OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Suitor: "Halo is the hail mary"

*play commences, it's a short screen pass which the guy promptly runs out of bounds*

Gripping analysis!

I'm not sure, but the most entertaining part of that first half might've been Matt Dunigan eating oreos in pre-game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Suitor: "Halo is the hail mary"

*play commences, it's a short screen pass which the guy promptly runs out of bounds*

Gripping analysis!

I'm not sure, but the most entertaining part of that first half might've been Matt Dunigan eating oreos in pre-game.

Jim Barker reminds me of those NFL analysts.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To hear some Sharks board regulars from back when I met a bunch on a trip down to SJ, I'm apparently some sort of Paul Bunyan-esque giant man. So I might have a size/reach advantage. :sarcasm:

But I'm also not much of a fighter, so I'm willing to give CM 5/2 odds as a favorite

I’m not sure I trust the opinion of a bunch of Californian millenials. ;)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
And now to top it off we get a commerical for the new surefire hit movie: "Marky Mark Saves Freedom" (I strongly believe all Mark Wahlberg movies are made better by expressing them in terms of "Marky Mark saves <relevant aspect of the movie>" Like Invincible is "Marky Mark saves the Philadelphia Eagles". the Transformers movies are "Marky Mark saves Giant Robots". The Happening is "Marky Mark doesn't save us from the trees" etc)

Also that 2PC playcall is what I've been hoping for all night with the live mics.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why go for 2 there? Being up 8 is good, is being up 9 that much better??

2 possession game vs 1 possession game, I guess. If you really wanna look at it this way, it's about as close to a "free" shot on the 2PC as you can get because they were already up by 7 so nothing short of an Edmonton TD/2PC causes a lead change.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
2 possession game vs 1 possession game, I guess. If you really wanna look at it this way, it's about as close to a "free" shot on the 2PC as you can get because they were already up by 7 so nothing short of an Edmonton TD/2PC causes a lead change.
But being up 8 FORCES a TD +2 to just tie. Worst case scenario if they score late is a tie game, you can't be trailing.

Feb 24, 2017
This feels so weird watching a sports game at 9:42pm and it isn’t in OT or anything.

I’ve been disillusioned with the current Canucks for too long, I guess.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
But being up 8 FORCES a TD +2 to just tie. Worst case scenario if they score late is a tie game, you can't be trailing.

True. I guess they just figured that already being up by a TD+PAT made it worth the gamble to prevent any tying scenario on the next possession. Even if they blew it (which they did) and Edmonton got a quick TD (which they didn't), chances are they weren't gonna go for 2 this early in the 4th.

Not that I necessarily agree, just that I can sorta, kinda, almost, I guess see where they might maybe be almost coming from. Unless I'm wrong, which I might be since this relies entirely on presumption of what Wally's thinking. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad