Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Jets 3 - ZAR Drives Off A Cliff . . . In ColePens New Maserati

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Hornqvist is playing with Malkin we don’t have anyone to make it work. You’d need a skilled guy to make plays and could shoot........another Guentzel.

The only time ANYONE made Geno-Horny work was Hags for about a 10 week window. Perhaps in the end it was like HBK . . . a magical moment in time when something worked and nothing more permanent than that.

I don't know. Pearson-Geno or Geno-Horny. Whichever way you do it, we need to find a winger to complement that. It COULD be Rust with Pearson-Geno. Short of that, I think JR may need to go shopping. Otherwise, L2 will be hit or miss at best . . . and we need more than that.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Tanner+Glass+Craig+Adams+Boston+Bruins+v+Pittsburgh+fiMH-4gsdLzl.jpg

EDIT: Oh Jesus, I just realized why @ColePens just LOVES ZAR so much . . . he's wearing Joe Vitale's number. :laugh:

why?? because it fits

Mike-Sullivan-Phoenix-Coyotes-player-Pittsburgh-Penguins-coach.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The only time ANYONE made Geno-Horny work was Hags for about a 10 week window. Perhaps in the end it was like HBK . . . a magical moment in time when something worked and nothing more permanent than that.

I don't know. Pearson-Geno or Geno-Horny. Whichever way you do it, we need to find a winger to complement that. It COULD be Rust with Pearson-Geno. Short of that, I think JR may need to go shopping. Otherwise, L2 will be hit or miss at best . . . and we need more than that.

Yeah there are lots of options but we are still missing that one player to make it all come together.

I think Horny and Geno with a Guentzel type player would work but that won’t be cheap.

We have great players in the top 9 but it’s all a tad awkward right now.

Sid prefers not to play with Hornqvist but with Simon doing well there you don’t really want to change that line anyway.

If Rust worked out on L2 you could put Horny on the 4th line and let him get extra shifts with Sid (or whoever). Then you’d be able to bring in a cheaper to acquire LW for Brass/Phil who has the right complementary skill set.

TL: DR - Who the **** knows? :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fully healthy, think the options are more clear now:

Jake-Sid-Simon/Horny
Pearson-G-Rust/Phil
Simon/Horny-Brass-Phil/Rust
A 4th line that works.

And the other options are a) Rust on a LW/not with Sid b) moving Jake/Pearson around.
I wouldn't mind getting a look at Pearson with Sid at some point and chuck a NOT Horny NOR Rust on RW.

Pearson-Sid-Simon/Jake

Simon is the perfect cheap winger to throw on L1 w/ Sid when he's playing well and throw on L4 to do some skill stuff when he isn't playing well. He's movable throughout the lineup but the main thing is not to force him in the top if it's not working. He's a perfect 3rd wheel. Limit his 3rd period defensive minutes by utilizing Brass up on that top line and giving us 2 faceoff guys. There is good situational coaching that can be used. Sully just had really struggled with proper usage. He was trying to use Simon as a #2 on lines this year and it was failing. Use him wisely. He will pay off.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah there are lots of options but we are still missing that one player to make it all come together.

I think Horny and Geno with a Guentzel type player would work but that won’t be cheap.

We have great players in the top 9 but it’s all a tad awkward right now.

Sid prefers not to play with Hornqvist but with Simon doing well there you don’t really want to change that line anyway.

If Rust worked out on L2 you could put Horny on the 4th line and let him get extra shifts with Sid (or whoever). Then you’d be able to bring in a cheaper to acquire LW for Brass/Phil who has the right complementary skill set.

TL: DR - Who the **** knows? :laugh:
Need a hard working gritty lw for brass and Phil?
#YourPrayersZARanswered

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah I think you have to give Simon more time in L1.

Its like Sid will click for a game or 2 with Simon and then for a game or 2 with Jake.

It would be nice if they could have extended runs of games where all 3 of them are on the same page. And that might just be a function of time.

I ve always thought they struggled against bigger teams, but they held their own and then some tonight.

But yeah, if Sullivan and JR can figure out the top 9 to the best of their abilities, I dont give a f*** about who plays on the 4th line. We just need to have all 3 of them be able to pk with a decent level of efficacy.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad