Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire Joseph Blandisi from Anaheim

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sprong2.0 now with exciting 2-way bottom six agitating action!

There is a lot in here. Explicitly or implied.

I wonder how badly JR would be attacked if he posted these thoughts on HFPens lol

What if.... Anaheim just wanted Grant back and JR did them a solid? Doesn't that seem simple and likely?

More like Grant said "f*** this I'm not going back to that PA winter..JR leave me here in California."

Last edited:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Ya, I said it looked like he was trying to beat a dead rat, because it’s exactly what it looked like.

It’s sad people think getting away from the philosophy that won them b2b cups is no biggie. Fans hear enough silliness from the talking heads that they actually start to believe these types of no talent, poor skating players are actually needed.

JR can’t even come up with anything more than the lame leadership thing, oh and he hits and uh “whatnot”.

He can’t even say anything about his actual hockey abilities because he has none. Dude has 2 points in over 40 games for a reason.

All because they are worried about Tom Wilson. Stupid as hell.

All of that about Wilson may be true but ive seen nothing to prove they are "trying to get away from their identity"

They carried plenty of fringy bad bandaids and safe players. Even in the cup years.

Old Kunitz
Porter
Kuhnhackl
Lovejoy
Plotnikov
Sundqvist
Sestito
Mouillerat
Rowney
Gaunce
Hainsey
Oleksy

All of this meh suited up in the seasons we won the cup and some even got legit time in the playoffs. I dont see how letting Wilson collect a check as a pressbox plug is any different.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What if.... Anaheim just wanted Grant back and JR did them a solid? Doesn't that seem simple and likely?
Probably.

Murray: "Hey Jim, it's Bob. We're a real mess over here. Well, you saw it. I'm gonna be shaking things up a bit more."

Rutherford: "Yeah, I know that feeling."

Murray: "Randy said he'd like to get Derek back."

Rutherford: "Grant? Sure, we can make that work."

Murray: "How about Blandisi? Still a kid, feisty, probably fits your mold. Not really in our plans to be honest."

"Rutherford: [consults with Guerin] "Works for us.. Send it over."

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All of that about Wilson may be true but ive seen nothing to prove they are "trying to get away from their identity"

They carried plenty of fringy bad bandaids and safe players. Even in the cup years.

Old Kunitz
Porter
Kuhnhackl
Lovejoy
Plotnikov
Sundqvist
Sestito
Mouillerat
Rowney
Gaunce
Hainsey
Oleksy

All of this meh suited up in the seasons we won the cup and some even got legit time in the playoffs. I dont see how letting Wilson collect a check as a pressbox plug is any different.

I’ve had this discussion way too many times with people who defended Adams and Glass and didn’t get why they were a detriment to the team. It’s a waste of time to bother.

People either get it or they don’t.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Old Kunitz
Porter
Kuhnhackl
Lovejoy
Plotnikov
Sundqvist
Sestito
Mouillerat
Rowney
Gaunce
Hainsey
Oleksy

Yeah, I don't get this talk, either. Even when it came to the playoffs, Sully used his 4th line as a "don't get scored on" type of line. Kuhn, Rowney, Fehr, Scottt Wilson. Garrett Wilson fits right in with those guys. He's not Craig Adams 2.0.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I’ve had this discussion way too many times with people who defended Adams and Glass and didn’t get why they were a detriment to the team. It’s a waste of time to bother.

People either get it or they don’t.

Ok soapbox, how about actually addressing the point.

How is Wilson being the 13F any different than Tom Sestito or ______ insert plugs we had as 13th forwards during cup years.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What a buzzkill. I saw the confirmed with link green bubble, then Penguins acquire... whoever this cat is... only to find out it has nothing to do with Brassard getting the f*** out of here.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ok soapbox, how about actually addressing the point.

How is Wilson being the 13F any different than Tom Sestito or ______ insert plugs we had as 13th forwards during cup years.

Someone explained it to you earlier, still went right over your head.

So you aren’t worth the keystrokes, honestly.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Someone explained it to you earlier, still went right over your head.

So you aren’t worth the keystrokes, honestly.

But they havent explained it because the assertion that they are "moving away from what worked" is false.

There rosters over the cup years have been littered with Garrett Wilsons, they just had different names then.

Quite the revisionist history.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
But they havent explained it because the assertion that they are "moving away from what worked" is false.

There rosters over the cup years have been littered with Garrett Wilsons, they just had different names then.

Quite the revisionist history.

The Pens had Satan and Dupuis, then Fehr and Cullen on their fourth lines when they won in 09 and 16. None of those players were plugs.

The only year they had more than one plug, they scratched and clawed their way to a cup on the back of insane goaltending and a rookie breaking playoff records.. mostly they got shelled every night.

Think that’s a successful formula?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
They litterally traded an Eric Fehr clone for a younger, faster, more skilled 4th line option (Blandisi) while at tge same time clearing an obsticle for Blueger. But people are butthurt because they said they like the toughness and leadership of a guy that will be a regular healthy scratch, if he even stays on the roster. Good god.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The Pens had Satan and Dupuis, then Fehr and Cullen on their fourth lines when they won in 09 and 16. None of those players were plugs.

The only year they had more than one plug, they scratched and clawed their way to a cup on the back of insane goaltending and a rookie breaking playoff records.. mostly they got shelled every night.

When Garrett Wilson plays a playoff game...then you will have an argument. Until then its just handwringing for the sake of handwringing. Kevin Porter played 43 regular season games the first cup year. Tom Sestito play 4 the first year and 13 the second. Did these guys being fringe roster forwards somehow hurt our identity?

No you say? Oh.

Reactions: Icarium

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
They litterally traded an Eric Fehr clone for a younger, faster, more skilled 4th line option (Blandisi) while at tge same time clearing an obsticle for Blueger. But people are ******** because they said they like the toughness and leadership of a guy that will be a regular healthy scratch, if he even stays on the roster. Good god.
Hopefully Blueger gets called up sometime after the all-star break, but I'm afraid if he is called up and makes one mistake during a game he'll be in Sully's doghouse.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
When Garrett Wilson plays a playoff game...then you will have an argument. Until then its just handwringing for the sake of handwringing. Kevin Porter played 43 regular season games the first cup year. Tom Sestito play 4 the first year and 13 the second. Did these guys being fringe roster forwards somehow hurt our identity?

No you say? Oh.

Porter got hurt that season or he wasn’t coming out. Let’s try to remember exactly what happened ok? Don’t pretend he was pulled out of the lineup for a better player.

Sestito was always brought up to be a caged gorilla so no clue why you felt desperate enough to go there.

If Wilson plays or not it won’t stop them from bumping up ZAR when injuries hit in the playoffs.

Their desire to instill grit to counter Wilson is idiotic. That’s the issue and it’s already prevented them from looking at younger guys with speed and skill because of Wilson and Grant, who wasn’t even the gritty player they hoped.

Reactions: EightyOne

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Oh my god kevin porter was never going to be in a playoof game with a healthy roster.

And btw yes sestito was brought up to be a caged gorilla (during the regular season) just like Wilson is being used to be a smaller faster caged chimp when a couple guys get injured.

Its not exactly rocket science. They are willing to play certain guys in the REGULAR season that they are not willing to play in the playoffs or when they are fully healthy.

This BS is brought up every single year and people somehow forget by the next year.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

In 2016, here are the lines they used the night they won the Cup:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Rust
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Fehr

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Lovejoy
Cole-Schultz

Murray
Fleury

(Injured list: Dupuis, Daley, S. Wilson, Porter).

Kuhnhackl was definitely a plug, and honestly, so was Fehr, at least the way he was playing at the time.

With a fully healthy lineup, Wilson's either in the pressbox or in the AHL. Same with Blandisi.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh my god kevin porter was never going to be in a playoof game with a healthy roster.

And btw yes sestito was brought up to be a caged gorilla (during the regular season) just like Wilson is being used to be a smaller faster caged chimp when a couple guys get injured.

Its not exactly rocket science. They are willing to play certain guys in the REGULAR season that they are not willing to play in the playoffs or when they are fully healthy.

This BS is brought up every single year and people somehow forget by the next year.

Ya, you know Porter was never going to play because you say so? Ok.

Porter was already part of their healthy roster and in their regular rotation until he got hurt. Sheary, Kuhn, Wilson and Rust only pushed him out because of the glut of injuries and they were able to show what they could do.

This org has played tons of useless plugs in the playoffs, because grit and PK, etc.

Trying to pretend otherwise is disingenuous as hell.

Just like trying to pretend ZAR won’t be pushed up the lineup in the playoffs if a top six guy goes down because of his amazing grit, is delusional as hell.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It's actually disheartening to hear them say that kind of stuff. Because these are the people in charge of making this organization go, and if that's their evaluation of a crappy player like Wilson, then that makes me worried about other moves they make going forward.

What the hell happened to JR after the 2017 Cup win?
Botterill left and Guerin increased his influence?

Has to be more than a coincidence.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Old Kunitz
Porter
Kuhnhackl
Lovejoy
Plotnikov
Sundqvist
Sestito
Mouillerat
Rowney
Gaunce
Hainsey
Oleksy

Lovejoy, Hainsey, and Kunitz? Fringy bad bandaids? :laugh:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Ya, you know Porter was never going to play because you say so? Ok.

Porter was already part of their healthy roster and in their regular rotation until he got hurt. Sheary, Kuhn, Wilson and Rust only pushed him out because of the glut of injuries and they were able to show what they could do.

This org has played tons of useless plugs in the playoffs, because grit and PK, etc.

Trying to pretend otherwise is disingenuous as hell.

Just like trying to pretend ZAR won’t be pushed up the lineup in the playoffs if a top six guy goes down because of his amazing grit, is delusional as hell.

Trying to equate ZAR with Kevin Porter and Garrett Wilson...Classic.

Kevin Porter was a fill in. A place holder much loke Ebbett was used. He was eventually passed by people playing better. Just like Wilson will be. Because with a full healthy roster its arguable that Wilson is even on it, let alone playing. But lets change the subject to ZAR who is better thatn either by a long shot. And also better than players on those cup rosters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad