OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Did anyone get many or any trick or treaters last night? My street never does, but my town also canceled it, so there were very few people who went out despite the ban. Wondering if the weather and covid impacted any areas that were not canceled.
I didn't put on my light so no one ventured up my long steep driveway.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Did anyone get many or any trick or treaters last night? My street never does, but my town also canceled it, so there were very few people who went out despite the ban. Wondering if the weather and covid impacted any areas that were not canceled.

We usually get 500ish rain sleet or snow the past 15 years, had about 60ish last night in an area where trick or treating was allowed. Couple early birds at 530, by 7 it was basically dead. Not only was almost nobody in our neighborhood giving out candy the few that did put like 10 pieces in a bowl at the end of the driveway and had all their lights off. So people couldn't even tell where there were treats. People that did come were super appreciative we were still giving out candy though which was nice.

Reactions: LSCII

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

We took treat bags to our neighbours - the kids were so excited to get them, very polite and thankful. I didn't see anyone out trick or treating. I went out to the store this morning to grab some 1/2 price chocolate and there was nothing left - very weird and 2020-ish. I have never seen this happen, absolutely nothing left, Christmas chocolate already in place. I guess the stores under stocked this year after Easter was such a disaster - I took great advantage of Lindt gold bunnies being dirt cheap and also lots of other Easter chocolate. This Halloween was a nightmare for this chocoholic!

Reactions: LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Re: guns.

discuss what you have , where to buy, models liked, etc..

Segue into a pro - anti gun debate. 2nd amendment debate - or anything deemed by Moderators in that you are deleted and/or out.
Plenty of other sites for that.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's not even Monday morning yet and this is me already

Work-Meme-88.jpg

:help:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'd be living in Summerlin right now if not for this pandemic.

Oof, that sucks. I'm living in Summerlin partly because of it. My company went remote in March so that made it easier for them to let me go full remote in June.

I thought it had screwed me because all the jobs I was interviewing for disappeared

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Not gonna lie, today was the best morning I've had in a long time in terms of feeling refreshed as I woke up.
It helps that it's lighter when I wake up, but my goodness, I want to crawl in bed by 6:00 pm. I started taking a magnesium supplement today so maybe the end result will be more sleep.

I looked at my stats on fitbit, and the last time I averaged more than 6 hours of sleep at night was in June 2018. :help:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It helps that it's lighter when I wake up, but my goodness, I want to crawl in bed by 6:00 pm. I started taking a magnesium supplement today so maybe the end result will be more sleep.

I looked at my stats on fitbit, and the last time I averaged more than 6 hours of sleep at night was in June 2018. :help:

What is 6 hours of sleep like? I can't remember :dunno: :help:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
To this day I still do not understand the global fascination with Tiger King lol

Haven't watched a second of it and never will. I don't understand the fascination of reality tv in general. Seems like they always take the people who should be heard from the least and give them a platform to share their incredible amounts of stupid to the world.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Haven't watched a second of it and never will. I don't understand the fascination of reality tv in general. Seems like they always take the people who should be heard from the least and give them a platform to share their incredible amounts of stupid to the world.

yup, so does social media. Let's all the village idiots get together and gives them an audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad