Value of: Patrick Kane

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kane will age like fine wine and be a PPG player until the day he hangs up the skates...stop with the trash offers..he's not going to be traded, Hawks are not in a full teardown rebuild, that much has already been said by Bowman

Reactions: Malaka

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
What? when did that happen?

I changed it to Top 10 C. Top 5 is an overstatement. Nonetheless he's going to be 21 at start of season and has unbelievable advanced stats. Dude is a bonafide STUD.

I wouldn't even consider Kane at 50% for Peterrsson. The add for Chicago would be incredible, such as Strome, Dach, Kubal, etc.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I changed it to Top 10 C. Top 5 is an overstatement. Nonetheless he's going to be 21 at start of season and has unbelievable advanced stats. Dude is a bonafide STUD.

I wouldn't even consider Kane at 50% for Peterrsson. The add for Chicago would be incredible, such as Strome, Dach, Kubal, etc.

Putting Strome in the same group as Dach is silly...Dach is going to be a monster of a player...Strome is a flawed 2C at best that needs to be surrounded by good wingers to have any chance to be successful when the playoffs roll around...

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Dach is a prospect and we don't know what he'll turn into.

Strome was a bust until he went to Chicago and we don't know if he'll continue to improve or if he's plateaued at 2C/3C

Kane is 32 years old at start of season with 3 years left.

---

Meanwhile, Peterrsson is Top 5C in the NHL on an ELC at the start of his career.

What were you saying?

Pettersson is not even close to sniffing top5C yet, but:

Patrick Kane, a top5 W in the league coming off 110p and 84p in 70g seasons AT 50% AKA 5M hahahahahahhahahahaha

then Kirby Dach, a #3 overall pick in his first year (also on an ELC) who just played unreal after being put at 2C when the season came back. You’ve seen him play, right?

Who even cares about Strome and whatever value he may have at that point

hahahahahahhahahah

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Patrick Kane, a top5 W in the league coming off 110p and 84p in 70g seasons AT 50% AKA 5M hahahahahahhahahahaha

then Kirby Dach, a #3 overall pick in his first year (also on an ELC) who just played unreal after being put at 2C when the season came back. You’ve seen him play, right?

Ya 20 points in 60 games - unreal.

The point is the OP suggested Kane at 50% for Peterrsson. That's the joke. I countered with a much fairer deal and that would include Dach and Strome and possibly an unprotected 1st.

Peterrsson isn't going anywhere.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

The point is the OP suggested Kane at 50% for Peterrsson. That's the joke. I countered with a much fairer deal and that would include Dach and Strome and possibly an unprotected 1st.

Okay, so you haven’t seen Dach play/no nothing about him/don’t understand his value. That makes way more sense.

I was referring to the 6 points in 9 playoff games +3 as the Hawks best defensive forward (even above Toews) since being put at 2C (like I mentioned aka he was playing sheltered 3C before the covid break).

An elite winger at 5M (not “elite” potential like Pettersson but truly elite) is way closer than the mess you just posted.

I’m still dying hahahahah

It’s very reasonable that Dach could become as good or better all-around than Pettersson and you added Patrick Kane at 50% AND more on top of that hahahahahha

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

clearly you didn't watch the playoffs...Get back to this thread after a full season and say Kirby isn't a stud 1C in the making...

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Putting Strome in the same group as Dach is silly...Dach is going to be a monster of a player...Strome is a flawed 2C at best that needs to be surrounded by good wingers to have any chance to be successful when the playoffs roll around...
I could see something around Nylander+Kerfoot+1st for Kane 0% retained
Hawks get a younger winger who can age with the young players coming in, they also get a 1st.
Leafs get an upgrade for either 1 or 2rw. Can't have Marner and Kane together.....not enough puck
Imagine the Leafs with Marner, Kane and Thornton. I could prob get 15 goals with them lol. I would be out there standing on my ankles, in my play it again sports equipment from the 90's with those guys just banking pucks in off of me lol. Man it would be good enough to earn me a 5.5x7 contract from the Habs hahaha

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
What? Horrific for Anaheim. Wouldn't even work in EASports lmfao

Hrm, I don't see this as really harming Anaheim much.

- Rakell gets upgraded into Kane, which is a LARGE upgrade.
- The pick could end up biting them in the ass, but if the goal is to make the playoffs, the pick would then be middle or higher and nothing special given Ducks have double-dipped in recent years.
- Larsson is nothing special and would be left exposed to Seattle next year anyhow.
- We have enough kids, where losing one of that group, won't hurt much. We keep our top two in Zegras and Drysdale.

Next season plenty of money is coming off the books, too. Kane's contract won't cause any issues for its duration.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!

Attachments

• giphy (31).gif
    giphy (31).gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
What planet am I on?
He would be competing with Marner and center chemistry. I didn't think I needed to explain that. I would expect Kane to work better with Tavares and Hyman and keep Mikheyev-Matthews-Marner

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This is straight Maple Leaf hearsay, maybe I'm the only one, but I feel baited...
I always find it odd when people are surprised how Marner and Kane are considered comparable. Then I forget most haven't watched them both from the time they entered the OHL.
The way they both think the game, slow it down only to make the quick play. They are eerily similar and are of similar skill. Kane has had the benefit of playing in a room that bought in during the play offs while Marner has played in a room full of sulky brats. Hope Thornton can get the Leaf kids to buy in like the Hawk play off teams used to. I think a Leafs team with an all in room could be a scary team.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Kane will age like fine wine and be a PPG player until the day he hangs up the skates...stop with the trash offers..he's not going to be traded, Hawks are not in a full teardown rebuild, that much has already been said by Bowman
I agree that Kane should not be traded and I cannot see the Hawks wanting to move him but what if Kane wants/ asks to be moved?
There are ways to look like the good-guy on managements side by saying they want to keep him and Toews , but reduce their ice-time and roles until they want to be moved. I can see Kane and Toews not wanting to stay if they get reduced minutes and bumped off of PP1 etc.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think you should watch Marner more. Sure I will admit that Kane has the resume but if you watch their play style I think you will see what I am talking about.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Kane and Laine are two players with very slight chances of being traded that I cannot see on anyone agreeing to what their trade value is at this very moment. Both are dynamic players and game changers but with their cap hits and what their future demands will be ( Laine's) , I honestly have no clue at all what GMs would be willing to pay for either of them .

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Kane and Laine are two players with very slight chances of being traded that I cannot see on anyone agreeing to what their trade value is at this very moment. Both are dynamic players and game changers but with their cap hits and what their future demands will be ( Laine's) , I honestly have no clue at all what GMs would be willing to pay for either of them .
Maybe they could snag an epic futures haul from Seattle for Kane. If played right that could be HUGE for their rebuild

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Buffalo:
Okposo
Cozens
2021 First (Tax for Okposo)
2021 and 2022 Second

Chicago:
Kane

Chicago gets a war chest full of draft picks and a highly regarded prospect who can start playing asap. Buffalo gets to shed some salary and acquires another star on a team that increasingly seems to be all-in.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Imo Kane has a contract that limits his trade value. Yes, he’s still a good player, but 10.5 on the cap for three more years for a 31 year old player is a very difficult trade to make.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I agree that Kane should not be traded and I cannot see the Hawks wanting to move him but what if Kane wants/ asks to be moved?
There are ways to look like the good-guy on managements side by saying they want to keep him and Toews , but reduce their ice-time and roles until they want to be moved. I can see Kane and Toews not wanting to stay if they get reduced minutes and bumped off of PP1 etc.

sure its a possibility, but my point is that Kane is still an awesome player, elite and as good as he has ever been, the problem for the Hawks truly lies in their cap commitments beyond Toews and Kane...They have like 20 million dollars that ended up on LTIR last year and are hurt going into this offseason...Seabrook, De Haan, Shaw, Zach Smith...it has destroyed their depth when they have so much cap dollars spent inefficiently that cannot be used to help surround Toews/Kane/Keith with good NHL depth...Those guys can absolutely win at the highest level still, they've just seen their depth diminish through a ton of mismanagement, like trading Panarin for Saad, signing Seabrook for 8 years, adding 32 million dollars in cap commitments between De Haan and Maatta last summer, etc...Stan and his team are the problem, not the Hawks core and what deals they took in 2014...

Reactions: wahsnairb

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Imo Kane has a contract that limits his trade value. Yes, he’s still a good player, but 10.5 on the cap for three more years for a 31 year old player is a very difficult trade to make.

don't look at the age with Kane...he's the arguably the best version of himself that he's been as a hockey player since he's come into the league...he's a better leader now, just as good or better hockey wise, he's committed arguably more than any veteran on the Hawks team (including Toews and Keith) and he doesn't partake in the off-ice schenanigans that he once did...he's captain material if he was on any other team, and he's going to age well because he's a smart guy that knows how to avoid contact...Toews is the guy that might hit a wall at some point because he played a different game and has a lot of miles as well...thats the contract that they will not get fair value for unless some gm is enamored with his resume because he can't play the 200ft game and produce offensively like he once could...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad