Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire Joseph Blandisi from Anaheim

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
a2X3J3s.gif

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I think Blandisi will surprise many. I like his style a lot. He's ten times the player Wilson is (that's not saying much, but still).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I liked Grant, but the Penguins have such good center depth that I'm not mad about this move. Blandisi is a solid young LWer IIRC, nothing super special but he can play in the NHL every day. The bigger thing is that it gets closer to clearing a spot for Blueger.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
This doesn’t make make sense. Grant was the perfect 13th forward.

All I can think of is that Grant wasn’t happy with his playing time.

Reactions: ncm7772

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Does it clear cap? Maybe a bigger move coming?
I dont Think so. Actually, Blandisi makes 30k more than grant. But from what i understand Blandisi dont have to pass throuh waivers. Not that we couldnt bury Grants salary in AHL. But maybe they rather have Blandisi so they wont lose depth on waivers if they need to clear salary/roster spot.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does it clear cap? Maybe a bigger move coming?

Grant makes league minimum, there was no way that this trade was clearing cap.

I dont Think so. Actually, Blandisi makes 30k more than grant. But from what i understand Blandisi dont have to pass throuh waivers. Not that we couldnt bury Grants salary in AHL. But maybe they rather have Blandisi so they wont lose depth on waivers if they need to clear salary/roster spot.

Blandisi wouldn't have to go through waivers for 30 days beyond when the Penguins called him up, but he is waiver eligible after that. If the Penguins would call him up right now, he'd have 30 days on the NHL roster before requiring waivers again.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Is Hornqvist cleared to play? This leaves them with 11 forwards unless Blandisi is called up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
People are speculating that the Penguins are going to make another move before Friday's game, specifically a Brassard trade, so just have to wait and see on that.

That only makes sense though if its going to be Brassard out, two forwards in though. And that thought doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That only makes sense though if its going to be Brassard out, two forwards in though. And that thought doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

It could also be something like Brassard and Oleksiak for 2 forwards. Maybe Brassard and Oleksiak ($5.2 million) to Columbus for Wenneberg and Duclair ($5.5 million) or something like that?

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It could also be something like Brassard and Oleksiak for 2 forwards. Maybe Brassard and Oleksiak ($5.2 million) to Columbus for Wenneberg and Duclair ($5.5 million) or something like that?

You don't need to clear roster space for that though. You only need to clear it if one more player is coming out than going in.

Although now you mention Oleksiak, I think this trade is bad news for him. I think it's unlikely that Rutherford would sacrifice all of his C depth and that leaves Oleksiak in a field of one for likely cap casualties if brassards hit isn't enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->