Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Jets 3 - ZAR Drives Off A Cliff . . . In ColePens New Maserati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I hope this is the start of a goal streak for Sheahan/Grant. They at least have shown some tiny aptitude for scoring goals at the NHL level. We really need that bottom s ix to start giving something if we're gonna go on a run.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Just one regulation Loss with all three centres.

8-1-3 record
I heard the post game presser and Sully suggested that he'll leave Kessel with Brassard for a more balanced attack. I've been clamoring for this for quite some time. I obviously think this could be a step in the right direction.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hope this is the start of a goal streak for Sheahan/Grant. They at least have shown some tiny aptitude for scoring goals at the NHL level. We really need that bottom s ix to start giving something if we're gonna go on a run.

That’d be nice

;)
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pancakes

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I do not in general bring quotes from other boards here, for good reason. But this is not a 'oh no, they said THAT!' quote, so I am making the rare exception.

From the Peg board:

The second i saw some random no-name goalie starting for the Pens i kinda guessed it.

I love how there are certain untrue truisms that transcend team and that every fan base seems to believe in their bones only happens to their team. It restores my faith in the craziness of mankind.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
First line all but cemented...don't touch it....
now how to make strong both second and third....easy start: Pearson geno and Brass Kessel, so we are in need of RW who can skate fast to the puck but not overskate, who has good forechecking sense and good wall work, for now thats Rust, we also need a forechecking fast LW for Brass, we don't have that guy, thats the problem....could that be Horny, I doubt....Horny is stuck on 4th line that could be double shifted with Geno and Sid in between, maybe try again Horny with Geno and rust on 4W.....oohhh a good trade would be sweet

Reactions: KIRK

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I heard the post game presser and Sully suggested that he'll leave Kessel with Brassard for a more balanced attack. I've been clamoring for this for quite some time. I obviously think this could be a step in the right direction.

It’s imagine Phil on L3 is always his preferred option but things don’t always work out that way.

Whether the form of the players/team or who the stars want to play with but I’d say come playoffs that’s where he will want Phil.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
anyways tomorrow the line up taht closed the game tonight:
Jake Sid Simon
Pearson geno Rust
ZAR Brass Phil
Sheahan Grant Wilson

the only change I would made is play Ruh instread of Maatta

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It’s imagine Phil on L3 is always his preferred option but things don’t always work out that way.

Whether the form of the players/team or who the stars want to play with but I’d say come playoffs that’s where he will want Phil.
Yes, but first we'll have to qualify for the playoffs. Probably will, but maybe not a forgone conclusion.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I do not in general bring quotes from other boards here, for good reason. But this is not a 'oh no, they said THAT!' quote, so I am making the rare exception.

From the Peg board:

I love how there are certain untrue truisms that transcend team and that every fan base seems to believe in their bones only happens to their team. It restores my faith in the craziness of mankind.

Also complaints about their 4th lines ice time...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
anyways tomorrow the line up taht closed the game tonight:
Jake Sid Simon
Pearson geno Rust
ZAR Brass Phil
Sheahan Grant Wilson

the only change I would made is play Ruh instread of Maatta
As long as they leave Riikola in. I think he's played pretty well since he's come back into the line up.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

The main guys in all of this(5on5) is Sheahan, Phil and Rust with a little bit of Grant.
Gotta get them all going.

Reactions: Pancakes

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
@ncm7772 you're not wrong, JJ quitely have tied a few very decent games, Maatta is the only scry guy on that defense, all others are Hainsey kind of good enough especially with this (I can't beleive I will say this) Norris worth Letang. best hockey of his life by a mile.

Sid great as always, but special shout to our boy young Cesko Simon, he was awesome tonight

Thanks Sully for finally breaking that aboration of line, Rust is as good as we can have there now, I just hate to see Geno going first, it should be Rust.
Brass was strong, but he did not have anyone to play with, Phil got a little hop after demoted good leave him there...

4th libne was geniunly good, but bear in mind that Jest defense is awful and can't get puck out of their zone,
and yes CDS collects wins but the guys gives me zero confidence

Very good points, especially about DeSmith.

I'm not quite as optimistic about the D, though.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
JJ made a bad decision that led to the third goal - plus DeSmith playing it badly. He hasn't been that bad lately overall, certainly better than earlier in the season.

Ok no worries, didn't really see that. Centre Ice had the game in standard def, which IMO looks awful when downgraded from HD, was tough to see certain things for me.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Very good points, especially about DeSmith.

I'm not quite as optimistic about the D, though.

Thing we can hope for is JJ to play within himself and do some things Cole did for Rig.
Bottom line is, it's the 1st time this season JJ has looked decent away from the big boys(or big boy: Letang).

I'd like to see them work Riiko more into the pk as well and if he performs well, punt Olli when Schultz gets back.

Mind you, JR needs a D shake up still and he's looking for it but the above is the best we can hope for.

Reactions: ncm7772
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad