Value of: Patrick Kane

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
If Chicago would go for futures, and Ducks are serious about "rebuild is over; time to compete", how does this package look:

Rakell
2021 1st (unprotected)
One of: Steel, Lundestrom, Comtois, Tracey, Terry
Larsson

for

Kane

Reactions: Pertti

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
If Chicago would go for futures, and Ducks are serious about "rebuild is over; time to compete", how does this package look:

Rakell
2021 1st (unprotected)
One of: Steel, Lundestrom, Comtois, Tracey, Terry
Larsson

for

Kane

What? Horrific for Anaheim. Wouldn't even work in EASports lmfao

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Buffalo would make the most sense

From the area so may waive to go there, decent enough prospect pool, desire to keep Eichel happy, etx.

Bad salary would have to go back like Okposo, 1st rd non-lottery protected pick plus a 2nd plus a guy like Cozens plus a lesser prospect would be the structure of a deal

Either Skinner or Okposo would need to be in the deal but that likely makes buffalo add another 1st on its own. If Hawks are actually rebuilding taking a bad contract for a future piece makes sense.

How does Reinhart and one of Cozens, Mitts, or Olofsson with a couple firsts sound? Would also part with RHD in Miller/Montour/Risto if needed to make the deal. I believe Kane will play at least one season in Buffalo before he retires, but if we get him no instead of old slow Kane he could really have a huge season. He could also be trash because he's home and he decides to party it up, but its worth the gamble.

Reactions: Sinbad

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Buffalo would make the most sense

From the area so may waive to go there, decent enough prospect pool, desire to keep Eichel happy, etx.

Bad salary would have to go back like Okposo, 1st rd non-lottery protected pick plus a 2nd plus a guy like Cozens plus a lesser prospect would be the structure of a deal

Is a good deal.

Salary swap to balance things with SAME term (Kane and Okposo)

Chicago gets a blue chip forward prospect (Cozens), an additional 1st (unprotected) and 2nd

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Yep like what CHI gets for Panarin. This offer is better than that one and still that happened. Thank to God GM's are smarter than people who writes here. I really hope you get my point this time.

Imagine not understanding the difference between a hypothetical move of Kane now and Panarin needing to be moved. I would say I hope you get the point, but clearly you’re small brained and short-sighted.

Reactions: HawksDub89

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Either Skinner or Okposo would need to be in the deal but that likely makes buffalo add another 1st on its own. If Hawks are actually rebuilding taking a bad contract for a future piece makes sense.

Uhh...Kane at 32, 33, and 34 years old at $10.5m is not exactly an "ideal" contract. It's overpayment especially in this economic landscape.

Okposo is a complete cap dump but Chicago has publicly admitted to moving in direction of rebuild

Buffalo hasn't made playoffs since 1970, or something liek that, and is giving a blue chip prospect, Cozens - former #7 OA coming off great juniors season, unprotected 1st and a 2nd.

Taylor Hall got way, way less.

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
This is all incredibly moot anyway, there’s a tiny tiny chance he gets moved. The overwhelming odds are that he’s a Hawk for the next 3 seasons. (And likely beyond)

They value back just isn’t there. Like 90% of these offers would be a complete non starter in real life.

Reactions: wahsnairb

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Uhh...Kane at 32, 33, and 34 years old at $10.5m is not exactly an "ideal" contract. It's overpayment especially in this economic landscape.

Okposo is a complete cap dump but Chicago has publicly admitted to moving in direction of rebuild

Buffalo hasn't made playoffs since 1970, or something liek that, and is giving a blue chip prospect, Cozens - former #7 OA coming off great juniors season, unprotected 1st and a 2nd.

Taylor Hall got way, way less.

Chicago could ask for Montour or something like that, but that's probably too much

It's not a steal, but Kane is going to be at the very least a PPG player through that contract. An unprotected 1st + Cozens is probably too much, but it would either be Cozens + top 10 protected 1st + or an unprotected 1st ++.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This is all incredibly moot anyway, there’s a tiny tiny chance he gets moved. The overwhelming odds are that he’s a Hawk for the next 3 seasons. (And likely beyond)

They value back just isn’t there. Like 90% of these offers would be a complete non starter in real life.
I hear ya, its the unfortunate reality of trying to move a high paid superstar. You will never get back what the fanbase expects.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
He is never going to get good value. It is going to be a similar trade as Karlsson. A couple picks that maybe turn out and some depth that maybe turns out. His contract is too big to move without shit going the other way that chicago doesnt want.

The hawks would retain, I love how some of you are purposely ignoring this to make it sound like he’s worth less because of his contract.

Do you honestly think Chicago is gonna move Patrick F’ing Kane for cap dumps and b level prospects? (And late 1sts)

Reactions: Sinbad

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Would Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd move the needle?

In all seriousness, for a player of his caliber, and carrying that kind of contract, his value is impossible to gauge IMO.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
What? You pray to God that Laf becomes as good as Kane.

Cap hit (assuming no retention) and age may make Lafreniere more desirable right now, but “significantly more” is absolutely laughable.

Kane at 25%+ retention is worth more than Laf

Not in todays world. Players on ELC that are viewed as top tier talents are worth more than ever.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
that seems like a ton for a player that we don't even know if they will be as good as Kane

Few players will be as good as Kane. He's one of the best to do it, but Buffalo isn't getting Kane's career. They would be getting him at 32, 33, and 34 years of age. Hence why getting Cozens, an unprotected 1st, conditional 2nd, and taking Okposo make it a good deal.

Can't think of a single prospect whose supposed to be as good as Kane that would be dealt for 32 year old Kane. Not a single one. Chicago would be lucky to get a prospect with 60% of Kane's potential at this point

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
32 year Kane at 10.5 for three years is not going get a king's ransom. A first and a real nice prospect and some fodder would be about right. If the Hawks eat some salary (25-30%) they might get another nice prospect/pick.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Hmm let's balance that just a smidge

Chi:

Elias Pettersson

Van:

Kane at 50%
Dach
Strome

There we go

LOL that is the worst thing I’ve ever seen on here (that’s saying something) whether it was a joke or not...

Reactions: pvr

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Agreed.

I honestly think he has more value to the hawks at 35, 36 37 than many realize.
I would be very surprised if they traded Kane, however I can see a situation where a team loaded with prospects makes an offer too good to say no to. Its not gonna have the recent top 3 pick or anything but prob decent roster player+2 A prospects and a pick
from the Rangers Fox+Kakko+protected 1st I am sure some Hawk fans will baulk but thats a HUGE haul

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
LOL that is the worst thing I’ve ever seen on here (that’s saying something) whether it was a joke or not...

Dach is a prospect and we don't know what he'll turn into.

Strome was a bust until he went to Chicago and we don't know if he'll continue to improve or if he's plateaued at 2C/3C

Kane is 32 years old at start of season with 3 years left.

---

Meanwhile, Peterrsson is Top 10C in the NHL on an ELC at the start of his career.

What were you saying?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Dach is a prospect and we don't know what he'll turn into.

Strome was a bust until he went to Chicago and we don't know if he'll continue to improve or if he's plateaued at 2C/3C

Kane is 32 years old at start of season with 3 years left.

---

Meanwhile, Peterrsson is Top 5C in the NHL on an ELC at the start of his career.

What were you saying?
What? when did that happen?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln