Proposal: Parayko to PIT

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You're judging defensemen's ability by the number of points they score and comparing Oleksiak to Parayko...lol

:facepalm:

Yeah, how else are you suppose to compare them? Oleksiak and Parayko are both 6'7. Nice hands and cannon for a shot.

We don't need two of the same players.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Schultz is better than Parayko and Kessel has put up 200 points in two years.
Wow your pretty wrong on that one. He put up 59 points in 15-16, he put up 70 in 16-17 and he put up 92pts in 17-18.

Now im sure im not a math expert but neither combination of those three years ever equals 200 it tallies as follows.

15-16 + 16-17 = 129 pts thats 71 points shy of 200
15-16 +17-18= 151 pts thats 49 points shy of 200
16-17+17-18 = =163 pts thats 37 pts shy of 200

Im pretty sure your full of dog doo doo. You cant even round up on these LOL

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah, how else are you suppose to compare them? Oleksiak and Parayko are both 6'7. Nice hands and cannon for a shot.

We don't need two of the same players.

So now you're comparing Parayko and Oleksiak by height (Parayko is not 6'7" btw), youtube highlights, points and +/-...

:biglaugh:

Stop trying to pretend like you know anything about Colton Parayko. Your ignorance is showing. Fanrkly, this discussion is not worth having.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Parayko is basically a Shea Weber than can skate.

I get why Stl fans don't want to trade him. Hell if I had him I wouldn't want to trade him either, but I still think Kessel + Schultz is too much to give up.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
So a guy who's total career points is one more than Parayko's production last season alone is the same player?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Parayko is basically a Shea Weber than can skate.

I get why Stl fans don't want to trade him. Hell if I had him I wouldn't want to trade him either, but I still think Kessel + Schultz is too much to give up.

Value-wise it doesn't make sense for you guys, but player-wise, it doesn't make sense for us.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Please Please dont ever compare Justin Schultz to Parayko.

Schultz SUCKS in his own zone, hence the terrible shot suppression, tradition numbers.
Schultz gets incredibly generous zone starts, and cushy matchups.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Wow your pretty wrong on that one. He put up 59 points in 15-16, he put up 70 in 16-17 and he put up 92pts in 17-18.

Now im sure im not a math expert but neither combination of those three years ever equals 200 it tallies as follows.

15-16 + 16-17 = 129 pts thats 71 points shy of 200
15-16 +17-18= 151 pts thats 49 points shy of 200
16-17+17-18 = =163 pts thats 37 pts shy of 200

Im pretty sure your full of dog doo doo. You cant even round up on these LOL

70+92+23+9 = 194. I know your not subject to long playoff runs. But I counted the full season as regular season + playoffs. I wouldn't expect people who think they have the next Bobby Orr in Parayko to understand.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Oleksiak is basically Hedman then, why does Pittsburgh even want Parayko?

He's no Hedman but he's the same type of player as Parayko. Full season with the Pens and he will put up the same stat line. Parayko might be slightly better but not worth our best pmd and QB of our PP. We don't want him. I haven't seen OP in Pens section all year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's no Hedman but he's the same type of player as Parayko. Full season with the Pens and he will put up the same stat line. Parayko might be slightly better but not worth our best pmd and QB of our PP. We don't want him. I haven't seen OP in Pens section all year.
Parayko is the same type of player as Hedman, therefore Oleksiak is the same as Hedman in your opinion.

This has been very entertaining.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oh hey, another Parayko to (insert any team) that has turned into a pissing match. Blues fans say no thanks, Parayko is then downplayed and isnt even needed.

Ok we get it Parayko is mediocre, kindly stop asking for him.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Value-wise it doesn't make sense for you guys, but player-wise, it doesn't make sense for us.
Exactly this.

Please Please dont ever compare Justin Schultz to Parayko.

Schultz SUCKS in his own zone, hence the terrible shot suppression, tradition numbers.
Schultz gets incredibly generous zone starts, and cushy matchups.

He's improved a lot defensively, especially this past season. He's actually been very solid for us in the playoffs. His offensive numbers may have dipped down a bit but he was so good defensively no one really cared for it.

Schultz may have sucked in the past, but for the past 2 years he's been arguably our best dman.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I just realized it was the Blues #1 D getting embarrassed in this clip :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know there's an age requirement to join this website, right?

I'm sure it would be REALLY hard to find a clip of Letang or Schultz getting embarrassed... :sarcasm:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You know there's an age requirement to join this website, right?

I'm sure it would be REALLY hard to find a clip of Letang or Schultz getting embarrassed... :sarcasm:

I know but there should be a hockey IQ test.

Could you find a clip of Parayko embarrassing Letang or Schultz?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah, well I don't think anybody has seen you in the Pens section all year. I don't know that they would want to claim you either, haha.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Why would St. Louis trade the second coming of Bobby Orr?
What do you have against Parayko? You keep popping up in threads and I really don't understand your fixation on a player you've basically admitted you don't know much about.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
To STL: Kessel + Schultz / Maatta

To PIT: Parayko + ?

I assume the question mark would be a middle six type winger with a modest salary but enough to make it work for STL's cap.

More pieces/picks could easily be involved ....thoughts?

You misspelled "Edmonton" and "Draisatl".
Because that is the only scenario where Parayko gets dealt any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad