OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think we're missing the most important aspect of this Johnny Manziel trade:

What in the 9 circles of hell did Montreal do to their logo? I can't believe they likely actually paid some graphic design firm for that monstrosity.

Lulay's a quarterback.

This is like watching Blue Jays games where Buck & Pat highlight a guy and say "he's a baseball player." :sarcasm:

Travis Lulay is a quarterback. Meanwhile Jonathan Jennings is actually a competitive jai alai player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm just waiting for Lulay to take another hit and be done for the year again....seems to me he's being held together with duct tape and tensor bandages. And unfortunately if that happens, you can safely close the book on the Wally Buono era in the CFL. Unless Jennings stages some sort of remarkable renaissance they don't have a reliable backup.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I'm just waiting for Lulay to take another hit and be done for the year again....seems to me he's being held together with duct tape and tensor bandages. And unfortunately if that happens, you can safely close the book on the Wally Buono era in the CFL. Unless Jennings stages some sort of remarkable renaissance they don't have a reliable backup.
WTF??

First of all, this season will close the book on the Buono era regardless of what happens, he is retiring no matter what.

Second of all, let's try and stay positive for Lulay's health, and not act like him falling apart is innevitable. The guy deserves all the luck in the world, and then some. He is truly one of the great people in the league and just in general. He seems to be the healthiest he's been in 3 or 4 years, and there's a decent chance it stays that way. Let's not dwell on what could happen or what bad luck he's had in the past.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well how much did the artist that created the Canucks "V" uniform get?:sarcasm:

I feel like it was probably $50 for the uniform design, $5,000 for the inflated, self-aggrandizing, faux-philosophical marketing boilerplate about what it represents and how it has deep psychological meaning.

Which means I need to hear from the Als' graphic design about what that impressionist nonsense logo is supposed to mean/represent.

Though the Johnny Manziel intro presser was backed by the regular Als logo and Manziel had the "A" logo on his lapel pin as well. So there's that.

Reactions: Hit the post

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Our attendance might suck. But at least it doesn't suck like Torontos. Huge come from behind win and there were 63 people there to see it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Our Association is doing the Punt, Pass, Kick on Tuesday, supposedly gonna be some Lions players there. That should be cool for our players. I wonder who they send out.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Our Association is doing the Punt, Pass, Kick on Tuesday, supposedly gonna be some Lions players there. That should be cool for our players. I wonder who they send out.

What most people will hope for/expect: Manny Arceneaux and Odell Willis

What probably happens: 5th string non-import receiver Danny Vandervoort and practice squad OL Andrew Peirson.

:sarcasm:

Meanwhile, across the country Johnny Pick-fest has looked pretty awful going 9/16 for 90 yards and 4 interceptions in the first half of Montreal/Hamilton.

Makes me glad that those quiet rumblings about some people wanting him in BC to replace Jennings never came to pass.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What most people will hope for/expect: Manny Arceneaux and Odell Willis

What probably happens: 5th string non-import receiver Danny Vandervoort and practice squad OL Andrew Peirson.

:sarcasm:

Meanwhile, across the country Johnny Pick-fest has looked pretty awful going 9/16 for 90 yards and 4 interceptions in the first half of Montreal/Hamilton.

Makes me glad that those quiet rumblings about some people wanting him in BC to replace Jennings never came to pass.

I wonder what the record is for most INTs by a QB in one game? He probably already has the record for most INTs in a first start lol.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is my first time watching a CFL game this season.

I was hoping for a miracle performance from Manziel.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like he got a mercy hook. So sadly the record appears safe.

I gotta say though. If Hamilton gets some key players injured tonight they deserve it 100%. Keeping Masoli in and running cute little offensive plays when you're up 41-3 is totally disrespectful. Play hard, but don't purposely embarrass the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad