Value of: Patrick Kane

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Overpaid? Maybe by a million at best. A legit top 6 PWF and 26 year old legit top 4 Defenseman, both in their primes.
Cool story but no. Trouba is a 20-30 point defender who had one 50 point year and y’all gave 8 million AAV. He isn’t that good. Well overpaid as he is a 2RD paid like a 1RD. Kreider’s contract is way too long to be worth much. Rangers fans trying to dump that contract hard lately. His contract doesn’t do much for Chicago and Kreider isn’t waiving 5 (7?)months after signing an extension, needless to say to a rebuilding squad.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn’t mind seeing him in Boston but I don’t think the Bruins have the quality of prospects to get it done.
Bruins dont have the pieces to get this deal done. The pieces that the Chicago would want, I cant see the Bruins parting ways with. Good luck to the Blackhawks and Kane. If a trade does happen, i dont think Blackhawks fan are going to be too happy with the return.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Cool story but no. Trouba is a 20-30 point defender who had one 50 point year and y’all gave 8 million AAV. He isn’t that good. Well overpaid as he is a 2RD paid like a 1RD. Kreider’s contract is way too long to be worth much. Rangers fans trying to dump that contract hard lately. His contract doesn’t do much for Chicago and Kreider isn’t waiving 5 (7?)months after signing an extension, needless to say to a rebuilding squad.
So if you just essentially agreed with me that Jacob Trouba is a top 4 Defenseman in his prime, are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Are you angry with the NYR organization as a whole? Did i conjure up some negative feelings referring to Kreider as a 50 point PWF in his prime? Would you like to argue against that mr.Canes fan defending the Blackhawks?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
So if you just essentially agreed with me that Jacob Trouba is a top 4 Defenseman in his prime, are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Are you angry with the NYR organization as a whole? Did i conjure up some negative feelings referring to Kreider as a 50 point PWF in his prime? Would you like to argue against that mr.Canes fan defending the Blackhawks?
im arguing they are overpaid with contracts too long. Those kind of contracts dont interest a team in rebuild. I get the Rangers are an underproductive organization but man, no need to get angry about it.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
If CBJ tries rebuild and didnt have clear starting goalie,Werenski were 31 making over 10M/Y and i get for return young all star goalie, two young developing wingers and 3round pick which all becomes with under 4M caphit and leaves allmost 7M space for cap. I would think about it. Kane is worth more but over 10M/Y for 31yo winger is huge money. Hope you get my point. Stay safe

10M a year for 3 more years for an elite W in his prime coming off a 110p and 84 in 70g shortened seasons doesn’t seem bad and if the best they can do is the above offer, they would 1) retain and/or 2) not move him

That’s a horrible offer. Goalies don’t hold much value, both forwards are very meh prospects just like a 3rd.

You’re moving expendable crap for Patrick Kane. Hope you get my point.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Kane is old and getting older by the day. We arent talking prime Kane by any stretch.

Chicago could also keep him and get nothing. Is fine too, but doesnt seem to be helping the Hawks rebuild. At all

So you think the Hawks only options are to trade him to the Bruins for that poop offer or keep him? LMAO

If Kane is on the market half of the league could top that offer in a heartbeat.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
im arguing they are overpaid with contracts too long. Those kind of contracts dont interest a team in rebuild. I get the Rangers are an underproductive organization but man, no need to get angry about it.

We've had the best and fastest rebuild out of all the teams in the league recently, how exactly is that unproductive? LOL. Your Canes are a non-factor and were a basement team for a decade. Please stop while you're ahead buddy.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
We've had the best and fastest rebuild out of all the teams in the league recently, how exactly is that unproductive? LOL. Your Canes are a non-factor and were a basement team for a decade. Please stop while you're ahead buddy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yet we have as many cups in the modern era as you. Small market teams that have done just as well really bother you, huh? Either way that trade offer has 0 chance of ever happening. Those contracts have no interest to a team in rebuild. If Chicago were to take back cap to make the money work, it would be shorter contracts 1, 2 years max.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
ITT people offer spare parts hypotheticals and then try to devalue Kane to justify their nonsensical packages. We can shut this one down, too.

Kane will not be one of the guys moved (sorry, I know you all want him... imagine that) and if he was (coming off 110p and 84p in 70g seasons with a mix bag of linemates), it would be for stuff you wouldn’t want to see gone.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I like how NOBODY has cap room, except for two rebuilding teams. And Chicago fans expect a 10+million dollar contract to go out without any cap coming back. Like, are you even aware of the league situation? It's not even possible to dump off salary to those rebuilding teams without giving up what you'd give up just to get Kane.

Just insanity if you expect no cap in return. Pure stupidity.

Funny thing about this is Buffalo could be one of the last places he wants to go.

In your hypothetical where we have no leverage:

If we can’t get a second line/1B center out of this why would we trade an elite/franchise winger? For fun and middling picks?

Our rebuild will be over in 2-3 years, maybe with things looking bright and competing before his contract is over. Maybe people should consider that.

You could say that about every team until he actually speaks. But Buffalo is the only hometown he has. So there IS something to be said for it. It's not something, but it's not nothing. What you said IS nothing because it applies to every single team.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Kane has a NMC so he gets to pick where he is willing to go to. There aren't alot of teams that can take his cap outright so if Chicago wants a purely futures return that further limits the choices. I'd love him in Nashville and would be willing to offer alot. We don't really have a strong pipeline though so if they're looking for young top end prospects we don't have much that fits the bill.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd say Buffalo would be the best fit if the Sabres are trying to keep Jack Eichel, although they're bound for a contract haul and believe one of Okposo or Skinner would have to be traded to the Blackhawks if Kane was going the other way.

But if not Buffalo I could see either the Rangers or Capitals. Doubt the Hawks trade him within their division.

But for all we know he's happy in Chicago and would like to retire a Blackhawk.

But for the other Hawks, I think Toews would only consider Winnipeg, for Seabrook and Keith I think they're retiring Blackhawks.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Buffalo would make the most sense

From the area so may waive to go there, decent enough prospect pool, desire to keep Eichel happy, etx.

Bad salary would have to go back like Okposo, 1st rd non-lottery protected pick plus a 2nd plus a guy like Cozens plus a lesser prospect would be the structure of a deal

Reactions: Sinbad and hmc1987

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
10M a year for 3 more years for an elite W in his prime coming off a 110p and 84 in 70g shortened seasons doesn’t seem bad and if the best they can do is the above offer, they would 1) retain and/or 2) not move him

That’s a horrible offer. Goalies don’t hold much value, both forwards are very meh prospects just like a 3rd.

You’re moving expendable crap for Patrick Kane. Hope you get my point.

Yep like what CHI gets for Panarin. This offer is better than that one and still that happened. Thank to God GM's are smarter than people who writes here. I really hope you get my point this time.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
I think him and Toews are pissed that they were not told about Crawford and Saad getting traded and that the team is headed in another direction. Toews made a comment public saying as such. He doesn't usually do stuff like that unless he felt the important need to.
I can see one or both of them asking to be moved at some point. Versteeg on FAN 960 said that it could possibly get to the point that Toews adn Kane would have their icetime and roles diminished to the point where they could ask to be moved. Im not saying this will happen or that its a good idea , just that there are ways to try to get players to be open to being traded and waving any NMC they may have.

If they do move one of t hem or both, the sooner they do it the better the return obviously .
I would never move Kane as he is still an elite player , but I can also understand why he might be available if the Hawks really do want to do a full out rebuild. They should be able to get numerous huge assets in trade. Who has the assets , cap room , and if they added Kane , would they be any further ahead than where they are currently at?
I cant think of any teams but will take a crack at it :

Foote
Smith
Boqvist
2021 1st
????
Yeah that's a no from Jersey Fitz already said his not doing stuff like this

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You’re not considering the context of the linemates he’s had pre-2016 and how the league has opened up scoring for players of his style by penalizing slashing and incentivizing to be less physical. Tell me one aspect of his game that is going to age poorly. I don’t think you’re as aware as you think you are. He will play until he’s 45 because that’s all he knows. Check back in 10 years and we’ll see how he holds up

Last, me saying “probably would ask for more” isn’t demanding Laf+, you need to take a breather. I would probably ask for more if I had to retain on Kane. Talk about being hyperbolic
He will not play till he is 45. Get a grip.

Oh and sorry I missed the word “probably”. Because apparently that makes such a difference.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think we should assume Chicago retains 50% to ensure they maximize their return.
  • top 3 protected first rounders
  • 1 second rounder
  • 2nd conditional 2nd rounder if they win a cup while Kane is playing with them
  • 1 bluechip prospect
  • 2 decent prospects
  • 1 garbage contract that lasts no longer than Kane's and costs no more than what Kane is making now.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Buffalo would make the most sense

From the area so may waive to go there, decent enough prospect pool, desire to keep Eichel happy, etx.

Bad salary would have to go back like Okposo, 1st rd non-lottery protected pick plus a 2nd plus a guy like Cozens plus a lesser prospect would be the structure of a deal
If Chicago ends up trading Toews and Kane then they can easily take back a contract. As has been mentioned given the current environment, pure contract dumps are almost impossible. As a Sabres fan I would offer a Reinhart or Oloffson, a prospect like Mittelstadt, Samuelsson or Johnson, a 2021 1st plus a 2nd in 2022 with Okposo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad