Value of: Patrick Kane

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
With Chicago anounced rebuild mode, are they now ready to trade Kane? I bet, he wouldn't mind to win another cup or two. And I bet, there are a few teams, that wouldn't mind to get him. Say, Columbus - they have enough space for him.

Reactions: hmc1987

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Will never happen, but from Boston I would give:

Studnicka
Vaakanainen
1st 2021
Moore (cap dump)
Ritchie (cap dump for Boston, but also an asset to Chi)

for

Kane ($1.5 million retained)

This would definitely make Boston one of the top 2-3 favorites for the Cup again.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think him and Toews are pissed that they were not told about Crawford and Saad getting traded and that the team is headed in another direction. Toews made a comment public saying as such. He doesn't usually do stuff like that unless he felt the important need to.
I can see one or both of them asking to be moved at some point. Versteeg on FAN 960 said that it could possibly get to the point that Toews adn Kane would have their icetime and roles diminished to the point where they could ask to be moved. Im not saying this will happen or that its a good idea , just that there are ways to try to get players to be open to being traded and waving any NMC they may have.

If they do move one of t hem or both, the sooner they do it the better the return obviously .
I would never move Kane as he is still an elite player , but I can also understand why he might be available if the Hawks really do want to do a full out rebuild. They should be able to get numerous huge assets in trade. Who has the assets , cap room , and if they added Kane , would they be any further ahead than where they are currently at?
I cant think of any teams but will take a crack at it :

Foote
Smith
Boqvist
2021 1st
????

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Elite player.

I wonder what Buffalo would give for him. That's his hometown team, and they would have a pretty electric line if they could put him with Hall and Eichel.

That said, I would rather see Kane and Toews retire as Blackhawks, with one more Cup before that happens.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Pulock, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, 2021 1st

Chicago would also have to take Boychuk or Ladd to offset salary.

Reactions: bert

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
With Chicago anounced rebuild mode, are they now ready to trade Kane? I bet, he wouldn't mind to win another cup or two. And I bet, there are a few teams, that wouldn't mind to get him. Say, Columbus - they have enough space for him.

Columbus needs to pay PLD. They do not have $10.5 cap space.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
A whole lot of trash for the best winger this decade?

Kane is old and getting older by the day. We arent talking prime Kane by any stretch.

Chicago could also keep him and get nothing. Is fine too, but doesnt seem to be helping the Hawks rebuild. At all

Reactions: Pertti

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Will never happen, but from Boston I would give:

Studnicka
Vaakanainen
1st 2021
Moore (cap dump)
Ritchie (cap dump for Boston, but also an asset to Chi)

for

Kane ($1.5 million retained)

This would definitely make Boston one of the top 2-3 favorites for the Cup again.

Not. A. Chance.

Reactions: bert

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Huh? That's Boston's two best prospects and a 1st rounder. These are assets that Boston wouldn't give up for OEL, which Arizona coveted.
Strange how given the context values are different.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Huh? That's Boston's two best prospects and a 1st rounder. These are assets that Boston wouldn't give up for OEL, which Arizona coveted.

Which is exactly why Boston would have zero chance of getting Kane with prospects/picks. Your best two prospects and what would be a late 1st rounder are trash in a deal like this, especially with those useless cap dumps added.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
How about Kane to Winnipeg for Laine? That could work out quite well.
Would be nice for Laine to get a chance to be the man in Chicago and seeing Kane lead Toews' hometown team to the Stanley cup while winning the Conn Smythe would be pretty sweet too!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
110 points a year ago.

You’re high.

(also well over ppg last year)
Lets not throw mud at each other ,I would rather play nice and get something done. Hey I think Toews should come to Boston also ,another cup for Kane, Toews , Marchand ,Bergeron lets make the world right again..........ah we can all dream right. But you cannot say it would not be fun

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I fig a Kane trade would be for a younger worse player+futures
Even as a Leaf fan I would baulk at a Nylander 1 for 1 for Kane. Obv Kane is a way better player but age and contract could cripple us when u factor in Tavares.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Lets not throw mud at each other ,I would rather play nice and get something done. Hey I think Toews should come to Boston also ,another cup for Kane, Toews , Marchand ,Bergeron lets make the world right again..........ah we can all dream right. But you cannot say it would not be fun

I’d love another cup for them, but not at the expense of the hawks getting that brutal return.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I fig a Kane trade would be for a younger worse player+futures
Even as a Leaf fan I would baulk at a Nylander 1 for 1 for Kane. Obv Kane is a way better player but age and contract could cripple us when u factor in Tavares.
Plus factor for the Leafs they finally have a player that knows how to win...........something they are not familiar with haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad