Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Jets 3 - ZAR Drives Off A Cliff . . . In ColePens New Maserati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I thought we were fortunate to win tonight but you need breaks like that along the way. That said I thought our structure and puck support was better than most of our showings this season.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd take it. I remember Sheary falling over the blue line for his like first 5-10 games. He couldn't even dump the puck. He ended up finding his game and his connection with Sid.

If it happens, it happens.

And it will happen with Sheahan-Grant-Wilson as your 4th line . . .

OI1o.gif

:laugh:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If sprong isn’t a fourth line player shouldn’t we dress a fourth line type player to play the forth line? Cause you can’t have both.

Biggest win of the year and people are still obsessed with a zero goal, goal scoring winger.

Wilson isn't a 4th line player.

Maybe in a beer league.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Hornqvist isn’t going to be a LW’er. I think he’s played randomly there before with Phil on the RW. It didn’t stick.
If Jerome can be a left winger than horny can too, just need the right coach to do it,

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I thought we were fortunate to win tonight but you need breaks like that along the way. That said I thought our structure and puck support was better than most of our showings this season.

I remember back a couple games Martin mentioned to Errey a switch they made to add another layer for the opponents to get around(forget what it was. think something in the NZ i believe. if anyone can remember plz type it out) and that change seems to have helped them with the odd man rushes, etc.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Horny, I suppose, although that would be a monumental mistake. That line is too slow. You need a RW to play a 200 foot game and help stretch the ice. It COULD be Rust if he could play like the old Rust. Otherwise, we're going to have a real problem with L2.

I disagree. Malkin’s going to stick handle it up the ice slowing down the line anyway. Hagelin’s speed worked to a point but I don’t think speed is the be all end all. He needs possession linemates. Phil and Malkin give away possession way too easy. Let Hornqvist work the boards Pearson in front.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I disagree. Malkin’s going to stick handle it up the ice slowing down the line anyway. Hagelin’s speed worked to a point but I don’t think speed is the be all end all. He needs possession linemates. Phil and Malkin give away possession way too easy. Let Hornqvist work the boards Pearson in front.

Well, now I know I'm spot on. Holy crap. :help:

Reactions: PensandCaps

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Riikola seems to be the only guy that can sort of mitigate Olli's shortcomings.

That said, he'll only be able to do it for so long. Olli also has this tendency of making his partner succeptible to devastating hits.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I'll agree with the point that Wilson is not an NHL caliber player, I'll also agree that Sprong isn't capable of playing a fourth line role yet hasn't shown any reason to promote him to a larger role.

Despite tonight's performance, we do need a complete overhaul of our fourth line. Still, they played well tonight and even though the talent is severely lacking there does seem to be more cohesion without Sprong's penchant for floating.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Joe Vitale was good as a 4C.

Never got the hate he received.

Fast and hard working. Won alot of Faceoffs.

And that's why @ColePens loved him and, dare I say, hates how ZAR sullies (no pun intended) the sacred memory of the #46 Penguins jersey.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Fully healthy, think the options are more clear now:

Jake-Sid-Simon/Horny
Pearson-G-Rust/Phil
Simon/Horny-Brass-Phil/Rust
A 4th line that works.

And the other options are a) Rust on a LW/not with Sid b) moving Jake/Pearson around.
I wouldn't mind getting a look at Pearson with Sid at some point and chuck a NOT Horny NOR Rust on RW.

Pearson-Sid-Simon/Jake

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pens finish off the week well, they're right back in the wild card mix and breathing down the Blue Jackets' neck for 2nd in the division.

If they can have a good December, JR owes this team another one of his annual January trades.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

If Hornqvist is playing with Malkin we don’t have anyone to make it work. You’d need a skilled guy to make plays and could shoot........another Guentzel.

Reactions: KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I hope he proves detractors wrong. Best the forth line has looked. Weird opinion and or timing.

This isn’t a video game.

Wilson shouldn't be near a NHL team. He has one point in 40 games.

There are much better players in WBS if you want a 4th line player. Di Pauli, Blueger as well.

Literally anyone but Garrett Wilson.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad