Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Jets 3 - ZAR Drives Off A Cliff . . . In ColePens New Maserati

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Rust is a trade candidate for me even if he works it out. Simon is showing he can play with Sid. And aside from PH, he's like the only RWer we have who has shown results there. Kessel and PH aren't playing lower than line 3.

Top 9 really comes together if the player you get back for Rust can work with Malkin/Pearson or Brass/Kessel.

Reactions: Peat

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Fine. What do you do with Phil? He sure as **** shouldn't be with Geno-Pearson. And, I'm pretty sure Sid wants no part of him.

Man, such a ****** up problem to have. The one RW we have who meshes with Geno-Pearson is in a rut (but got tried this period), but methinks Sid won't want to play with Phil or Horny. What to do?

@Empoleon8771 may have been onto something with his beat Horny over the head until he thinks he's a LW, because we do need a LW for Brass-Phil to work longer term.

I'd just let Phil and Malkin play through the struggles.

Brassard-Hornqvist has always looked very good.

But I guess if you CAN get Hornqvist to play LW, you can go with that line you proposed....but is it realistic? Not sure it matters what wing Hornqvist plays...his game is just go to the net and be a crazy person.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You could.

BUT, his goal tonight has solidified his spot.

I envision long talks with Sully over a cup of coffee. ............Sully telling him how Wilson reminds him of him....... and the importance of a player like him to the overall success of a team.

I pray for Rick Tocchet to get fired, then hired here and then immediately fight Sully in practice. I know, that's not going to happen, but the thought makes me smile.

Ole Rick dealing with his right but then drops the hammer with his left........yummy

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

But I guess if you CAN get Hornqvist to play LW, you can go with that line you proposed....but is it realistic? Not sure it matters what wing Hornqvist plays...his game is just go to the net and be a crazy person.

Why?

Because you hope something good might happen in spite of the evidence of what IS happening?

That's just sad . . .

Reactions: vodeni

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just keep ****ing winning. And keep winning. And keep winning.

And keep SCORING ZAR. And keep SCORING. And keep SCORING.

317c3114ed36f09af18c6277e5c6cfbd.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rust is a trade candidate for me even if he works it out. Simon is showing he can play with Sid. And aside from PH, he's like the only RWer we have who has shown results there. Kessel and PH aren't playing lower than line 3.

Top 9 really comes together if the player you get back for Rust can work with Malkin/Pearson or Brass/Kessel.

The player will need to mesh with Malkin-Pearson, because Kessel and Horny don't.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Thought we played a pretty good game against a tough opponent.

Great time for role players to show up, and although I’m not a fan of Grant, it was a welcome contribution. ZAR I never minded, even if of course his minutes are somewhat obscene lately.

Beyond the obvious, I just have to say that as much as I have been a Maatta backer always... his early promise, his playoff contributions, the thought that he can improve post-cancer etc. etc due to his young age.... he is almost unwatchable. So weak, his skating so labored.... I think I’ve finally lost hope.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Hornqvist isn’t going to be a LW’er. I think he’s played randomly there before with Phil on the RW. It didn’t stick.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just keep ****ing winning. And keep winning. And keep winning.

Yep...we’re still trailing PO position...we need some luck and to get CAR, NYR and NYI on losing streaks...unfortunately CAR won tonight...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why?

Because you hope something good might happen in spite of the evidence of what IS happening?

That's just sad . . .

Not much of an other option.

Brass-Kessel would be too soft.

Unless Hornqvist can be the LW. then I'm for it.

Pearson-Malkin-Rust is something i could see working. Rust and Malkin usually click.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Who is Malkin's RW?

Horny, I suppose, although that would be a monumental mistake. That line is too slow. You need a RW to play a 200 foot game and help stretch the ice. It COULD be Rust if he could play like the old Rust. Otherwise, we're going to have a real problem with L2.

Reactions: Shady Machine

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Lol.

Wilson is trash. Let's not say he should be in the lineup over Sprong. Who has one point in 40 NHL games.

If sprong isn’t a fourth line player shouldn’t we dress a fourth line type player to play the forth line? Cause you can’t have both.

Biggest win of the year and people are still obsessed with a zero goal, goal scoring winger.

Reactions: zero8771 and td_ice

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not much of an other option.

Brass-Kessel would be too soft.

Unless Hornqvist can be the LW. then I'm for it.

Pearson-Malkin-Rust is something i could see working. Rust and Malkin usually click.

I think we've got a problem with L2 if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad