Patrick

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
:laugh: So he’s a bad player who wouldn’t be on a non-lottery team?

How about a playoff team that paced for 108 points over the 2nd half of the season (exactly 41 games from January 7th, 2018?until the end of the year). Meanwhile, he paced for 44 points during that same time period, while playing under 15 minutes per game, and looked great while doing it?

How about that?

But even more important than the numbers to me is that it's moronic to make any sort of judgement about him NOW. He was coming off his injuries from juniors, he has been hurt this season, he has been jerked around with linemates, he was coached by the worst coach who has ever lived and is being coached by Gordo now, et cetera x infinity. It's just no time to be making assertive statements about what he is or what he could be.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But even more important than the numbers to me is that it's moronic to make any sort of judgement about him NOW. He was coming off his injuries from juniors, he has been hurt this season, he has been jerked around with linemates, he was coached by the worst coach who has ever lived and is being coached by Gordo now, et cetera x infinity. It's just no time to be making assertive statements about what he is or what he could be.
Yeah, all of that PLUS the numbers PLUS the eye test all show that these overreactions are truly ridiculous.

It’s honestly pathetic how reactionary and impatient fans can be.

James Dirksin

Oct 28, 2018
Figured out his probelm...

His mentor on the team is Dale Weise (so said the broadcasters last game).

I am sure he is mentoring him through the zillion game scoreless droughts and being unproductive.

Could they have a worse mentor for him???

Burtal IMO

Reactions: Stizzle

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Patrick is fine. He’s playing decent hockey. He is still playing good 2ways. I would like more points from him, but it’s not like he looks like he shouldn’t be in the NHL. He’s had two decent games; if he continues, points will come.

Eric Staal went straight from juniors to the NHL and scored 31 points. Then in the lockout, he played in the AHL and scored 77 in 77games. Then he broke out and had a 100 point season. Now, I am not saying that’s what Patrick is going to do, but let’s not pretend that this development path isn’t normal for this type of player.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He is pacing the same (and following similar trend) in his sophomore season as Henrik Sedin did. I recall some impatience with the Sedins, calling for trading them. Patrick will be fine.

I am not saying he is a Sedin. I am saying he will be fine.

sohomore-seasons-jpg.175789

Attachments

• sohomore seasons.jpg
    sohomore seasons.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,384

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
He is pacing the same (and following similar trend) in his sophomore season as Henrik Sedin did. I recall some impatience with the Sedins, calling for trading them. Patrick will be fine.

I am not saying he is a Sedin. I am saying he will be fine.

sohomore-seasons-jpg.175789

So, you're saying we just need to sign his twin sister Danica and we'll be all set? Sounds good.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Last year Patrick started to play well in January and the points did not come until the last game of the month. He then finished the last 33 games at a 52 point pace. Let's hope he keeps the confidence going and he replicates last years momentum.

Reactions: Foggy14

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

As much as I enjoyed watching Patrick pull off a Hertl on Dubbie, I appreciated the terrific defensive zone board work that led to Simmer's second goal.

Nolan is a good young hockey player who's clearly working on all facets of his game.

I'm glad we didn't send him down. :D

Which is why I don't get the criticism of Lindblom, he may be struggling to score, but he showed in the SHL that he has the tools.
What this team needs are young players who are willing to do the dirty work to make good things happen.
What I've liked about Patrick has been his defensive IQ and his work ethic, just need to be patient with him.

This team's biggest problem has been losing the board battles in their own zone and failing to get the puck moving the other direction (dumping it to center ice is simply delaying the inevitable).

Reactions: Foggy14

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015

As much as I enjoyed watching Patrick pull off a Hertl on Dubbie, I appreciated the terrific defensive zone board work that led to Simmer's second goal.

Nolan is a good young hockey player who's clearly working on all facets of his game.

I'm glad we didn't send him down. :D

Spot on. He’s not a generational type of 2nd overall pick, but I think we all knew that before the draft even. He’s worth keeping (obvious, I know) and barring injury or unknown mental issues will continue to fine tune his game and become a real asset for us. His shot is a thing of beauty - he just needs to learn to open up those opportunities more regularly so he can shoot more.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Spot on. He’s not a generational type of 2nd overall pick, but I think we all knew that before the draft even. He’s worth keeping (obvious, I know) and barring injury or unknown mental issues will continue to fine tune his game and become a real asset for us. His shot is a thing of beauty - he just needs to learn to open up those opportunities more regularly so he can shoot more.
It's a huge adjustment from junior that can really destroy a young stars confidence. I think it was really good for Patrick that G moved back to center which slots him as the 3C. Much less pressure and easier opponents give him time to regain his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad