Patrick

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Can you at least try harder? This is just a lazy attempt.
What? I'm agreeing with you this time, for the most part. Okay... maybe Hakstol's system sucked, but could you imagine the Flyers with a coach that wasn't ****ing things up? If they were a top 5 defensive team in the NHL using objective metrics, without Hakstol they'd be #1 in the league with a bullet. That's how good this D group is.

It's common sense to stick with them for the foreseeable future, so what Fletcher needs to do is trade Myers for a forward. He's not going to do any good languishing on the Phantoms.

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What? I'm agreeing with you this time, for the most part. Okay... maybe Hakstol's system sucked, but could you imagine the Flyers with a coach that wasn't ****ing things up? If they were a top 5 defensive team in the NHL using objective metrics, without Hakstol they'd be #1 in the league with a bullet. That's how good this D group is.

It's common sense to stick with them for the foreseeable future, so what Fletcher needs to do is trade Myers for a forward. He's not going to do any good languishing on the Phantoms.
OK, this was a little more effort but still painfully transparent.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek looked good together again, as I expected. Stick with this trio.
If I had a nickle for every time something worked, that us "mere fans" knew would work (after way too long of the coach avoiding it), I'd be able to buy the team.

Lindblom with Patrick and Voracek

TK with Giroux and Couts

Provorov and Ghost together

Sanheim getting more playing time

And so on...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek looked good together again, as I expected. Stick with this trio.

Yeah, that's what I saw, too.

Patrick is a smart hockey player, and the team looked better with him in there today.

I'm disappointed that the offensive game he was showing at the end of last season hasn't bloomed this year, but he plays a good defensive game and the offense should come in time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, that's what I saw, too.

Patrick is a smart hockey player, and the team looked better with him in there today.

I'm disappointed that the offensive game he was showing at the end of last season hasn't bloomed this year, but he plays a good defensive game and the offense should come in time.

Hes following a similar path Coots did oddly enough.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Hes following a similar path Coots did oddly enough.
Yeah, I see the similarities. It's a little disappointing, though. This team needs another Giroux (or at least close to it), not another Couturier.

I still have faith in Patrick being our 1C at some point in the future. I'm just not sure he'll be that offensive dynamo I was hoping for anymore.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Scored more points, in less games, in his rookie year, even after coming off an injury.

He's not as good as Couturier defensively, but he has more offensive potential. Especially his wrist shot.
Key difference being Couturier played a shutdown role with Max Talbot and Zac Rinaldo, while Patrick was gifted sheltered minutes with a PPG player. Saying they're on a similar career path is asinine.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
You’re right. He’s a bust.

Good call.
I didn't say that :dunno:

I just don't think he's an NHL-caliber player yet (maybe low-end, which is why he's still on a lottery team). At least he's still young and has time to turn things around :)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't say that :dunno:

I just don't think he's an NHL-caliber player yet (maybe low-end, which is why he's still on a lottery team). At least he's still young and has time to turn things around :)
:laugh: So he’s a bad player who wouldn’t be on a non-lottery team?

How about a playoff team that paced for 108 points over the 2nd half of the season (exactly 41 games from January 7th, 2018?until the end of the year). Meanwhile, he paced for 44 points during that same time period, while playing under 15 minutes per game, and looked great while doing it?

How about that?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I see the similarities. It's a little disappointing, though. This team needs another Giroux (or at least close to it), not another Couturier.

I still have faith in Patrick being our 1C at some point in the future. I'm just not sure he'll be that offensive dynamo I was hoping for anymore.

We have another Giroux coming, Morgan Frost.:naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad