Patrick

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
About his skating... I know this has probably been a pretty common criticism, but it clearly needs some work. At times he looks like he's flying out there. Most games, however, it's not very pretty to look at. Is there anyone in the organization other than the offseason power skating coaches, who focus on that aspect when working with the young guys on off-days/practices? I feel as though Couturier managed to overcome some deficiencies there as well, and it seemed to coincide with his breakthrough.

Reactions: Insurrection

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This forum is going downhill.

When we aren’t completely ****ing around with this kid, he showed huge flashes consistently.

I wonder what **** Fletcher could do to fix this.

He and Oskar look like magic together, it slows down for a nanosecond, and the stunned donkey-****er behind the bench banishes Oskar to the nether reaches and saddles Patrick with a literal horse. So lets demote Patrick to the minors. Hahahaha. The **** are we even doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
He and Oskar look like magic together, it slows down for a nanosecond, and the stunned donkey-****er behind the bench banishes Oskar to the nether reaches and saddles Patrick with a literal horse. So lets demote Patrick to the minors. Hahahaha. The **** are we even doing.
We’re literally just the hockey equivalent of pissing in the wind.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Hakstol being a bad coach doesn’t mean Patrick isn’t trash. His individual play isn’t NHL-caliber.

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He hasn’t been good as of late. I’m fine with him being the 3C currently but perhaps bump up Lindblom with him. He’ll probably end up being a victim of where he was drafted over the years if he isn’t already.

I think he can still be a useful player as time goes on even if he isn’t a star/top line caliber player & did show that in the second half last year but he probably won’t live up to the #2 pick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The problem is that the moment one of the young players don't perform 100% perfect on a shift the coach sends them to the end of the bench.

Haksol is a terrible coach for young players.
He's never really done that with Patrick though, he's never scratched him. Last night was the first time he played less than 13 minutes in a game where he didn't get hurt this season. I'd try putting him with Giroux, personally. 1 point in 15 games that wasn't into an empty net is what should be concerning. This team does go on droughts where they don't generate chances, but they do still score goals, and he isn't and Lindblom isn't.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
He's never really done that with Patrick though, he's never scratched him. Last night was the first time he played less than 13 minutes in a game where he didn't get hurt this season. I'd try putting him with Giroux, personally

Agreed. Giroux - Patrick - Konecny on one line. Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek on another line. It's too bad that JVR is the odd man out, but it's imperative that the Flyers find a way to jump start Patrick and Lindblom. At least, a good coach would find a way........

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd try letting him play wing. Hextall was adamant that that wasn't an option. Versatility never hurt anybody.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'd try letting him play wing. Hextall was adamant that that wasn't an option. Versatility never hurt anybody.

I actually wondered myself if they could Draisaitl him now and again; even for shifts. A smart player like him can adapt, even if it's something new. But a large part is who he plays with. Playing next to Couturier or Giroux now and again, or for a short term period, does magic for most players. I'm not sure it matters who plays wing/center in this scenario.

I still think that's more a last resort. It also returns to not having a real 3C, and Giroux at center was for "depth" purposes. He should be playing net front on PP1 for example. Points have a funny way of building confidence. And having pigeon wingers, when he sort of needs to be the pigeon himself along with working quick give-and-go plays, does him zero favors. Like many 20 year old NHL players finding out what they can and can't do.......he just needs some help. Linemate, coaching, usage, and otherwise.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Scoring pretty much goes to die on any line not the first line on this team & has been like that for a while now.
And that is why having Giroux and Couts on different lines are important. Because at ES, both lines can add offense.

Last year we said the same thing...having G and Couts together obviously works, but it kills our C depth. And in today's NHL. having the C depth is way more important than having winger depth.

but having an idiot head coach always puts you at a disadvantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad