Player Discussion: Patrik Laine (mod warning in post #150)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Last 25 years rookie + sophomore goal scoring(at any age):

1. Ovechkin 98 goals (3505mins TOI, 998mins PPTOI)
2.Laine 80 goals (2659mins TOI, 448 PPTOI)
2.Malkin 80 goals (3243mins TOI, 861mins PPTOI)
4.Crosby 74 goals (3270mins TOI, 920mins PPTOI)

Some people just fail to see how special he is even if the evidence is right there.

Incredible numbers. Be interesting to see where he is when his ice time reaches Ovi’s.

Also, pretty everyone knows his goal scoring is next level. So I don’t see how your bottom statement is accurate at all.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Last 25 years rookie + sophomore goal scoring(at any age):

1. Ovechkin 98 goals (3505mins TOI, 998mins PPTOI)
2.Laine 80 goals (2659mins TOI, 448 PPTOI)
2.Malkin 80 goals (3243mins TOI, 861mins PPTOI)
4.Crosby 74 goals (3270mins TOI, 920mins PPTOI)

Some people just fail to see how special he is even if the evidence is right there.

Now you stop that overhyping right there! Or @BB88 can't cope with someone who is wrong in his Internet.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Also, pretty everyone knows his goal scoring is next level. So I don’t see how your bottom statement is accurate at all.

"Pretty everyone" is simply incorrect, and I don't think almost anyone knew really that he was that good. Scoring as a teenager much higher rate (G/60) than 20-22 year-old Ovy, while playing less than 1/2 the PP TOI. Go Go figure.

Incredible, impossible.

If you ask mainboards or even here who has been more effective goal scorer, Laine or Ovy, they will just laugh at you, say you are silly and call you a Laine fanatic if you even dare to ask that question. If they even care to answer to that question, they will say Ovy, AINEC.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I've said what my problem is. Overhyping.

One can't have good talks in Laine threads.
Good talks are ruined here because of whining, not any overhyping. How has Laine even been overhyped? Give some real example and explain in which way it has clearly happened? It’s not hyping if you can’t yet prove something not possible. Then it’s proven as hype if time eventually tells that something wasn’t after all possible.

Just that you don’t believe in something being possible to happen does not make it necessarily just hype. If someone has estimated that Laine would score already in the first line playing with Scheifele close to or even over 100 points, it’s not really hyping until we see him play for a full season in the 1st line with Scheifele and still being left clearly under 100 points. I wasn’t the one whom claimed it, but I wouldn’t be so arrogant to claim that it is completely impossible to happen if Laine and Scheifele play together in the 1st line for the full season. Until we see it happen, we can’t say for sure what they would really be capable of after all.

You for example were predicting Laine getting about 20 goals for his rookie season, while me and many others were predicting 30-40 goals for him. If anything you are one of those whom is constantly undervaluing him. And you can keep doing that as long as you wish, but just quit the whining about the other opinions that differ from yours. You are not any kind of a superior hockey mind here over anyone, so no need to put you and your opinions on any pedestal.

Last edited:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
"Pretty everyone" is simply incorrect, and I don't think almost anyone knew really that he was that good. Scoring as a teenager much higher rate (G/60) than 20-22 year-old Ovy, while playing less than 1/2 the PP TOI. Go Go figure.

Incredible, impossible.

If you ask mainboards or even here who has been more effective goal scorer, Laine or Ovy, they will just laugh at you, say you are silly and call you a Laine fanatic if you even dare to ask that question. If they even care to answer to that question, they will say Ovy, AINEC.

Incredible, impossible is correct. What in the actual ****.

I did not know things were this ridiculous either so I can understand where people are coming from. We are all just people so everyone should give each other a break.

Let's just ban whining altogether now and focus on some actual stuff. That's what I propose. General amnesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad