OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
WOOOOOOO !!!!! SAYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a frozen field, all bets are off. QBs finding it difficult to plant feet, especially Rourke.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Rourke completes a long bomb then immediately throws a bad pick. If BC has any chance he needs to wake up, he looks very nervous.

This one isn't close if not for that fumble on the punt.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
At least Vancouver has 1 sports team that makes the playoffs :laugh:

Is there something in the water right now? I turned away from this game for a few minutes to check on the Vancouver Giants (playing up in Prince George).

They scored 2 goals in 4 minutes then gave up 5 straight over the last 15 minutes of the first period to trail 5-2 after 1.

I think what I'm saying is you guys should probably take the over on the Canucks game this afternoon. :laugh:

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Is there something in the water right now? I turned away from this game for a few minutes to check on the Vancouver Giants (playing up in Prince George).

They scored 2 goals in 4 minutes then gave up 5 straight over the last 15 minutes of the first period to trail 5-2 after 1.

I think what I'm saying is you guys should probably take the over on the Canucks game this afternoon. :laugh:
Oh yeah they're getting destroyed in Boston today :laugh: unless playoff Demko shows up but I doubt it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh yeah they're getting destroyed in Boston today :laugh: unless playoff Demko shows up but I doubt it.

Getting destroyed is almost better than the alternative. My experience with the Sharks this year is Erik Karlsson dragging the corpse of the team to 55 minutes of reasonably competitive hockey before they blow it right at the finish line.

On the one hand it's infuriating. On the other it's almost the best outcome for the people who are on tank patrol because it means you get a mostly exciting game and top it off with the "best" result. :laugh:

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Getting destroyed is almost better than the alternative. My experience with the Sharks this year is Erik Karlsson dragging the corpse of the team to 55 minutes of reasonably competitive hockey before they blow it right at the finish line.

On the one hand it's infuriating. On the other it's almost the best outcome for the people who are on tank patrol because it means you get a mostly exciting game and top it off with the "best" result. :laugh:
Honestly it doesn't even matter how they lose anymore, they suck they have for years, and some think they were good a couple years ago but they weren't, they got lucky :laugh:.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Picture and picture :thumbu:

20221113_151137.jpg

Reactions: m9

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
TSN can piss off with the Harvey's commercials. I don't think we have a single Harvey's in BC anymore. I miss Harvey's being in Home Depots

Reactions: m9

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
this this this this this

I think the last one was a Swiss Chalet that had a small takeout counter for Harvey's along the side up in West Kelowna. So whenever I would go visit my grandmother I'd end up getting burgers several of the days I was there because it'd have to last me for a few months to a year. :laugh:

Then a few months ago I was talking to her on the phone and she said it closed down, which is odd considering whenever I was there the Swiss Chalet always seemed to be quite full and there was lots of takeout during covid.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think the last one was a Swiss Chalet that had a small takeout counter for Harvey's along the side up in West Kelowna. So whenever I would go visit my grandmother I'd end up getting burgers several of the days I was there because it'd have to last me for a few months to a year. :laugh:

Then a few months ago I was talking to her on the phone and she said it closed down, which is odd considering whenever I was there the Swiss Chalet always seemed to be quite full and there was lots of takeout during covid.
i remember sending a friend of mine who lives in kelowna to that harvey’s during a good promotion

last lower mainland one I remember was attached to a swiss chalet in port coquitlam

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i remember sending a friend of mine who lives in kelowna to that harvey’s during a good promotion

last lower mainland one I remember was attached to a swiss chalet in port coquitlam

Yeah. I remember looking on google maps to see where the nearest one was and always thinking "do I really want to go all the way out to poco for a burger?"

I think that Swiss Chalet is also pretty much done in BC too, which sorta sucks but on the other hand I can get pouches of chalet sauce mix from the grocery store so that covers most of the reason I had to go in the first place.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Bombers are a good team I knew Lions had a tough chance but you always hope and I don't even think Rourke is fully healthy, but I think the Lions got some more fans this year which is good, and if they can keep Rourke they will continue to be a good team, especially for 2024 when Grey Cup will be in B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad