Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The worm is finally starting to turn for our boy, oh yes.

giphy.gif

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
The instincts are there...you see it. That apple he put out to Patrick for the game winner against Ducks was sweet. Kid never stopped battling in that game. Just let these kids play Hak..... and learn while developing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hak loves Lindblom, put him on the 2nd line immediately, and even put him ahead of JVR when it was obvious he had better chemistry with Patrick.

You can be smart, hard working with good fundamentals and still score, believe it or not.
Lindblom and Provorov are good examples of that phenomenon.
And TK in his 3rd season is becoming that kind of player, as is Patrick.
Even Ghost has become a fundamentally sound defender.

Maybe that's the key to getting more PT with Hakstol?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
What's everyone's hopeful and realistic projection for Lindblom?

For me - my upper projection is a guy who can play on the top two lines and maybe be a 55-60 point guy (would have to play on PP1 for that, tho).

My more realistic projection would be a Raffl type player with a bit more offensive punch to his game (maybe upper 30ies in terms of raw points), a very good middle 6 winger, 2pp and pk abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: wufuhimself

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

For me - my upper projection is a guy who can play on the two lines and maybe be a 55-60 point guy (would have to play on PP1 for that, tho).

My more realistic projection would be a Raffl type player with a bit more offensive punch to his game (maybe upper 30ies in terms of raw points), a very good middle 6 winger, 2pp and pk abilities.

Anything above ~55 is fairly unlikely. I'd be very happy with him being a 20g 40/50 point player.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

For me - my upper projection is a guy who can play on the two lines and maybe be a 55-60 point guy (would have to play on PP1 for that, tho).

I am hoping for like vintage Matt Read type production. I don't think he will be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer or anything (unless they really put him in position to be), but I think he sort of sticks around the 2nd/3rd line minute role with probably PP2 time. Has a couple great years but typically ends up around 40 points

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I see him as a 20-25 guy.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
@Rebels57 I think that's a fair assessment for this year. He plays hard along the boards and reminds me a bit of Raffl in his sheer style of play but with a little more shiftiness and hockey sense. I think he'll be a middle of the road 40 point guy with maybe some good 50-60 pt years depending on who he plays with and also if he finds his scoring touch.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I'm looking at him as a Knublesque guy. Not the fastest player but skilled enough to play in the top 6, a monster along the boards, a deflection dynamo, and does most of his damage right around the crease. See him settling in somewhere between 40 and 60 points depending on his role.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Was really loving him the other week when he almost scratched him and was playing him 8 minutes, less than Weise.
This is partly why I can't even guess. What kind of time does he get? I think ultimately he'll have some pretty good line mates, tools to set them up, and he's damn good around the net.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Starting to really show his playmaking ability in the NHL too now.

When I first saw him in the SHL in his first I actually thought he was getting lucky with his passing at times, first ~10 games vs pros he had some insane no-look passes, one from down on the ice etc.

And then started to realise that it was happening often and he was a deceptively good passer.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

For me - my upper projection is a guy who can play on the top two lines and maybe be a 55-60 point guy (would have to play on PP1 for that, tho).

2nd line winger on a cup winning team. Audible sigh while adding hopefully in philly though.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You do realize that Lindblom has only played 41 NHL games so far in his career.
So this is basically half-way through his rookie season.
And he's a fixture on the 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad