OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Ugh. Dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Thoughts:

--Reilly once again just not given enough time and space to do his thing.

--Both O and D lines nowhere near good enough tonight.

--Discipline was piss poor.

--Picked apart in middle coverage in the backfield.

--New kicker 3/3. That's more like it. You just gotta get those ones from inside the 30. You jut have to.

--Doman wedged into the broadcast booth with the guys looked like a they were cramming into a roller coaster seat. Wanted to get to know him...but not, like, during the game call, dude. I can't say I took all that much away from the interview aside from him hitting the various new owner buzzwords...didn't seem to stray too far from the stock answers. Which is fine, I mean, thinking back past Braley there's been a colourful cast of characters as BC Lions owners. Amar Doman seems to check some basic sanity and competence boxes...but there's not currently a very high bar to clear in the local pro sports team owner class of citizen these days.

All hail our new football overlord, and may his reign be fruitful.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This game looked a lot like the 2019 season in re-run, except that the QB is now 35 and two years older. Everybody blames the O-line....but when the guy taking the snaps takes too long to get rid of the ball and has no mobility, the sacks pile up.

Seems inevitable that Reilly will go down with some sort of injury, with the punishment he's taking. They need to get more reps for Rourke, because they're going to need him.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
This game looked a lot like the 2019 season in re-run, except that the QB is now 35 and two years older. Everybody blames the O-line....but when the guy taking the snaps takes too long to get rid of the ball and has no mobility, the sacks pile up.

Seems inevitable that Reilly will go down with some sort of injury, with the punishment he's taking. They need to get more reps for Rourke, because they're going to need him.
I honestly dont see why they dont try him out more in these situations. He has way more mobility and its not like his arm is bad. We are going to need to see if he can be the future sooner or later.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Nice bounce back effort. Aside from a couple of deep plays, pretty bland game all around. Injury bay is filling up, unfortunately.

Totally forgot Ottawa is where Benevides wound up. Wow, he went grey in a hurry.

Reactions: MikeK

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I'm going to the game Saturday. My first sporting event since the Canucks played 90s night against the Rangers during the 50th. I'm excited for the game, but I'm equally excited just to feel that feeling of being in the stadium again. The smell of popcorn and beer, seeing all the old jerseys from the past. My favorite.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
The game tonight was my first live sports event in 2 years. The experience was cathartic. Get out to a game folks!

Glad you got out to the game!

Watching that felt like a trip back to a decade ago! While Ottawa is clearly bad, we have a lot of electrifying players on this squad that are a treat to watch when everything is meshing.

Reactions: The Stig

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Wish they played Rourke earlier, but cant really complain about a win like that. Especially when it contains a FG return TD.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I'm going to the game Saturday. My first sporting event since the Canucks played 90s night against the Rangers during the 50th. I'm excited for the game, but I'm equally excited just to feel that feeling of being in the stadium again. The smell of popcorn and beer, seeing all the old jerseys from the past. My favorite.
Even a brief return to some kind of normalcy is good for the soul.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That beat-down of Ottawa last night reminded me of some of the lopsided B.C. Place games in the Wally Buono-Travis Lulay era.

Really impressed with that ball-hawking Lions defenses. But the best addition of all might be HC Rick Campbell. A solid, experienced coach who has his team well prepared to play most games.

It's too bad they're limited to 15,000 fans at the cavernous B.C. Place Stadium. Because if they keep winning, I could crowds in the 25,000-30,000 range once again.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The game tonight was my first live sports event in 2 years. The experience was cathartic. Get out to a game folks!

Well, you certainly picked a good game to go to. Was actually having a fancy dinner out with the family for my wife's birthday, but watched the game after we got home.

Yeah, massive win. Reilly, Burnham and Whitehead all with excellent games. Discipline was far better, Ottawa QB doing his best to be a INT machine, thought the O and D lines were both far better than they had been previously.

Also, Matt Dunigan is such a tool. God, what a loudmouth. I swear he gets drunker and drunker as the games go on.

*Edit* Oh yeah, they seriously have to do something about the music. The stalest, most boring, overplayed songs on the Rock 101 80's hour playlist isn't going to cut it if you're trying to make a connection with a new generation. I swear, I even heard freaking Helix at one point.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions and Al's tonight in Montreal. B.C. needs to keep pace with Saskatchewan by pushing their record to 4-2. Alberta teams are already in trouble, with problems on defense and at the QB position.

Calgary looked terrible in a loss to the Ti-Cats who were forced to go with a practice squad QB after injuries to both their starter and backup. And Edmonton has lost their starting QB for at least six games.

In a condensed schedule, every game is vitally important. Looking for a big night from the Lions receiving corps--which might be the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad