Player Discussion: Patrik Laine (mod warning in post #150)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
upload_2018-7-29_22-3-13.png

I cannot help but laugh at all those slappers at the bottom left.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
View attachment 132325

With his handedness would you expect him to have more on the other side then? I’m honestly surprised to see that he had even that much of them from the right too.

Oh, and can’t be without noticing how small amount of his goals are after all scored with slappers and how many are scored with wristers and snapshots from all around the offensive zone.

Well, that’s what I was telling some people here already many times before, when those people were strongly claiming that he is just scoring with his slapper...

Last edited:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
View attachment 132325

So seven slappers or one-timers went in from the left side, one from the right side. And many more caused a major havoc in front of the net. Some got also deflected in or resulted as a rebound.

Just keep on slapping, Laine.

Funny thing is that he can really use a proper old-time slapper that is not an one-timer, and still he can score. That's pretty amazing in todays pro hockey.

Reactions: Ippenator

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Previous timeliest Laine goal (FEL Playoffs):

New timeliest Laine goal (NHL Playoffs):

Very timely indeed!

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Previous timeliest Laine goal (FEL Playoffs):

New timeliest Laine goal (NHL Playoffs):

Very timely indeed!

Damn that first vid! Everytime I watch the goal I get these nostalgic vibes. He's going to do that in NHL too and be one mean beast when all is said and done - in and out of playoffs. :popcorn:

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Hey guys, how is the off season treating everyone?
I don't know if there's another thread more appropriate to ask this but is there any indication that the Jets are going to be re-signing Laine this off season? Also, what are you guys hoping to get him locked up for money wise?

Edit: So it seems you guys get mod warning in your Laine threads like we get in Matthews threads on the Leafs board lol

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I think it's priority to sign him now, it will save a lot in the long run. Would be fantastic to lock him up long term for under 10 mil but it's not likely.

If he plays first line minutes next season, that price will increase drastically. And Jets do need to start taking more out of him, should have already in the playoffs.

I don't think he is greedy but his agent might tell him not to sign until he has had his chance to show his true worth. And it's not going to happen in secondary scoring line.

Off season is just too damn long!

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
again,

i know this,

coach at Winnipeg MADE AND STILL MAKING? MONUMEMTAL MISTAKE by not YET...………...NOT YET having LAINE at MONSTERMODE. he coach has this thing going on still TODAY as LAINE already playd 2 seasons at around 70 Point season. there is no possibility FOR him to more at this minimAL playing time and THAT bad linemateS he having tO SET HIS MARKS TO GAME MORE. NOT IN THIS STATE . HE IS FROM GAMES OUTWORKED BY COACH. IS COACH NOT WANTING TO BRING CUP TO WINNIPEG????? HE IS DOINg SERIOUS ERROR AT WORK .

IF LAINE NOT LETTED BEING THE MONSTER HE SHOULD BY NOW ALREADY BE THEN WINNIPEG WILL NOT WIN CUP. HAVING LAINE AT NON FIREING MODE IS NOT GOOD. IT IS BAD.

SHAME THEY NOT PLAYING FOR FULL FROM THIS TEAM AND WASHINGTON WIN CUP. OUTCOACHED. OUTORGANISATIONED. Washington win cup beacause Winnipeg did not LET LAINE OUT AT RIGHT! AND THIS WHY WINNIPEG NOT WINNING CUP!! VERY VERY TRUTH!

LAINE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM START AT FIRST SEASON TO THIS DAY ALREADY AT 1ST LINE.

HAVE YOU SEEN . LAINE NOT BEING SO MUCH ABLE TO SCORE WINNING, IMPORTANT GOALS AS COME TO THIS DAY. BEACAUSE AT HIS LINE WITH HIS PAST LINEMATES THERE IS NO HOCKEY GOING ON. THIS HAS BEEN BReAKING LAINE DOWN. HE HAS BEEN AT DOWNHILL and uphill SORT OF.all time due to mishandled

START NEXT SEASON FROM START LAINE FOR BIG MINITES IN FIRST LINE INCLUDING ALL PP´S START - FINISH ETC ETC OR I WILL BE BANNED INSTANTLY AT THIS BOARD.

LAINE SHOULD MUST PLAY FOR SUPERSTARDOM NOWON! THERE IS NO TIME TO BE HOLD BACK BY COACH PERVERTIES ANY MORE.

IM VERY ANGRY STILL COACH GETTING LAINE TO BE FRUSTRATED PLAYING ALONE , WITH NON TOOL LINEMATES NOT ABLE TO BE PLAYING AT LAINES LEVEL.

THIS MUST STOP NOW.

SORRY for big Words no offence. this is not ban Worth text. please dont warn of ban. i speak truth once again. thanks . is my English improven? i feel better at English today

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
SORRY for big Words no offence. this is not ban Worth text. please dont warn of ban. i speak truth once again. thanks . is my English improven? i feel better at English today

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Your English seems to improve when you lay off the all caps, professor

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Not only is it likely that he'll sign for under 10, it's certain. Quote me on this.

You have a crystal ball or something?

His value definitely is 10m/year or rather 10m+/year. Goal scorers get paid and if you happen to be arguably best in that from your generation, even more so. Lets not forget we aren't talking about pure potential here and how that would reflect on the contract but also real figures and the 80 goals from his first two NHL seasons. That's far across the boundaries of hypothetical production moving forward. If the Jets threw a contract at him with less than that from the perspective of income alone it would be foolish of him to sign that. Then again, there are many other variables in play (such as also thinking what's the best interest for the team and what not) so he might take a discount if he feels he wants to stick around here. You don't believe me? Sure. Listen to this (start from the 9:50 mark):

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1...d-move-first-round-pick-at-deadline-1.1004001

If you think you're more knowledgeable than Bob McKenzie then well, sure fine we may as well leave it to that.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

His value definitely is 10m/year or rather 10m+/year. Goal scorers get paid and if you happen to be arguably best in that from your generation, even more so. Lets not forget we aren't talking about pure potential here and how that would reflect on the contract but also real figures and the 80 goals from his first two NHL seasons. That's far across the boundaries of hypothetical production moving forward. If the Jets threw a contract at him with less than that from the perspective of income alone it would be foolish of him to sign that. Then again, there are many other variables in play (such as also thinking what's the best interest for the team and what not) so he might take a discount if he feels he wants to stick around here. You don't believe me? Sure. Listen to this (start from the 9:50 mark):

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1...d-move-first-round-pick-at-deadline-1.1004001

If you think you're more knowledgeable than Bob McKenzie then well, sure fine we may as well leave it to that.
Why is it so important to you that he gets paid crazy money? Are you getting a cut or something?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Why is it so important to you that he gets paid crazy money? Are you getting a cut or something?

Why does everything have to be personal for you? I wasn't targeting your e-ego. Each and everyone with over 1k posts should by now be aware that most invalid open statements usually get corrected. Whatever he makes or doesn't make isn't out of my pockets.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England

I'm not sure jets can afford going 10M. And let's not forget there are several RFA years in there too (four?). I would say it's extremely likely that some deal under 10M and long term will be signed - just not maximum term. If he was UFA he'd definitely have the potential to rake in well in excess of 10M/year.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm not sure jets can afford going 10M. And let's not forget there are several RFA years in there too (four?). I would say it's extremely likely that some deal under 10M and long term will be signed - just not maximum term. If he was UFA he'd definitely have the potential to rake in well in excess of 10M/year.

That we'll just have to see I suppose. From player's or agent's perspective I'm not sure if not having the money will cut it though. I mean they've had 3 years to build up to that particular moment and showing up on the table with "sorry kiddo, this is the best we can do" would be rather sad. Anyway like I said I really have no idea how much Laine is into $$ and there's no point to speculate. What I can say however is it would be a foolish move not to come in prepared because if Laine doesn't take the deal, I'm almost willing to bet there are teams out there willing to give up four first rounders just to get to him - unlike with Trouba for instance.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Laine does not deserve ten based on his merits to this day.

Show me a player who knows what two-way ability means, and then we'll talk.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
The Jets philosophy is to pay and pay well for demonstrated performance, not for potential performance. Trouba doesn't understand that, but Scheifele did.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
I don’t care if ge gets paid 5 mil or 15 mil. I just wanna enjoy the ride to see his progress and to become as great as he will be

Keduzin

May 5, 2009

Actually his merits to this date would suggest he is even worth more. The list of players tha5 has scored more than Laine while under 20y in the NHL :

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I don't know why this keeps being repeated. You don't think that Laine played a pretty darn good two way game last year? Most times he gave up obvious offense opportunities to lay back and protect our end. Even while competing for the Rocket, he still managed to back check as well as most Jets did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad