Proposal: Parayko to PIT

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
To STL: Kessel + Schultz / Maatta

To PIT: Parayko + ?

I assume the question mark would be a middle six type winger with a modest salary but enough to make it work for STL's cap.

More pieces/picks could easily be involved ....thoughts?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Parayko isn't a guy on the block. He's a guy to be moved if in doing so he can get us a legit 1C. So to see him brought up for 2Cs or guys who don't even play C, just why? We just extended him last off-season. He's a part of the core, unless we get a piece (1C) which we haven't really had in ~15 years.

Reactions: Colt55

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
I generally agree ...was jist basing this off of those rumors he could be available. I think the value is fair (Schultz isn't parayko but he wouldn't be a large drop off) and you get one of the top scoring players in the game.

If the only way STL would trade him is for a #1 C then count us out. I don't see any team really trading their #1 center though so likely he stays.put

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The rumor is that teams are asking the Blues about him, not that he's available. It would take overpayment to get him, and would require a #1 center.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I generally agree ...was jist basing this off of those rumors he could be available. I think the value is fair (Schultz isn't parayko but he wouldn't be a large drop off) and you get one of the top scoring players in the game.

If the only way STL would trade him is for a #1 C then count us out. I don't see any team really trading their #1 center though so likely he stays.put
There isnt a rumor that he's available

Reactions: 67Blues

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can't see a scenario where a trade would work out between the two teams. The Penguins aren't trading Crosby or Malkin for him and they don't need a top pair RD with Letang and Schultz on the roster.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
This will not be a popular opinion amongst Blues fans but I would be mildly interested in a package involving Kessel and Letang or Schultz after the draft and the free agency frenzy.

Not sure why Pittsburgh would be looking for RHD though.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Not to throw fuel on the dozens of weirdass fires, but I actually think it's possible there's an acceptable package for Parayko that doesn't include a #1 center. But it would basically have to include both a young replacement defenseman and a great young forward. You just won't see anybody on hfboards offering something like that - and when they do, Blues fans rarely agree about the likely future impact of those players. That doesn't mean a deal like that couldn't get done and benefit both sides, but when we wade into those waters, consensus disappears and we end up finding our way back to the #1 center thing because it's more tangible.

Reactions: Alklha

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I like the basis behind this trade. Adresses a need RW with a premium asset and solves the hole on the backend that would be left. That being said though, I don't think that PITT has the defensemen that I would want in return in this type of package. I'm not necessarily sold on Maata, nonetheless he's a left D which is not what we would need. Schultz too would be an awful partner for Vince Dunn as they are fairly similar in what they are.

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
Interested in Brassard. Lol at Brassard + returning Parayko.

So youre just ignoring that the plus is Justin Schultz? If you don't agree with the trade fine, but don't act like it's Brassard and scraps.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

The funny thing is we are perfectly fine with that. He is a beast. Very agile and fast for his size and if he would practice getting his shot off could be deadly

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This will not be a popular opinion amongst Blues fans but I would be mildly interested in a package involving Kessel and Letang or Schultz after the draft and the free agency frenzy.

No thanks, got older and worse on d.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Parayko is not better than Schultz. What people think he is because he's a massive rhd with a big shot and what he actually brings on the ice are 2 different things

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO

There would probably have to be cap going back to Pitt to make this deal work. Either way though, it's not something I'm particularly interested in considering Letang and Kessel are 31 and 30. I'd probably prefer someone a little younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad