Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire Joseph Blandisi from Anaheim

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m not angry...what do I care if they trade our 13th forward...just think that blurb is ridiculous

He sounds like the kind of guy many of us have wanted on the fourth line. Fast, explosive skater, nice hands, a little grit.

The bar for their fourth line now is set so low by the org, and in turn many fans, that if this guy can skate as well as they say and not handle the puck like a buffoon, we should all be stoked.

My prediction without ever seeing him... he will be what many of us want, then ZAR will be back to kick him from the lineup and my eyes will bleed out again.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He had 17 in 41 in his rookie season, so that’s respectable.

That’s actually Crosbyesque compared to Wilson.

If he can skate and not fumble the puck every time he touches it, I’ll be happy.

Can he PK? Anyone know?
He has 1G 1A shorthanded for the Gulls this season, so he at least gets some time there.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What if.... Anaheim just wanted Grant back and JR did them a solid? Doesn't that seem simple and likely?

Yeah JR probably got a call that they wanted Grant. In JR’s mind he may have wanted to send him to the AHL soon and we’d lose his to waivers.

JR gets something for him now and a little bit of goodwill with the Ducks.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
JR said Wilson brings leadership to the team?

How can a guy who hasn't scored an NHL goal yet bring leadership?
He can't come right out and say he sucks. For whatever reason, they like him, but I'm guessing the journalist asked him why Wilson is still around, and he had to come up with something.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
JR said Wilson brings leadership to the team?

How can a guy who hasn't scored an NHL goal yet bring leadership?
I mean, if we want to be technical, you can be a good leader/locker room room guy but not be physically or skillfully gifted. You know, like Craig Adams...(unfortunately a necessary /s)

But for real, if "leadership" is the excuse to bring a guy up with Crosby, Malkin, Cullen, etc already here, either they're just pulling it out of their ass or there's a problem in the locker room. I vote the former.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I mean, if we want to be technical, you can be a good leader/locker room room guy but not be physically or skillfully gifted. You know, like Craig Adams...

But for real, if "leadership" is the excuse to bring a guy up with Crosby, Malkin, Cullen, etc already here, either they're just pulling it out of their ass or there's a problem in the locker room. I vote the former.

Was Craig Adams a good leader?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah JR probably got a call that they wanted Grant. In JR’s mind he may have wanted to send him to the AHL soon and we’d lose his to waivers.

JR gets something for him now and a little bit of goodwill with the Ducks.

Pretty much confirmed with the link above:
The biggest reason, Rutherford would explain, has to do with roster flexibility. The Penguins feared losing Derek Grant — whom they traded to Anaheim to get Blandisi — for nothing via waivers if they tried to re-assign Grant to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, hence why Grant was a healthy scratch nine times in a 10-game stretch from Dec. 19-Jan. 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad