OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So whats up with the CFL? I heard they partnered with the XFL or something. Does that mean some of the rules changed if so? Cause i hope not.

They're just talking. Everyone has signed NDA's so any talk about what anything might look like is pure speculation.

Canada passing the single game sports betting act really helps the CFL though. It will give each team an influx of cash.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
They're just talking. Everyone has signed NDA's so any talk about what anything might look like is pure speculation.

Canada passing the single game sports betting act really helps the CFL though. It will give each team an influx of cash.
Thats good to hear. I like NFL and CFB, but CFL really just provides a Unique experience with its rules.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I’m very doubtful that the CFL can expand. I don’t think they even have the extra capital to expand, let alone even start the league.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I dont know if they will expand right away with covid being so recent.
Maybe the revenue lost during Covid expedites Halifax expansion, so the owners can get those revenues? I’d just rather see the league focussing on the game up here instead of trying a US thing again.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
People talking about Halifax, XFL, expanding, etc. How about we play some damn football and remember what made the CFL so excited. It's backyard football at a professional level, STEEEEGAAAAALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
If I were the owners, I'd look at raising the salary cap. Pull some talent from the practice squads of the NFL. Short term loss for long term gain. Better players = butts in seats.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess the Lions are still being run by the estate of the late David Braley?......I really hope the CFL can find some local owners willing to invest in CFL Football.

As for the future of the league, if they can survive for almost two years with zero revenues coming in, I suppose there is some hope still. The sad thing is if there is a fan limit of 15,000 for CFL games, nobody will notice the difference at B.C. Place.

Reactions: Lindgren

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Football is dead in Vancouver. How many H.S. teams even exist anymore? I believe they're is only one HS on the entire North Shore which has football as a varsity sport.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Going to the game tomorrow. Should be interesting being surrounded by 33,000 melon heads!

Any predictions for the season ahead?

West
1. Edmonton
2. Winnipeg
3. Saskatchewan
4. BC
5. Calgary

East
1. Hamilton
2. Montreal
3. Toronto
4. Ottawa

Reactions: Lindgren

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I've seen a few analysts on twitter say BC is the dark horse of the div and might surprise people.
There was some growing pains last season and I think our coaching will be much better this year. Hopefully we can turn some new heads.

I think an argument can be made for any team to win the West. The East? Not so much, lol

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Bombers/Cats game is pretty good. What a crowd. It's good to have the CFL back.
Hard not to get caught up in the excitement. CFL was smart to kickstart their return with a rematch of the Grey Cup. The quality of football is better than anticipated, considering 20 months of no playing together plus no preseason.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Who the hell are the Edmonton Elks?
Did you miss it? They are the second grammatically incorrect professional sports team in Canada.

...though someone said that Elks is actually an accepted plural form of Elk.. I always thought it was Elk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Did you miss it? They are the second grammatically incorrect professional sports team in Canada.

...though someone said that Elks is actually an accepted plural form of Elk.. I always thought it was Elk..

Years ago I hit a herd of Elk with my car (actually coming back from a WHL try out). True story. I lost.
Such a terrible name. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad