Proposal: Parayko to PIT

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Parayko is not better than Schultz. What people think he is because he's a massive rhd with a big shot and what he actually brings on the ice are 2 different things
Are you kidding me you are talking about a player who couldnt even hack it in edm and had one good year. His defensive stats are not very good. I guarantee very few people value justin schultz as they do parayko. He is just blessed to be on an offensive juggernaut

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Guy wants us to trade 200 points in two years and our 2nd and 3rd-4th best defensemen for Parayko. You throwing Tarasenko in? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Are you kidding me you are talking about a player who couldnt even hack it in edm and had one good year. His defensive stats are not very good. I guarantee very few people value justin schultz as they do parayko. He is just blessed to be on an offensive juggernaut

Yeah I'm talking about a guy who was a #1 D on a cup winner. No shit people value Parayko higher he's every hf cliche rolled into one player, but the Pens aren't getting much of an upgrade on the ice if any

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I'm talking about a guy who was a #1 D on a cup winner. No **** people value Parayko higher he's every hf cliche rolled into one player, but the Pens aren't getting much of an upgrade on the ice if any
Then describe Parayko as a player if you think Schultz is better.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
So youre just ignoring that the plus is Justin Schultz? If you don't agree with the trade fine, but don't act like it's Brassard and scraps.
No, not even slightly interested. You’ve misunderstood my point.

Shultz is a fine player, I never said he was scraps. My point was the Brassard is not a good enough base for Parayko, not that the plus wasn’t good enough.

This thread is going to devolve very quickly if you’re this defensive about Shultz.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Carlson after his first couple years in the league but with better D to take the load off him.
:biglaugh:

Not even close.

At times people who don’t watch Parayko regularly see the shot and the skating and don’t see how good he is defensively. It’s not a coincidence that Pietrangelo scored new career highs last season while Parayko took on the toughest usage and biggest defensive responsibility of his career.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Guy wants us to trade 200 points in two years and our 2nd and 3rd-4th best defensemen for Parayko. You throwing Tarasenko in? :laugh: Don't do drugs kids.
I just don't think the Blues are trading him unless you wow them with an offer. It'll probably take more than you're willing to give up.

Reactions: 67Blues

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
:biglaugh:

Not even close.

At times people who don’t watch Parayko regularly see the shot and the skating and don’t see how good he is defensively. It’s not a coincidence that Pietrangelo scored new career highs last season while Parayko took on the toughest usage and biggest defensive responsibility of his career.

Yeah Carlson had the primary defensive role then too

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Parayko plays more like Hedman did before he broke-out offensively. Great defense, and clear offensive skill-set, only question is if those skills eventually translate into more production.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Guy wants us to trade 200 points in two years and our 2nd and 3rd-4th best defensemen for Parayko. You throwing Tarasenko in? :laugh:
We didnt suggest this trade. I personally dont like kessel and Schultz is not a very good dman

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I just don't think the Blues are trading him unless you wow them with an offer. It'll probably take more than you're willing to give up.

Nobody even asked for him. It's Blues fans trying to trade him :laugh: he's not worth anything close to what OP is suggesting. We already have a Parayko in Oleksiak. Full season with the Pens and Oleksiak will be able to put up 30+ points.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No, not even slightly interested. You’ve misunderstood my point.

Shultz is a fine player, I never said he was scraps. My point was the Brassard is not a good enough base for Parayko, not that the plus wasn’t good enough.

This thread is going to devolve very quickly if you’re this defensive about Shultz.
We really need a potential #1 c center. Parayko will be a #1d and would be on our team if we didnt have Petro who is 5-10 best dman in the league.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now Schultz is better than Parayko? Man, I want whatever the kool-aid is in Pittsburgh.

And Kessel hasn't scored 200 points in 2 years.

Reactions: Colt55

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Nobody even asked for him. It's Blues fans trying to trade him :laugh: he's not worth anything close to what OP is suggesting. We already have a Parayko in Oleksiak. Full season with the Pens and Oleksiak will be able to put up 30+ points.
OP is not a Blues fan, they’re a pens fan trying to trade for Parayko.

There’s been numerous threads about Parayko made lately, almost none of them made by Blues fans.

If you actually think Oleksiak = Parayko, that speaks volumes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What are you even talking about? None of this is true.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Ok well thats fine. WHy dont you post some stats that prove that. Why dont we ask no pitts fans. Any way this thread is dumb. Have a great day pitts.

Parayko has put up 30 points every season with +7 and -7 last two seasons. Schultz had 51 points and +27 last year and 13 points in the playoffs taking over Letangs role. Schultz is the QB of our PP. He was responsible for at least 1/4th of our goals in the Caps series. We already have a Parayko in Oleksiak.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Parayko has put up 30 points every season with +7 and -7 last two seasons. Schultz had 51 points and +27 last year and 13 points in the playoffs taking over Letangs role. Schultz is the QB of our PP. He was responsible for at least 1/4th of our goals in the Caps series. We already have a Parayko in Oleksiak.
You're judging defensemen's ability by the number of points they score and comparing Oleksiak to Parayko...lol

:facepalm:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yeah I'm talking about a guy who was a #1 D on a cup winner. No **** people value Parayko higher he's every hf cliche rolled into one player, but the Pens aren't getting much of an upgrade on the ice if any
So having a stacked team with Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Guentzal hornqvuist letang. Marc andre and Matt murray had nothing to do with it. LOL schultz is not the better dman. No way, he has only bet colt in points in 1 year and never beat him in defensive stats. LOl this is great just when i thought the EDM thread was entertaining with this Guy saying nurse is better than Colt55 now your literally topped it with schultz is better lol. You have just made my day.Please continue to insert foot in mouth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad