OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Did you miss it? They are the second grammatically incorrect professional sports team in Canada.

...though someone said that Elks is actually an accepted plural form of Elk.. I always thought it was Elk..

Years ago I hit a herd of Elk with my car (actually coming back from a WHL try out). True story. I lost.

upload_2021-8-5_19-50-19.png

There are like 50 players on a football team, not the one or two where you’d say Elk.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Did you miss it? They are the second grammatically incorrect professional sports team in Canada.

...though someone said that Elks is actually an accepted plural form of Elk.. I always thought it was Elk..

Years ago I hit a herd of Elk with my car (actually coming back from a WHL try out). True story. I lost.
They should have just rebranded to the "Edmonton Esks" if they had to change it.

Reactions: digger1188

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
That CFL game felt like normal with a big crowd. I think there will be some new name stars and TSN ranking Banks as #1 player in the CFL already stinks.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was a ride and a half. TSN still hasn't shown up on my cable package, but I found a stream on youtube. Some guy was streaming it live and putting up a notepad page that blocked the screen and muted the commercials because he "didn't want to be sued for copyright", then by the second half he completely forgot about it and just let everything run.

But wow, that was...interesting. Don't win many games spotting a team 30 points, but at least there's hope for the season. The first half, whoa. Looked like an NFL squad against a junior high school side. Like...how many plays did it take before the Lions didn't surrender yardage on literally every single play? Ugly with a capital ug. But obviously it was a tale of two halves. Good to see the rookie come back and actually mine some self-confidence out of it. Next time just start Reilly, damn it.

Also I've realized I have like no idea who's even on the team now. I remember Burnham...Chungh...other people...new Japanese kicker? Uh...ok. Good for him to get the first CFL points by a Japanese-born player. Not quite so good to miss a couple of gimmees. Unfair to put the weight of the loss on him as the team only played half a game, but those points would've been really nice to have in a game that got close at the end...oh well.

Next.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Thoughts from a Lions fan watching from the land of Pilsner…

Rider fans are first class. Not a single idiotic comment directed at me. Every comment towards me was some kind of commentary about the Lions roster, or about the jersey. Made me feel that much better about living here now.

Lions will make playoffs this year. Riders
Are a top team in the division, we threw a rookie Canadian QB and rookie Japanese kicker into the toughest stadium in the league, in game one of the season. Horrendous start, many missed points, but we battled and hung in until the last minute.

Next week we need to show some improvement and continue to build

Last edited:

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Looking forward to seeing Rourke and Yamasaki Grow and improve.
Especially looking forward to Rielly coming back 100%. Had some nice plays, but hard to say how much of that was the recievers vs him.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Looking forward to seeing Rourke and Yamasaki Grow and improve.
Especially looking forward to Rielly coming back 100%. Had some nice plays, but hard to say how much of that was the recievers vs him.

One positive is that our O line looked night and day vs. the previous season. Hopefully Reilly and Rourke can continue to have better protection as the season goes on.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looked to me like an exhibition game masquerading as a regular season game.....but then neither team has been on a CFL field for close to a year and half, so what unfolded was not unexpected.

Knew nothing about this Lions team going in, but already they look light years better than they did under Claybrooks. Rick Campbell is a veteran coach who'll get this group on the right path eventually.

Tanner Rourke looked like the second coming of Russ Jackson as a Canadian QB....but kind of delivers the ball like he's heaving a shotput. But seems to be something there to work with.

I really hope the Lions get some fans out when they return to B.C. Place. It feels good to see CFL football again in a full stadium.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Looked to me like an exhibition game masquerading as a regular season game.....but then neither team has been on a CFL field for close to a year and half, so what unfolded was not unexpected.

Knew nothing about this Lions team going in, but already they look light years better than they did under Claybrooks. Rick Campbell is a veteran coach who'll get this group on the right path eventually.

Tanner Rourke looked like the second coming of Russ Jackson as a Canadian QB....but kind of delivers the ball like he's heaving a shotput. But seems to be something there to work with.

I really hope the Lions get some fans out when they return to B.C. Place. It feels good to see CFL football again in a full stadium.

I think you mean Nathan Rourke.

Tanner Rourke is giving me some terrible, terrible Blue Jays flashbacks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln