Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a good chance Lindblom and Patrick take a big jump in scoring next year, learning to finish is part of player development.
Less so for Laughton, if at 24 if he can't finish consistently he's more like Raffl.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have confidence that Oskar and Nolan will start filling the next more next years.
Maybe, maybe not. But both are playing on the top 2 lines right now and need to produce when there. And thy have not been the last 13-15 games.

We need to add more scoring next year...adding Frost should help. But we need another.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sometimes you have to be patient with a young team, Mr. Scott.
We should field four lines next year with the potential to score.
Given we have proven veteran scorers like Giroux, Couts, Voracek and JVR, a little patience with players like TK, Lindblom, Patrick, Frost and Farabee isn't going to cripple the team.

Flyers will also have one of the most offensively talented D-groups in the NHL, so I'm more concerned with tightening up the defense, especially forwards backchecking and being in position to receive outlet passes.

Flyers have scored 7 fewer goals than Vegas, with Hart in goal and a faster overall team, they can win with a similar style.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He has been overpassing in recent weeks and unsurprisingly, the goals dried up.
Seems like a confidence thing.

Struggled for a while, got one goal and went on a hot streak (he looked dominant when he was confident), then it ends and he loses confidence in his scoring ability.

Plus, he isn’t a bad skater, but his acceleration isn’t great, so this Gordon system where forwards have to keep entering the offensive zone from a standstill is particularly rough on guys like him. I think a new coach/system/line next year will do a lot for him. A fresh start will help a lot of guys.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I like what Lindblom has done in his first full season in Philadelphia.

Would be nice if Lindblom could end up as the LW Version of Couturier in a few years.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom is a "glue" guy, every line needs at least one of these guys who does the dirty work of retrieving the puck and going to the net to set screens and score on rebounds.

I laugh when people propose lines of JVR - Duchene - Voracek, who's going to go get the puck, who's going to the net (JVR likes to position himself near the net for the slot shot), who's going to back check.

Whereas when you put Lindblom or Couts on a line, you can cover for players like TK or Voracek and let them focus on what they do best, making plays with the puck. It makes it easier for a HC to build lines.

It would be great to have 9 all around forwards with size, speed, two way play, willingness to take punishment in the corners and go to the net and play whack-a-forward. Unfortunately, these kind of players are sorta rare.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or maybe he's just adjusting to NHL speed and windows, Lindblom struggled last spring and this fall, getting numerous scoring opportunities and flubbing them, then it seems things slowed down and the puck started to go into the net.

Experience matters, which is why rookies give HCs grey hairs in all sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad