OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
You can see Rourke still isn't 100 percent, but still good enough to torch the Stampeders. No telling how good he'd be by now if he had been able to play the entire season.

Leos will be huge underdogs in Winterpeg next week.....but in the CFL anything is possible. That fearsome Winnipeg front-seven will hunt down Rourke and try to put him out of the game is my prediction.

But whatever the outcome, the Lions are playing with house money. Nobody really expected this.
Yep, at this point my hope for next week is that the Lions keep it close and Rourke doesn’t get injured.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Home from the game. The dome was LOUD. I swear, when there 18k people, it feels like a cavern in there. But when it's 30k+, it comes ALIVE. The atmosphere was amazing. I was sitting with an old guy with a Passaglia jersey on. Said he hasn't been to a game in 10 years. But this game felt like the old days.
And nope that guy wasn't me.:naughty:

Reactions: The Stig

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just goes to show how sports fans in Vancouver are starved for a winner. Any winner. Too many AWOL seasons from the Canucks and Whitecaps.

Too bad really......if the Canucks were ever a Stanley Cup contender; and the Caps a threat for the MLS Cup, they'd blow the doors off B.C Place and Rogers Arena.

But for now, the Lions are the only franchise in town with some serious upward momentum.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Just goes to show how sports fans in Vancouver are starved for a winner. Any winner. Too many AWOL seasons from the Canucks and Whitecaps.

Too bad really......if the Canucks were ever a Stanley Cup contender; and the Caps a threat for the MLS Cup, they'd blow the doors off B.C Place and Rogers Arena.

But for now, the Lions are the only franchise in town with some serious upward momentum.
Vancouver Canadians last won a league championship in 2017. Solid local ownership as well.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Any early predictions for next weekend? It seems like Winnipeg weather shouldn’t be too bad next weekend. Hopefully an atmosphere conducive to a QB showdown between Rourke and Collaros. I’d like to say that this game is probably closer to the real Grey Cup, but I just have this sneaking feeling that Montreal is going to surprise some people.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Any early predictions for next weekend? It seems like Winnipeg weather shouldn’t be too bad next weekend. Hopefully an atmosphere conducive to a QB showdown between Rourke and Collaros. I’d like to say that this game is probably closer to the real Grey Cup, but I just have this sneaking feeling that Montreal is going to surprise some people.
My concerns:
- Winnipeg's defense
- how bad is the wind (wild card)

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
It's funny. I always see people in BC talk about having a stadium like BMO Field and wanting the open air experience. But today I see multiple Argos fans on twitter saying BMO is lifeless, all the noise escapes and it's a blackhole for energy. As much as BC Place can be a cavern when there's 18,000 people, when even just the lower bowl is full, it's loud. And staying warm and dry in the fall is invaluable. Do wish the roof was fully retractable, but considering BC Place is owned by the province, we'd be paying for that upgrade.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hey!

Sorry man I completely forgot about our interaction on here. Were you at the Leo's/Blue Bombers game last week? I was there and had I remembered your offer (buy me a free beer, lol)., I would have taken you up on it. The people in Winnipeg are awesome! Very friendly people. I didn't get too much shit for wearing me Leo's jersey, lol. One thing I like about Winnipeg is that it seems like it's a hybrid of a big city and small town. Has many big city anemities but also has the "small town feel" in terms of people knowing each other, etc. At least that was my 3 day impression of the city.

Lol glad you enjoyed it. It's gonna be a lot less friendly on Sunday at IG Field haha. Yeah we went but with the nothing game I brought some coworkers who'd never seen "American" football played live before, so I had my hands full teaching the game a bit haha. Thought about going to look for a big orange cowboy hat you mentioned before haha, but it's a big stadium lol (not as big as BC Place but still).

Won't sit here and say good luck cause I'm gonna be losing my voice cheering for my Bombers on Sunday, but glad we get the match the entire CFL season has been building to here this week. Rourke vs Collaros, New Kids on the block against the battle tested defending Champs. It's as it should be. Should be a great game and I'd be incredibly shocked if the winner of this game this weekend in Winnipeg doesn't easily take the Cup. When healthy these were easily the two best teams in CFL.

Reactions: Lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions heading into the teeth of the dragon tomorrow in Winterpeg, as huge underdogs.....would be an upset for the ages in the CFL if they could pull it off.

The 'Peg is digging out from under 14 inches of snow, but the field at IG Stadium will likely be bare, frozen and hard as concrete. Rourke is heading in still not at 100 percent, and the Bombers will be targeting him all afternoon.

But I guess that's why they play the games---you just never know.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Lions heading into the teeth of the dragon tomorrow in Winterpeg, as huge underdogs.....would be an upset for the ages in the CFL if they could pull it off.

The 'Peg is digging out from under 14 inches of snow, but the field at IG Stadium will likely be bare, frozen and hard as concrete. Rourke is heading in still not at 100 percent, and the Bombers will be targeting him all afternoon.

for whatever reason the line is closer than i would have imagined

bombers by four, Including the “home field three points”

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Even though Winnipeg is 15-3 for the season, they're 3-2 in their last 5. I wonder if a super hot start is overrating the Blue Bombers. They have weapons on WR like Schoen, Ellingson and Bailey. The running backs in this game are the best in the league (Oliveria/Butler), so I'm thinking offence has their way.

BC Lions offence is stronger than the defence. But we'll need a better performance from the offence against Winnipeg than we did vs Calgary... 30+ points is what we need.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland

14 cm :)

14 inches is almost 36 cms, which they didn't get.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I just have a funny feeling this will come down to the last possession. The Peg is the team to beat but there’s a long storied tradition in this league of the West Final resulting in an upset. I think the biggest keys for BC involve keeping Winnipeg to single digits in the first quarter and winning the turnover battle. They do this I like their chances as the game goes longer!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leos need to keep Collaros and the Bombers offense off the field. It there's a whole bunch of 'two and outs' the Lions defense will simply get warn down.

The key will be 'ball control', first downs and controlling the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00