw away line in there for my second point "In fact, I think Niskanen might be solely responsible for why people thought Maatta was ever good in the first place." That got me thinking, wonder if there's more than a nugget of truth in there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Even teams defense vs the odds? Woof. The bottom pairing there brought up two points: first is Schultz over Orpik. In a vacuum peak Schultz is gonna be worth more, but when the partner is Niskanen? Give me prime Orpik beside him.

And there was a throw away line in there for my second point "In fact, I think Niskanen might be solely responsible for why people thought Maatta was ever good in the first place." That got me thinking, wonder if there's more than a nugget of truth in there.

Considering Maatta was a # 3 and # 4 on back to back cup winners no.

I take evens. That forward depth is insane and the defense is good enough to get them the puck.

Reactions: EightyOne

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Team Odd:

5zR4mGv.jpg

bq0FSud.jpg

Ql6U2nL.jpg

Team Even:

JBKImr0.jpg

Qdr0zKs.jpg

bk3NkMM.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Tough one for me because I don’t really know a lot of them but Team Evens 1st line is insane. How could you stop that? Am I wrong?

Reactions: ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Id consider subbing in Robitaille (Recchi), Hornqvist (Kehoe), Roberts (Apps), and Cole (Hatcher) on team Even.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Team Odd, unless Team even played its bottom pairing 4 minutes/game. I'd consider any of Burrows/Daley/Marino there. Or even Bruce Orpik in his prime. Plus it's hard to reconcile James Neal as your grind-it-out shift after shift fourth liner.

My recollection was that Kehoe wore 17. If so, I'd move him to Team Even and sub him for Morozov on his off wing.

Edit: Just noticed Lowell MacDonald didn't even get mention for Team Even. Dude put up like 130 goals in four years at LW. Don't know if he'd make the starting lineup, but I'd definitely put him in over some of the others mentioned there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
I don’t know that the 3rd pairings on those two teams makes such a difference. Kaspar was a ton of fun to watch, but he wasn’t always so defensively sound. I take Evens, because you can’t beat Jagr and Mario, and they still have a really deep forward group from Francis down.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kunitz - Apps - Hornqvist as L4. HAVE FUN ANY TEAM OUT THERE>

Recchi - Francis - Hossa would legit shut any line down in the world.

Tocchet - Mario - Jagr is dominant

That defense though... would be interesting.

I'm double shifting a Mario-Francis-Jagr line, and I wish team odd the best of luck defending it.

And no due respect to Wilson, he couldn't put together a lineup to save his life . . .

My 'regular shift' four lines for team even would be Kunitz-Mario-Tocchet (Kunitz being the closest approximation to Stevens from the Stevens-Mario-Tocchet cup line), Straka-Lang-Jagr, Recchi-Francis-Hossa, and Neal-Apps-Kehoe.

I also might flip Jagr and Hossa.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Not a Penguins fan but this fact just came over my social media timeline

I had the biggest goosebumps when he stepped out on the ice

Then assisted Jags thirty seconds in

I cried when he scored his first goal back in that game vs TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad