Patrick

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He has officially changed his name to Nolan Flyers.

cut.jpg

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He is pacing the same (and following similar trend) in his sophomore season as Henrik Sedin did. I recall some impatience with the Sedins, calling for trading them. Patrick will be fine.

I am not saying he is a Sedin. I am saying he will be fine.

sohomore-seasons-jpg.175789

Sedin is in the lead after game #48!

wKoeIuH.png

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
One thing I was thinking about tonight, especially in the context of the development of Patrick, Lindblom and TK, is the fact that the Flyers don't have a really successful former star forward on the coaching staff. All of our coaches in the NHL and AHL are goalies and defensemen and ... Lappy. The last one we had was Mullen.

Gordon is not a good offensive coach by any means and while he's done plenty of tinkering on the PP, he doesn't seem to be as good at that as he is with changing around the PK.

Maybe it's not a huge deal, but it seems weird that we have so many former Flyers stars in coaching jobs around the league (Brindy, Tocchet, Recchi) and we've never gone after those guys. They're working for Pittsburgh or Carolina, who have vastly superior systems.

Great players often don't make great coaches, of course, but it would have been nice to have a former 40-goal scorer around to talk to Patrick and TK instead of f***ing Hakstol.

Can we at least make Briere a VP of something and assistant GM and get him in Philly to hang out with the kids once in awhile?

Reactions: Rebels57

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I see Patrick's game and the evolution of it and it reminds me a lot of giroux. He could have been used differently or more frequently by his coaches and his stat line could have been better but I think hell be fine and within another season or two he'll be 65 70 points a season, if not more. I think he's coming along great

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I see Patrick's game and the evolution of it and it reminds me a lot of giroux. He could have been used differently or more frequently by his coaches and his stat line could have been better but I think hell be fine and within another season or two he'll be 65 70 points a season, if not more. I think he's coming along great
2nd straight year of playing very well from Jan onward. Next year, we need this version of Patrick for the whole year.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What he needs is extended time with Giroux because Patrick has one of the best shots on the team and Giroux is the perfect player to set him up to take advantage of it. Before now, he was playing with guys like Laughton and Simmonds, who sure as hell aren't going to get the puck to him consistently. He's played a few games with Giroux, but then there was the injury and line juggling, so we've hardly been able to see what they can do together.

From the start of next season they need to put him in a position to succeed and keep him there. We saw the difference in his play when he was in a slump and then as soon as he had a little confidence, like night and day.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, I didn't like Patrick with Laughton and Simmonds, really poor fit.

Patrick is just learning what he can do, though I wish he had gotten stronger last summer, he still gets pushed around a bit though he's playing more physical now than in the fall.

Though I don't think Giroux and TK are the ideal wingers, I'd rather see him with Lindblom and Giroux/TK, at least until he gets strong enough and experienced enough to play more like Couts.

JVR - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Giroux
??? - Frost - TK
Putting Frost and TK together would be 2/3 of a "speed" line, maybe Farabee at the LW, or Ratcliffe down the road.
I don't like JVR with Frost as a rookie.

NateThompson44

<3 APPLEYARD <3
Feb 16, 2019
London
JVR - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Giroux
??? - Frost - TK
Putting Frost and TK together would be 2/3 of a "speed" line, maybe Farabee at the LW, or Ratcliffe down the road.
I don't like JVR with Frost as a rookie.
How unlike you to put Voracek on the top line

I think I remember you suggested the Flyers trade him

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
He is pacing the same (and following similar trend) in his sophomore season as Henrik Sedin did. I recall some impatience with the Sedins, calling for trading them. Patrick will be fine.

I am not saying he is a Sedin. I am saying he will be fine.

sohomore-seasons-jpg.175789
You're right. Patrick will be a good hockey player because Henrik Sedin was bad at some point. Or something.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How unlike you to put Voracek on the top line

I think I remember you suggested the Flyers trade him

If they're not going to play him with Couts, I'd trade him while his value is at a maximum.
Voracek has just looked a tier better paired with Couts this year.
His talent has never been in question, but at times he's glided through his career, a 6'3 210 lb forward playing like a one dimensional 5'10 180 guy. The last couple months Voracek has played with more intensity at both ends, and is even shooting more.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You guys think his upside is a 3c at this point?

Most likely. I wouldn't completely rule out a late breakout into a solid 2C though since he is so young. I can also see him becoming a shutdown middle 6 C because he's already good defensively and really has been since he came into the league.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
I definitely think he has the upside of a very good 2C. My concern with Patrick has been his decision making and how he utilizes his skill set, which does not always appear like a solid 2C. I am hoping his time away from the game is the issue and that he comes around to reach or at least get closer to his potential.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's hard to speculate about his upside right now. He's still only in his third season. Look at Nathan MacKinnon's numbers. He looked like a career 50-60 point player until he had a breakout season in his fifth year.

That said, if Patrick's next season is as bad as this one, he could be a "change of scenery" candidate.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->