OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
it sure has Fenway, we in the recovery community did receive some great news, they have now classified AA Meetings as falling under "formal" meetings which allows us up to 15 ppl so what that means is if there are newcomers or someone relatively new and technically he/she is the 16th to arrive, my home group has decided that someone with more sobriety (years) will pass their chair to the newer member

Attended a heated open meeting with elected officials this morning, still never stops amazing me how ignorant so many are about recovery and what having support around someone in recovery means to me and those like me. One citizen cited his own case how he woke up one day and never drank again and didn`t need recovery meetings, which is great for him but not the case for most to be able to do so. Zoom is terrific, it will never replace what I get during an in person meeting but....I still think we`ll be in a total lockdown soon so I`ll simply enjoy this while it lasts

Reactions: Fenway

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
After speaking with an HVAC friend of mine, whom has an HVAC brother, and then relaying all of this info onto my father who relayed this information onto an HVAC friend of his AND a plumber friend of his...I have decided to replace the circulator pump off my furnace.

It's a little bit of a shot in the dark, but it's a fairly cheap shot in the dark compared to any other repairs or paying someone to troubleshoot/repair.
its an easy repair.
usually when they go you hear them buzzing before they die. they also arent hot when the furnace is calling for heat if they are dead. you have one or 2 of them on the system??

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hated that smirking dog who popped up when you missed. That was when I wished I had a real shotgun in my hands.... :laugh:
frcjVTSzMAOrK.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
its an easy repair.
usually when they go you hear them buzzing before they die. they also arent hot when the furnace is calling for heat if they are dead. you have one or 2 of them on the system??

just one. It was buzzing pretty bad. Just put a new one in, hundred bucks. Immediately sounded different so i was feeling good...

still not getting circulation. I drained the system and let it fill back up again. Boiler pressure gauge reads 51 pounds, it fires and starts roasting the water and the temp gauge shoots up to 200 still. Pings the upper limiter and shuts down. I’m at a total loss now.

i am starting to wonder if there’s a frozen pipe somewhere, but i feel like that would’ve already happened within the last 4+ years I’ve been here. Perhaps there is a valve or shut off within the boiler that i don’t know about, or the expansion tank (only because i know nothing about it) has an issue

Plumber arrives tomorrow

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
nes all day
punch out
adventures of lolo
zelda
mario bros
golf
ice hockey

that original Golf is criminally underrated. I can still hear the sound of a missile off the tee box. Golf on the original game boy was pretty damn good too.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I love MeTV but some of these commercials....

So help me, if I have to see Joe Namath imploring people to get ALL the benefits they're ENTITLED to from the Medicare help hotline one more time, I'm going to jump through the screen and knock him back into the 60s where he can go back to selling pantyhose.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
With the family moving to FL in a few months looks like I will be probably moving into a house with a coworker or 2. Kinda excited. Even tho I have had my own little places before I am now more mature and am most excited to be having a kitchen. Going from a studio to a house gonna be fun.

Watching these cooking shows during covid has me wanting to be in the kitchen more

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
yes. nes golf is so fun.
wish i could play it somehow on the ps4.

Im still stunned they haven’t released a remaster of sorts for the Switch. How long has the Switch been out and nEither Golf nor Mario Golf have been made? It’s maddening

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just one. It was buzzing pretty bad. Just put a new one in, hundred bucks. Immediately sounded different so i was feeling good...

still not getting circulation. I drained the system and let it fill back up again. Boiler pressure gauge reads 51 pounds, it fires and starts roasting the water and the temp gauge shoots up to 200 still. Pings the upper limiter and shuts down. I’m at a total loss now.

i am starting to wonder if there’s a frozen pipe somewhere, but i feel like that would’ve already happened within the last 4+ years I’ve been here. Perhaps there is a valve or shut off within the boiler that i don’t know about, or the expansion tank (only because i know nothing about it) has an issue

Plumber arrives tomorrow
there are no check valves?? try lightly tapping the joints in the pipes. if there is s check valve it could be stuck in the closed position. now im curious what it could be. lol.
one time it was 85 degrees in my upstairs and i had no clue why. turned tstat off. still heat wouldnt stop. smacked the flow check valve with a wrench and it stopped the heat from going upstairs. turned out it was stuck open.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
there are no check valves?? try lightly tapping the joints in the pipes. if there is s check valve it could be stuck in the closed position. now im curious what it could be. lol.
one time it was 85 degrees in my upstairs and i had no clue why. turned tstat off. still heat wouldnt stop. smacked the flow check valve with a wrench and it stopped the heat from going upstairs. turned out it was stuck open.

yeah I’m baffled and dying to know as well. With a brand new circulator pump, and a boiler heating upwards of 200 degrees, i have a hard time believing i can’t get more than a few feet down the supply pipe before it goes cold.

Maybe a check valve like you said, but I’m not seeing any. All my shut offs are wide open and have been open for at least a year. The only part i haven’t really investigated is the expansion tank

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I will not confirm or deny whether or not I was crying while watching the new Kevin Hart special.

But I did have to remove my glasses and wipe my eyes on more than one occasion. It was damn good.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apparently after an extremely stressful week, my body decided the best way to work out the stress was to completely empty and reorganize my pantry. At 11:30 p.m.

It is now 11:50 p.m. and my body is now regretting this decision. :help:

At least now I know what's in my pantry.

I also wonder how I have survived this far into adulthood. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad