OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My grandfather had a Christmas cactus for years. He kept it in the dark basement for certain periods of time so it would bloom at Christmas.

Sadly, I did not inherit his green thumb.
I am much better with animals than plants. The Christmas cactus is the only plant I have in the house.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Find it weird that since Covid and all the unrest all a sudden there is an ammo shortage.

don’t like paying $280 for 260 rnds. I miss Walmart where I could get like 100-200 for $75.

must be a man made shortage since this country is like the #1 exporter of arms.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When I first saw 'The Untouchables' at the end of this scene I told my companion - Sean Connery is going to win best supporting actor - and he did

and he got better

He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue

Also, I loved the score to that movie.

Reactions: Fenway

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
s-l400.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For you Broadway and or Hallmark fans Laura Osnes and Aaron Tveit's movie airs tonight at 8

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
before I left the shop today I heard one of the guys tell these customers that there isn’t really a gun/rifle shortage but a shortage on like affordable fire arms.

nothing to do with ammo. But goes along with ur first part that there is now an influx of new owners.

Unfortunately even the good ones are choosing to profit off it.

Palmetto State rifles are running 300ish above usual, and parts are marked up a good 30% over normal at least.

I got a 10.5" complete upper for 250 last year and same one is 400 now

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My dog is so smart, she woke me up at just the right time to remind me to turn the clocks back.

Or maybe she just needed to go outside.

Extra hour of sleep.... Yeah, right... :skeptic:

:help:

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Find it weird that since Covid and all the unrest all a sudden there is an ammo shortage.

don’t like paying $280 for 260 rnds. I miss Walmart where I could get like 100-200 for $75.

must be a man made shortage since this country is like the #1 exporter of arms.

I’ve never even thought of getting a gun but maybe it’s growing up as a In Pleasantville As a privileged white guy.

I could see myself as Charles Bronson on Death Wish or Liam Neesom in Taken if wronged.

I can’t even imagine what it’s like to need a gun for protection.

that said some of my closest friends belong to the Middleton gun club and meet and shoot regularly.

I had all the standard toys as a kid and my favorite was a Tommy Gun and my favorite stuffed animal was a big dog named after Mugsy Seigel.

I am also fascinated with gangsters and can probably tell you more about them then anyone here. (For you Canadians you folks gave us one of the most interesting ones - Al ‘Creepy’ Karpis) who was a founding member of the Barker Gang, occupied Public Enemy Number One and while in Prison became a mentor and taught a young prisoner named Charles Manson how to play guitar. Karpis was from Montreal no doubt a Canadiens fan

I always revert back to movies and Ralphie Mother shooting his eye out. I look at it if I had a gun if I accidentally didn’t shoot someone I’d shot my foot or something cleaning it

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Did anyone get many or any trick or treaters last night? My street never does, but my town also canceled it, so there were very few people who went out despite the ban. Wondering if the weather and covid impacted any areas that were not canceled.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Did anyone get many or any trick or treaters last night? My street never does, but my town also canceled it, so there were very few people who went out despite the ban. Wondering if the weather and covid impacted any areas that were not canceled.
I haven't had any trick or treaters since I moved to Tennessee in 2007. Kind of surprising for an apartment complex, especially since they've never said it couldn't be done. It is a gated community (whenever the gates actually work :rolleyes:) so I guess it's not too surprising. You'd think at least the kids who live in the apartments would come around, but they never have.

None of our local towns banned it, to my knowledge, and I saw a lot of pictures on Facebook so I think quite a few people still went out.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad