Proposal: Parayko to PIT

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I find it odd that a team like Dallas that was fighting for a playoff spot would give up on such a defensive stalwart like Oleksiak for a conditional 4th rounder.

Hoping considering the fact that we need Parayko someone would at least offer a 2020 3rd rounder.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Did you see my first post? We only want a top center for Parayko, but the one's on Pittsburgh are too good, so that's why I didn't ask for them. I literally started the thread off by saying it wouldn't happen.
I read it. I have no idea why others can't.

I still can't get over the "Parayko is Schultz/Oleksiak" Penguins fans. I might not get over it for months.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Incredible that the guy who has 1 more point in his career than Parayko has had as his season total twice is just as good as him. Incredible trash posting going on in here. Please let me know when our "Bobby Orr" can be offloaded for a 6th round pick and a cap dump

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Isn't that the point?

I thought Oilers fans were bad. This is embarassing.

Your #1 d getting dangled by another d going to coast to coast is comparable to Schultz losing a foot race. Actually about the same with Reaves but he used his body to shield Schultz and go to the net and score?

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Did you see my first post? We only want a top center for Parayko, but the one's on Pittsburgh are too good, so that's why I didn't ask for them. I literally started the thread off by saying it wouldn't happen.
you can ask for something and still believe you won't be able to get it. you can't tell me that you weren't implying you'd want either Malkin or Crosby for Parayko.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Parayko is bar none the most overrated player on this board. Good upcoming kid, but his 15 points a year don't get you generational talent - unbelievable lol

Always makes me laugh when the ask from Blues is players like Matthews, McDavid, Malkin, Drai, etc... What difference has Parayko made to the Blues? Because one of these things is not like the other... A guy on the second pairing is commanding a #1C? Yeah, not happening. To be honest, I highly doubt the Blues management or ANY management around the NHL values him anywhere near that.

A really good wing + RHD coming back the other way is about as much as you could hope for. Quality RHD are rare enough where the bidding war would only include a few teams if that was part of the ask. If the ask is draft picks or prospects - you've got nearly every NHL team in the fold. Most NHL teams have a really good wing to offer up as well - so either a decent C or good wing + RHD is what you can expect - unless of course he somehow morphs into the generational defensemen folks around here peg him as.
Where was this said? And Draisaitl is generational?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I said 200 points in two years. Reading comprehension is key.
yeah 2 years doesnt say with playoffs. You just wanted to say 200 pts and fyi, Math genius even if you did state regular season and playoffs, iin rounding up or down you would round 191-194 to 190 and 195-199 to 200. Do they not teach you math in pitt.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
you can ask for something and still believe you won't be able to get it. you can't tell me that you weren't implying you'd want either Malkin or Crosby for Parayko.

Yes, we'd obviously want that, it's the only position Pittsburgh has that would fit our criteria, but if you can't pick up on me clearly stating that it wouldn't work because they are worth way more, then I can't help you.

There is a difference between genuinely asking for something and clearly stating that the only pieces that fit what we need wouldn't work because they are worth more.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I will say the only thing we want for parayko is a young 1c potential center that has actually played center. Drais fits that mold so does Kuzenstov but he just had a 90 point season and caps wont part with him. I would be hesitent of malkin with age and injury issues.

PITS and STL just are not good trding partners

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Blues get dominated by the Preds while we beat them convincingly to lift another Stanley Cup. With Schultz getting #1 d minutes. I know the Rams left and there's nothing to watch anymore so a lot of casual Blue fans but shesh.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Blues get dominated by the Preds while we beat them convincingly to lift another Stanley Cup. With Schultz getting #1 d minutes. I know the Rams left and there's nothing to watch anymore so a lot of casual Blue fans but shesh.

Who cares about Schultz, I want Oleksiak.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Yes, we'd obviously want that, it's the only position Pittsburgh has that would fit our criteria, but if you can't pick up on me clearly stating that it wouldn't work because they are worth way more, then I can't help you.

You originally stated that you think we are crazy for thinking Parayko has value of those players, but we don't think that.
I didn't actually say that. :p

Sounds like we're both attempting to read between the lines.

Nothing wrong with wanting the moon for someone who isn't available. Just be honest about it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Nothing wrong with wanting the moon for someone who isn't available. Just be honest about it.
No, I edited it, I thought you were the person I originally responded to.

Seriously dude, read the first post in this thread.

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I will say the only thing we want for parayko is a young 1c potential center that has actually played center. Drais fits that mold so does Kuzenstov but he just had a 90 point season and caps wont part with him. I would be hesitent of malkin with age and injury issues.

PITS and STL just are not good trding partners
I obviously disagree with your stance on Malkin, but everything else makes sense. I agree, Pittsburgh and St. Louis aren't very good trade partners.

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
I savor over the idea of a Dumoulin-Parayko pairing.

Parayko is awesome. Too awesome. He might as well be Bobby Orr as we don't have the assets the get him all the same.
These other PIT "fans" just can't accept that reality I suppose.

In a non-Pens perspective, the Blues would be wise to keep him and that sweet contract.

Reactions: stl76

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
No, I edited it, I thought you were the person I originally responded to.

Seriously dude, read the first post in this thread.
I intended my original post to be more of a joke, so I didn't think you would take it that seriously. It's immaterial anyway. St. Louis isn't trading Parayko to the Pens.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

What? Is there a third one of these guys?

The poster literally says that the Blues need in return for Parayko is a #1 center. And that it won't work with the Penguins because their #1 center is somewhat likely unavailable.

What are you on?

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
What? Is there a third one of these guys?

The poster literally says that the Blues need in return for Parayko is a #1 center. And that it won't work with the Penguins because their #1 center is somewhat likely unavailable.

What are you on?
I think there's a lot of aggression over a misinterpretation of one post. Take it easy, lads. I've already stated that Parayko isn't coming to Pittsburgh in any realistic sense.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'll make sure to bump this thread when Oleksiak puts up a similar stat line next year. I'm not going to argue with you guys anymore. Cheer up, LA Rams are looking like a contender.
Penny Oleksiak might have a better shot.

The immaturity you've displayed in this thread is a discredit to your entire fanbase.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Wow Just wow, YOu are so b hurt that everyone disagrees with you on parayko that you feel you need to flame an entire fan base with child like combacks lol. Hey i think i hear your mommy calling you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad