OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Back in 2013/2014 I knew at least half the team, maybe more, personally. Now? One or two. That's the way it goes. There's not much longevity in this game, and even though I would say I was friends with a lot of those players who left over the years I can't say that the Lions made mistakes in letting any of them go.

Reactions: Get North

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Guys go check out the Lions store. All the new shirts and stuff is up. Best looking gear the team has had in years.

I'm going to be spending some money this year.

Sadly because of the threat of a strike I decided against going up to Kamloops this year so I'll be missing camp completely (going to Vegas twice in the next 4 weeks too) so if anyone checks out camp and wants to update us on their thoughts of the team that would be awesome.

Lions also announced the signing of 2015 2nd round draft pick Brett Boyko.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hmm. Still no jersey update? Thought we would have seen them by now. I guess the CBA stuff has slowed everything down.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
They just popped up. Look pretty much the same but with color outlines on the numbers and the Whites now say British Columbia across the chest. Also the logos are on the shoulders.

Jerseys

Thanks for the update.

I like the tops but not a fan of the pants. I think the white stripe is too thick and just seems off. The white stripe should be black with a very thin white strips to match the numbers. All in all though, nice to see Reilly back in our colors. Excited about the upcoming season.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I wanted to do more games this year but could only do a 3 pack. Being on the Island makes going to games a bit of an expense and the Mrs wanted other activities this year. Still be there for a few though so that's all that matters.

Reactions: The Stig

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
On closer inspection I see the "Tramp Stamp" is gone on the new jersey. Thank the higher powers! Will probably get one now. lol

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The Lions went from having one of the worst helmets to what could be the best in the entire league. Seriously digging the retro look with the racing stripes and bringing back the proper logo. I think if they wore black pants with orange and white stripes with orange socks they could be in the running for best jerseys in the league. They are almost there and a major improvement from the last few seasons. Looking great.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They fixed the exact three things I complained about the jerseys.

1. Proper logo on the helmet
2. Not enough contrast between black number and orange jersey
3. Tramp stamp.

Oh and there was a pre-season game today.

https://www.tsn.ca/qb-logan-kilgore-leads-eskimos-past-lions-22-7-in-cfl-pre-season-opener-1.1312100

I was getting alerts from the Sportsnet app that afternoon and started wondering if something was wrong with it. There wasn't a game-start one, just scores.

"Why the hell am I getting unprompted football updates in May?" :laugh:

As for the jerseys, I looooooooove the helmets. I like that it seems as if the stripe is metallic orange and not a flat color. And based on that behind-the-scenes media day video, even the black looks like it's almost a dark metallic charcoal or something too instead of a flat glossy black. That's really cool. I'm also super relieved they're using the real logo instead of that dumb curly "striped" logo from the last few years. I've always liked the white helmets, but this is a solid alternative if those aren't going to be a thing anymore. I might've liked it if the facemasks were orange too, but I can't be sure that would look OK in real vs just in my head.

We're also the only team that appears to have full secondary-color shoulder yokes on both jersey versions, which is cool. Most only have it on their whites. And having the high contrast numbers with off-color trim is a godsend too. I hated solid black numbers on orange jerseys.

The pants are great too.

Really pleased overall with how things look. We could've ended up coming out a lot worse. Montreal looks super boring now with their total redesign, while the Argos inexplicably ditched all the sleeve striping and makes it look like they're suiting up in practice jerseys.

CFL Unveils New Team Uniforms for 2019 | Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net News and Blog : New Logos and New Uniforms news, photos, and rumours

This makes me want to make some Lions avatars now :)laugh:), but it's hard without action shots of the guys in the new uniform. Oh well, It'll be a couple weeks before the season starts, so there's time to figure things out before they become necessary (if there's even a demand for such a concept)

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I was getting alerts from the Sportsnet app that afternoon and started wondering if something was wrong with it. There wasn't a game-start one, just scores.

"Why the hell am I getting unprompted football updates in May?" :laugh:

As for the jerseys, I looooooooove the helmets. I like that it seems as if the stripe is metallic orange and not a flat color. And based on that behind-the-scenes media day video, even the black looks like it's almost a dark metallic charcoal or something too instead of a flat glossy black. That's really cool. I'm also super relieved they're using the real logo instead of that dumb curly "striped" logo from the last few years. I've always liked the white helmets, but this is a solid alternative if those aren't going to be a thing anymore. I might've liked it if the facemasks were orange too, but I can't be sure that would look OK in real vs just in my head.

We're also the only team that appears to have full secondary-color shoulder yokes on both jersey versions, which is cool. Most only have it on their whites. And having the high contrast numbers with off-color trim is a godsend too. I hated solid black numbers on orange jerseys.

The pants are great too.

Really pleased overall with how things look. We could've ended up coming out a lot worse. Montreal looks super boring now with their total redesign, while the Argos inexplicably ditched all the sleeve striping and makes it look like they're suiting up in practice jerseys.

CFL Unveils New Team Uniforms for 2019 | Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net News and Blog : New Logos and New Uniforms news, photos, and rumours

This makes me want to make some Lions avatars now :)laugh:), but it's hard without action shots of the guys in the new uniform. Oh well, It'll be a couple weeks before the season starts, so there's time to figure things out before they become necessary (if there's even a demand for such a concept)

Id take one.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Home pre-season game today, and cut-down day tomorrow. We'll know what the 2019 BC Lions look like in roughly over 36 hours from now.

Some key players/positions to watch tonight:

1) Jevon Cottoy - National receiver from the Langley Rams has looked very good at camp. Came into camp as an excellent athlete who was a bit rough as a football player and has developed very nicely over the past two weeks. Likely won't be a starter from the beginning, but oozes potential. 6'4 230lb receiver with good speed. Lots to like here.

2) Matt Boesen - Picking up the rush end position that was vacated by Shawn Lemon. This rookie has looked very good at camp and should have the job won. Bounced around a few colleges and had some issues that prevented him from catching on in the NFL, there's also a lot of potential here.

3) Safety position - Seems like it's still wide open. Possible candidates include Keon Lyn, Carson Ketter, and possibly the returning Anthony Thompson.

4) Right tackle - The Lions have rotated several players at this position throughout camp, with Brett Boyko and David Foucault getting the most opportunity here. I personally think Foucault has the edge on winning this position; however, Boyko and Lofton are listed at this position for today's game (Foucault isn't dressed). Second year David Knevel is also one to keep an eye on.

Reactions: MikeK

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Season can't start soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Things had been pretty stale around the team for a few years with not much to be excited about. If nothing else there are some key new faces to watch and things should look drastically different at kickoff. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad