OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Can anyone tell me exactly what this season is all about for the Lions franchise?....Stamps toyed with the Lions even with their C-plus game and the Esks are light years ahead of them as well. Best they can possibly hope for his either third and road playoff date, or as the crossover team. Either way, they're not winning a playoff game on the road. And they seem to care more about the CFL in Regina and Winnipeg anyway, so would probably be better for the league if they got in anyway.

They're using a 30-plus year old QB who's one hit away from retirement...and their coach is heading off into the sunset regardless of what happens this season. Bring on the hockey season!

Lulay isn't old in QB years. It's not uncommon for QB's to go into their late 30's. He's very injury prone which is a concern.

The Lions went into the season thinking they could win the Grey Cup this year, and with a revamped D-line and O-line they should have been contenders. Coaching is a problem. Mark Washington has put together an awful defensive scheme that makes it way too easy for opposing offenses. Our RPO offense also has not been successful. Lulay has operated it much better than Jennings but it's still failing to put up points. And Wally is past his best before date. It's looking like a lost season for the Lions.

We still could make the playoffs. We'll have to get ahead of Saskatchewan and stay ahead of Toronto, which is very doable. We're just about to come out of the toughest part of our season schedule, but at the end of the day like you say we won't win a game once we get there.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Was cool to meet Solly tonight. He came out, did a little speech to our teams about bullying, and stuck around and helped and cheered on our players while the competed in the Punt, Pass, Kick contest! Really nice guy, really down to earth and grounded. Wish I could have chatted with him more but had to go run my practice.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also it's been 2 (3?) years now and the new unis haven't grown on me. I miss the white helmets, white trimmed jerseys, and the simpler logo that actually has the "BC" in it.

but I'm a jersey nerd and I know that makes me weird :laugh:

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I guess I just haven't been paying enough attention to the Lions this season (honestly I mostly end up forgetting when games are on because I don't watch TSN as much as I used to), but that Edmonton DB was mocking Arceneaux and all I could think of was "Manny does a thing like the old Bushwackers from the WWF?"

tenor.gif

Reactions: The Stig

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Reactions: Cloned

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There we go! That play call involved something called "X-Goblin!"

I feel vindicated in my demands of what a live mic game should sound like. :D

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also, mild apologies to the Canucks people that might object to a Sharks mod coming into this thread and making snarky, debatably-OT joke comments all game in spite of not being a local (team-wise, not geographically of course).

Be aware that I refuse to take things seriously only with the best of intentions. Also that I'm not drunk or stoned or otherwise mentally compromised. I'm just this odd by nature :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Looks like Wally is mic'd up. He's just got a little mic pinned to his collar instead of feeding through the headset.

also RAINEY!

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Also, mild apologies to the Canucks people that might object to a Sharks mod coming into this thread and making snarky, debatably-OT joke comments all game in spite of not being a local (team-wise, not geographically of course).

Be aware that I refuse to take things seriously only with the best of intentions. Also that I'm not drunk or stoned or otherwise mentally compromised. I'm just this odd by nature :laugh:
You've been part of the furniture in here long as I remember.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My money's on CM since he has experience dealing with the politics board. ;)

To hear some Sharks board regulars from back when I met a bunch on a trip down to SJ, I'm apparently some sort of Paul Bunyan-esque giant man. So I might have a size/reach advantage. :sarcasm:

But I'm also not much of a fighter, so I'm willing to give CM 5/2 odds as a favorite

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Turn on the game and first play I see is a TD! Or so I think. I't been nothing but downhill since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad