Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Since he entered the NHL:

0.83 ExGF/60: 42/347 fwds

His actual scoring rate of 0.74 GF/60 is ~125th in the NHL over that time... IE 2nd line level. But the positions he gets himself in to shoot are right up there with the best 5v5 scorers in the league.
Okay that makes more sense. I’m not doubting the skill sets—he’s going to be an important winger for us. But the team, with the exception of a couple forwards, have their warts and inconsistencies. Nice to see he is performing at that level compared to the rest of the league.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he was pretty bad.
Young players do struggle their first year or two then at some point the light goes on and they take off.
Which is why assuming that Frost and Farabee would make an immediate impact is probably the triumph of optimism over experience.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Well, he was pretty bad.
Young players do struggle their first year or two then at some point the light goes on and they take off.
Which is why assuming that Frost and Farabee would make an immediate impact is probably the triumph of optimism over experience.

No he wasn't. He was the same player then as he was last year, when he was undeniably a very solid middle-6 winger. He didn't go from being the best player in the SHL to being bad to being good in the space of 2 years.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No he wasn't. He was the same player then as he was last year, when he was undeniably a very solid middle-6 winger. He didn't go from being the best player in the SHL to being bad to being good in the space of 2 years.

Look, Hakstol said he was bad that's why he demoted him. And coaches, specifically Hakstol, are incapable of poor decisions and evaluations.

I trust a guy with NHL head coaching experience over some internet fan boy with a vendetta.

Oh, and also, to be clear, :sarcasm:.

Reactions: Striiker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Look, Hakstol said he was bad that's why he demoted him. And coaches, specifically Hakstol, are incapable of poor decisions and evaluations.

I trust a guy with NHL head coaching experience over some internet fan boy with a vendetta.

Oh, and also, to be clear, :sarcasm:.
Hakstol watches the tapes.

Those same tapes told him AMac was a #3/4 Dman.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Farabee didn't get sent down b/c he didn't score, it was because AV wanted a more physical team for a stretch of 4 games in 5 on the distant road, and because he didn't think Farabee was a slam dunk NHL player at this time, and a little AHL time wouldn't hurt him. If a guy is consistently hitting posts, it's a matter of luck, not skill.

Lindblom in those four playoff games (confirming what I saw):
CF 38.98% xGF 37.21%

Lindblom was a dominant SHL player at 20, struggled at first in the AHL before getting adjusted to NA hockey, played well in the NHL but was forcing things on offense and blowing scoring chances (why his xGF > GF). After being demoted last year, the light went on and he had a great second half. Note that Gordon actually played him less than Hakstol during December, despite having coached him in the AHL. Primarily b/c JVR had returned and pushed him down the lineup and neither coach figured out where to play him on the bottom six.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would promote Rubtsov or Vorobyev to 4C, and leave Frost in the AHL for now.

Giroux-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Laughton-Farabee
Twarynski-Rubtsov/Vorobyev-Raffl

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What could you realistically get for Rubtsov (especially in a 4th line role)? The equivalent of a 2nd round pick?

Rather hold on to him. He's going to be a useful, versatile player, that will be cheap for the next 6 years of club control. Raffl-esque with more skill and a natural center.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would promote Rubtsov or Vorobyev to 4C, and leave Frost in the AHL for now.

Giroux-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Laughton-Farabee
Twarynski-Rubtsov/Vorobyev-Raffl

Of course they have to demote Twarynski and shove Stewart in the lineup. :eek:

Reactions: Rebels57

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Farabee didn't get sent down b/c he didn't score, it was because AV wanted a more physical team for a stretch of 4 games in 5 on the distant road, and because he didn't think Farabee was a slam dunk NHL player at this time, and a little AHL time wouldn't hurt him. If a guy is consistently hitting posts, it's a matter of luck.

Why are you making things up? This is delusion on a different scale.

There is literally video evidence showing him directly saying that he was sent down to gain a little confidence in scoring. Words that actually came out of AVs mouth.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why are you making things up? This is delusion on a different scale.

There is literally video evidence showing him directly saying that he was sent down to gain a little confidence in scoring. Words that actually came out of AVs mouth.

Wow. I believe everything HCs say.
They kept 2 200+ lb 21 year olds and sent down the 19 year old. For a stretch that included 3 loooong road games. Connect the dots.

I don't think hitting posts hurts a player's confidence (might frustrate them a bit . . .), missing wide open shots, etc., that will hurt your confidence.
Farabee wasn't squeezing his stick, he was just having bad puck luck, as we've seen with TK, post fever is usually followed by a stretch of goal scoring.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Hakstol watches the tapes.

Those same tapes told him AMac was a #3/4 Dman.

He has been watching this tape 24/7

51loPhFUmrL._SY355_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad