OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Fixed that for you ;)

Edmonton is also loading up, and Bo Levi Mitchell is back in Calgary. The West is going to be a dog fight, but at least we look to have some good talent to be able to slug it out with.

Still waiting for the official announcement of Duron Carter, and hoping for Derel Walker as well. And on D, if we can land Micah Johnson and/or Willie Jefferson it won't be fair for opposing offensive lines.

Me and the gf have tossed around the idea of season tickets. But my work schedule is such a mess, Id probably only get to 4 games anyway. Trust me if I could, I would.

Reactions: bcbill

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Apparently. Rumours claim the Lions have agreed to a contract with Duron Carter.

They also are expected to sign top free agent offensive lineman Sukh Chungh, and are in on the top two defensive linemen Willie Jefferson and Micah Johnson. Oh, and we’re also looking at top receiver from Edmonton Derel Walker.

This could be a huge day for the Lions. If we land all those guys, I have no clue how they can afford the rest of the roster, but this also would set us up very nicely as favorites for the Grey Cup.
Duron Carter? Lets get it

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Don't think I've been this excited going into a season since 2012 after wining the Grey Cup. Hopefully Carter gets wrapped up today. Will be interesting to see how defences defend a tandem like Burnham and Carter, and who they double team. Could allow Durant or Wilson to get open quite a bit. (I admit Wilson is still a question mark. He hasn't caught ball in a regular season game since 2016.)

Have to work the night of the home opener, but going to try to get it off.

Go Lions!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Im not entirely sure how I feel about it.

I'm happy and excited. He's extremely talented, and now has an elite QB throwing to him for the first time in his career. Nik Lewis was Carter's teammate in Montreal, and Jarious coached him for a season in Saskatchewan so there is some familiarity there. Mike Reilly is the leader on the team now and won't put up with any kind of nonsense, Claybrooks is a player's coach and should be able to get through to him, and even Hervey/Geroy can help mentor him if needed.

This is Carter's last chance most likely.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I'm happy and excited. He's extremely talented, and now has an elite QB throwing to him for the first time in his career. Nik Lewis was Carter's teammate in Montreal, and Jarious coached him for a season in Saskatchewan so there is some familiarity there. Mike Reilly is the leader on the team now and won't put up with any kind of nonsense, Claybrooks is a player's coach and should be able to get through to him, and even Hervey/Geroy can help mentor him if needed.

This is Carter's last chance most likely.

No question hes very talented. Im just worried about his attitude.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
New jerseys are likely going into next season. Pre-orders for Reilly jerseys are now available, and the images on the website all but guarantee we'll see new unis under New Era. These are just mock ups but one thing that stood out was black numbers on the white jerseys (not seen since 2003). Also read rumours on twitter that we'll have black helmets at home. I've long pined for the 70s retro jerseys we wore at Empire back in 2010, and after seeing these, I'm starting to get excited that's the direction these are headed.

ReillyReplicaJerseyPresale_2048_HOME_1024x1024.jpg

ReillyReplicaJerseyPresale_2048_AWAY_1024x1024.jpg

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
New jerseys are likely going into next season. Pre-orders for Reilly jerseys are now available, and the images on the website all but guarantee we'll see new unis under New Era. These are just mock ups but one thing that stood out was black numbers on the white jerseys (not seen since 2003). Also read rumours on twitter that we'll have black helmets at home. I've long pined for the 70s retro jerseys we wore at Empire back in 2010, and after seeing these, I'm starting to get excited that's the direction these are headed.

Here's what they'll look like:

fetch

fetch

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
https://www.tsn.ca/riders-sign-arceneaux-to-1-year-deal-1.1258410

So I guess this means that Carter is Arceneaux's replacement.

I'm not sure I'm totally on board with this. Manny may have only had 500 yards last season, but it's because he missed like half the year.

ReillyReplicaJerseyPresale_2048_HOME_1024x1024.jpg

ReillyReplicaJerseyPresale_2048_AWAY_1024x1024.jpg

I like that they have to disclaim that the jersey won't actually be a featureless monochrome t-shirt. :laugh:

fetch

fetch

Oh my god these are a gazillion times better than what they've been wearing. I hated that weird Lion logo on the helmet ever since they introduced it.

I kind of miss white helmets with the home/orange jersey though.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I've seen those as well, albeit from a Rider forum. Black helmets home and away would be a lot nicer. Not a fan of the black shoulders. I also read New Era isn't doing TV numbers on the shoulders (see Montreal, their new unis now all of a sudden don't have them) so until they're released, it's all spec at this point. However, I don't think the Lions would be selling white jerseys showing black numbers if they're going to be orange in the end.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
images

What I would give to see these again. Quite honestly some of the slickest looking football jerseys i've seen

Attachments

• lions-2.jpg
    lions-2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Riggins and bcbill

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Amazingly not, no.

I was truly willing to give it a chance, then I saw 3 fumbles in 5 minutes, and that was enough.

Side note, for as much crap the CFL (deservedly) got for their US expansion, I have to chuckle that all these spring leagues, XFL, UFL, all AAF have all gone back to the same cities, minus Shreveport.
Edit: I take that back. The USFL went to most of them first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->