Proposal: Parayko to PIT

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Parayko is bar none the most overrated player on this board. Good upcoming kid, but his 15 points a year don't get you generational talent - unbelievable lol

Always makes me laugh when the ask from Blues is players like Matthews, McDavid, Malkin, Drai, etc... What difference has Parayko made to the Blues? Because one of these things is not like the other... A guy on the second pairing is commanding a #1C? Yeah, not happening. To be honest, I highly doubt the Blues management or ANY management around the NHL values him anywhere near that.

A really good wing + RHD coming back the other way is about as much as you could hope for. Quality RHD are rare enough where the bidding war would only include a few teams if that was part of the ask. If the ask is draft picks or prospects - you've got nearly every NHL team in the fold. Most NHL teams have a really good wing to offer up as well - so either a decent C or good wing + RHD is what you can expect - unless of course he somehow morphs into the generational defensemen folks around here peg him as.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Pit doesn't have the players outside of moving Malkin to get Parayko. (this is from a neutral perspective btw)

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
So having a stacked team with Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Guentzal hornqvuist letang. Marc andre and Matt murray had nothing to do with it. LOL schultz is not the better dman. No way, he has only bet colt in points in 1 year and never beat him in defensive stats. LOl this is great just when i thought the EDM thread was entertaining with this Guy saying nurse is better than Colt55 now your literally topped it with schultz is better lol. You have just made my day.Please continue to insert foot in mouth

Nurse hasn't done anything remotely comparable to Schultz. I know being a Blues fan you probably weren't watching much playoffs in 2017 but Letang wasn't playing, and as good as Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Guentzel are none of them are defensemen and someone did have to carry the mail for the Penguins on defense, that someone being Schultz. You're literally screeching MUH PLAYER IS BETTER, by all means keep it up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Parayko is bar none the most overrated player on this board. Good upcoming kid, but his 15 points a year don't get you generational talent - unbelievable lol

Always makes me laugh when the ask from Blues is players like Matthews, McDavid, Malkin, Drai, etc... What difference has Parayko made to the Blues? Because one of these things is not like the other... A guy on the second pairing is commanding a #1C? Yeah, not happening. To be honest, I highly doubt the Blues management or ANY management around the NHL values him anywhere near that.

A really good wing + RHD coming back the other way is about as much as you could hope for. Quality RHD are rare enough where the bidding war would only include a few teams if that was part of the ask. If the ask is draft picks or prospects - you've got nearly every NHL team in the fold. Most NHL teams have a really good wing to offer up as well - so either a decent C or good wing + RHD is what you can expect - unless of course he somehow morphs into the generational defensemen folks around here peg him as.

No one asked for McDavid, Matthews, or Malkin.

Where are you getting 15 points a year from?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm honestly surprised anyone managed to find a youtube clip of Jaime Oleksiak that wasn't him fighting. :laugh:

Reactions: OmniCube

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

It's almost like you dont comprehend the argument.

Doug Armstrong has 1 position to fill if he moves Parayko. If he doesn't fill that position then he's not trading Parayko. That really can be the end of the argument. It you dont think that's his value, that's ok too. Blues aren't moving him outside of that. There aren't any rumors supporting they are even remotely interested in moving him.

15 pts a year........lolz

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
You posted the same vid last page? Good for Oleksiak. I look forward to seeing him play for team Canada in the next few years.
I'm sure his invitation just keeps getting lost in the mail. Forwarding addresses from Dallas to Pittsburgh and whatnot. He'll be playing on Team Canada's top pairing like Parayko in the very near future. :eyeroll:

member 157595

Not a Blues fan but pretty much every single Parayko thread is the following:

- fans want Parayko
- blues fans ask for young star center, an appropriate price in return
- fans bitch and moan and belittle parayko
- blues fans laugh
- thread gets closed

Nobody moves a young, highly-talented RHD signed to a great contract for equal value. Why should the Blues care about "fair value"? What moron GM would move Colton Parayko for "fair" value? Either some team blows the Blues away or the guy stays in St. Louis.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I can see why the Blues have only made it out of the 2nd round once in the last 5 years now...

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014

The only conversation worth having about a trade involving Colton Parayko is a trade that returns a #1C.

The Blues don't need to move him, at all.
He is coveted around the league because other teams recognize his ability.
Edmonton is really the only team that has a spare #1C to trade, if they were so inclined.
CP55 is a #2D in the same sense that Leon Draisatl is a #2C--i.e., both clubs have the luxury of having redundant players on their roster. Both fan bases love the talent and potential of these extra pieces. If Alex Pietrangelo were to retire tomorrow, Parayko would be the Blues #1RHD no matter who else we brought in.

There is a hockey deal to be made between these two clubs.
It may not happen, and in fact it most likely will not.
But if it did, both clubs would be better off for it.
Recognition of that fact is why the idea keeps popping up again and again.
In spite of the bad taste it leaves in our mouths, it makes sense on some level.
None of which is to suggest that their value is equal.

In any event, Colton IS a RHD--so why would we be wanting one back if we were dealing him? Why downgrade? And our position of need is Center, not wing. The Blues are not the least bit interested in trading Parayko, unless it's a stupid deal that just can't be refused, or the #1C we need. Draisatl is that guy. And if he is a #1C, then Parayko is a #1D.

As for what he's done for the Blues, he stepped in and gave them solid, reliable defense as a rookie, and played the game his coach asked him to play. Any woes the Blues had in the last two seasons are entirely attributable to goal scoring and goal tending, not the defense.

Reactions: Colt55

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
This type of intellectual dishonesty pretty much invalidates your opinion on anything related to the player. He might be overrated by some based on his 33, 35 and 35 point seasons, but you're not winning any arguments claiming he provides "15 points a year". Maybe sit this one out.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I can see why the Blues have only made it out of the 2nd round once in the last 5 years now...
17161-Clown_Schuhe_gelb_und_rot_mit_Sternen-Zirkus_Schuhe-Clown_Shoes_yellow_and_red_with_Stars.jpg

Where'd you see that, on youtube while you were desperately searching for highlights of Oleksiak that weren't him fighting?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Nobody even asked for him. It's Blues fans trying to trade him :laugh: he's not worth anything close to what OP is suggesting. We already have a Parayko in Oleksiak. Full season with the Pens and Oleksiak will be able to put up 30+ points.

Jesus man... jesus this is ridiculous.

Parayko is basically a Shea Weber than can skate.

I get why Stl fans don't want to trade him. Hell if I had him I wouldn't want to trade him either, but I still think Kessel + Schultz is too much to give up.

The hope is that Parayko can become a Shea Weber that can skate. He's pretty damn close though, he needs to hone in his ability to hit the net like Weber and also a little more physicality wouldn't hurt in the strive to become Weber. That being said, thinking that is too much to give is completely reasonable. As is seeing what we have in this kid in terms of raw skillset with production still being pretty good paired with his current defense.

I know but there should be a hockey IQ test.

Could you find a clip of Parayko embarrassing Letang or Schultz?

I swear if this isn't a tounge in cheek comment this is ridiculous. Player A makes best move of his career on player B and suddenly becomes better than player B unless player B did the same one time against player C.

What are you talking about 15 points a year? He's had 33, 35 and 35 in 3 years. The thing here is we are completely happy with Parayko, do we at times expect him to make a jump due to skillset/potential absolutely. Regardless his on ice performance without making the jump that it's pretty visible he has all the tools necessary to do so is still very very solid. We need a good young center, therefore we hope to get that sort of a return. We need Parayko a hell of a lot more than draft picks. Honestly, the only thing we would use a draft pick on is a defensemen to add depth outside of our top 4. We currently have this depth in Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz but the future behind that outside of Mikkola/Walman is pretty bleak.

The second bolded portion you completely contradict yourself and it seems to be under the notion that we want to trade him. We do not. I don't understand how a premium asset (rare) would make it to where the bidding war would only include a few teams. That being said I don't see Pittsburgh as a team that should pay the premium in order to get Parayko given their depth on the Right side. I would assume it would make sense for them to go after a similar LHD.

EDIT: just realized they have that in Oleksiak I guess the last sentence should be excluded.

Last edited:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
70+92+23+9 = 194. I know your not subject to long playoff runs. But I counted the full season as regular season + playoffs. I wouldn't expect people who think they have the next Bobby Orr in Parayko to understand.
Actually we hit conference finals not to long ago. But you said he scored 200 pts playoffs and regular season are seperate my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad